SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 61 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

swag - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 61 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:24 am

I actually find woman who post lots of lingerie and bikini shots for that reason annoying as well.

Once again, simply my opinion and preferences.

I enjoy knowing and seeing these people and when they share a little here and there after the show while returning to normal life, I get excited. When they turn to sharing all the time and seeming to get stuck on needing to be in the spotlight and court public favor, I don't like it. I don't like snapchat, periscope and such. To me, I simply don't want or need that much time with these people. I am that way with actors, athletes, and others considered famous. I enjoy a little bit, but personally get fatigued at the over-exposure phenomena. I can't stand the Kardashians.

I just am not into this societal love of people needing to share so much. I admit I am extreme. I made my husband stop posting on FB everytime we ate dinner out(which is way too much) because I don't want everyone to know every little thing I am up to. He still posts, he just leaves me off.

I know my lack of liking SM overexposure makes me odd here, but I am okay with that.

As I said before, Nick can do as he pleases, I just have felt myself change. I used to be excited to see a new post in his fan thread. To me it was hopefully news of something near he was doing or maybe a cute pic with family or friends. Now I tend to skip half the time because I don't really care to see more random pics that seemed designed to further a career in being a reality tv star or modeling. I hope in the future to get back to the point of being excited that a new Nick post might actually be something interesting. Again JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

swag - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 61 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:45 am

I hear you, Stuck. I guess I am okay with where he is at. It's at a better place than I would expect after what he's gone through (even by his own choice). He's still positive and has not moved from Chicago.

As for his career, I am sure he will figure out what he wants to do and he himself said that what he is doing now is just a temporary thing - more like a break from doing what he had done for 10+ years as a software salesman. Now if he is still there in that spot a year from now then yeah, I'd say he needs some direction for sure. Until then? I see it as a sabbatical of sorts. After working so hard to get my own degrees I could see that as a waste of sorts but I totally get why he might take that time considering that it won't have a drastic impact on him as it would if he had an MD or JD or PhD in something that required him to be consistently working at/paying off.

Just to add: even if we don't see things the same, I still appreciate your thoughts!  bestbud!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:49 am

Me too. No two people should have the same opinions all the time when they are strongly opinionated. That would be boring. giggling
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:50 am

stuckinsc wrote:Me too. No two people should have the same opinions all the time when they are strongly opinionated. That would be boring. giggling

Exactly! We definitely agree on that! giggling yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:23 am

california90 wrote:
jen689 wrote:I watched Nick on afterbuzz. To me Nick was being Nick. IMO the other three are in the entertainment business and have training and experience to play their parts. Nick's a serious minded analytical guy who's authentic. He's not going to go on afterbuzz and try to be some he's not just to please the audience. I thought he did a great job. He said he may be back next week. I hope he is :Nod:

I watched it too, and even if he was being Nick.. still wished he blended with the other 3 better but its probably why Brooks, Cathy, and Danny work so well together. I also think it might be awkward because both Brooks and Cathy have practically sh*t on him on the past/dont like him at all.

When has Brooks sh*t on Nick? I haven't watched every episode of AfterBuzz, but in the ones I have, he mostly defended Nick from what I can recall. Even this week he raised his arm when Danny, I think, asked who loves Nick.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:19 am

I love Nick; he's been my fantasy man since we were 'introduced.' And the fundraising and awareness raising he’s participated in has been wonderful.

Initially the pictures were fun, but at this point they are almost tedious to me, particularly the model shots (with their blank humorless stares). Like a bowl of ice cream, they are great to indulge in periodically, but not nutritious enough for a regular diet.

Maybe he craves the ‘admiration’ after being rejected and humiliated, twice in such a short time frame and in such a public way… and if so, ok, I get it. Still, I hope he settles into something real with someone worthy of him sometime soon.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:16 am

mindless wrote:
california90 wrote:
jen689 wrote:I watched Nick on afterbuzz. To me Nick was being Nick. IMO the other three are in the entertainment business and have training and experience to play their parts. Nick's a serious minded analytical guy who's authentic. He's not going to go on afterbuzz and try to be some he's not just to please the audience. I thought he did a great job. He said he may be back next week. I hope he is :Nod:

I watched it too, and even if he was being Nick.. still wished he blended with the other 3 better but its probably why Brooks, Cathy, and Danny work so well together. I also think it might be awkward because both Brooks and Cathy have practically sh*t on him on the past/dont like him at all.

When has Brooks sh*t on Nick? I haven't watched every episode of AfterBuzz, but in the ones I have, he mostly defended Nick from what I can recall. Even this week he raised his arm when Danny, I think, asked who loves Nick.
I wouldn't say Brooks was ever brutal on him, but I do remember Brooks saying he understood why people thought he was untrustworthy or a sh*t stirrer when he came back from the sex and told the guys it was "intimate". Or when he interrupted Kaitlyn/Shawn on their GD, he said that was on Nick since the producers would ask them to interrupt and they'd always say no. Just little things like that, but I did feel like he was generally neutral but towards the end, he starting disliking him a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:46 am

To me, it just seems like Nick started to believe his own hype. I preferred him during his first run on the show when he seemed intent on returning to his normal job, life. Now, it's like celebrity went to his head a little bit and he feels like he has to keep up with some of the other alumni ("the cool kids") He sees everyone doing snapchat, and shirtless Instagram, so he thinks "why not me"? To me, Nick lost a lot of what made him stand out and instead has become one of the other Bachelor alumni reluctant to return to real life (reality). jmho

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:35 am

california90 wrote:

Personally I think he wasn't that comfortable on after buzz considering those two Brooks and Cathy have said some mean stuff about him, he was more comfortable with Danny who has always liked and defended him. Brooks was also abit awkward with Nick being present he wasn't his usual self
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:36 pm

isittrue wrote:To me, it just seems like Nick started to believe his own hype. I preferred him during his first run on the show when he seemed intent on returning to his normal job, life.  Now, it's like celebrity went to his head a little bit and he feels like he has to keep up with some of the other alumni ("the cool kids") He sees everyone doing snapchat, and shirtless Instagram, so he thinks "why not me"?  To me, Nick lost a lot of what made him stand out and instead has become one of the other Bachelor alumni reluctant to return to real life (reality).  jmho
I tend to share a lot of this view. 
It's one thing to be in your early-mid twenties and still playing around. JMOAA. It's another ballpark to still be cocking around approaching middle age. 
Nothing wrong with having fun while you still can, but eventually there is a point where you do think about settling down in some way shape or form. The limelight is addicting even if it's grade C limelight--what is that sunkist lime in a bottle? That sounds a bit right for grade C reality show cast.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:43 pm

I think if Nick really read this board, he would be happy to see pages of discussion about him. It doesn't matter it is praising or criticizing, he still is a hot topic after two years, that is an achievement I suppose. rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:29 pm

**edited** Brooks was most engaging towards Nick.
If anyone will reach out to Nick it will be Brooks. He doesn't
Have a mean bone in his body. I don't like speaking for an-
other, mabe Nutty will chime in. After the show Nutty tweeted
Brooks and told him how much she enjoyed him and Nick and
If he would ask him back. With that he said, "I will" he tweeted
Nick and Afterbuzz. ***edited**

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt