SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

foundations - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 8 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:34 pm

I have edited/deleted a few posts.
I have to admit I have limited patience this evening.
Two things foremost on my mind:
This is a discussion thread.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

foundations - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 8 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:38 pm

umngirl wrote:No one's social media verification (except my own, giant laugh out loud there) will ever affect my life in any way shape or form. I just find it really fishy that he somehow got it verified when there are many, many more who should be verified before him. It's kinda like when people buy social media followers and you sniff it out as fishy. Like I'm imagining the convo being, "You know that guy who got dumped twice on The Bachelorette the last two seasons? Yeah he totally needs to be verified."
Fishy or not, it has happened.
So whether IG did it or like your friend was able to pull some strings to get it done, it has been done.
Either way, it is rare, pulled strings or not (otherwise lots of countless others with way more clout would be pulling those same strings).
The reasons why can be debated for eternity but the fact remains, Nick is IG verified.
This is unique based on who he is and that no others from this franchise are IG verified unless lead.
It can be downplayed, justified, etc, but at the end of the day, it's just a fact that Nick is verified and the world keeps on spinning. :Nod:
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:49 pm

IMO it's no coincidence he hooked up with that one firm that specializes in 'growing and building your social media presence' and got verified soon after. I mean, I certainly don't think Instagram came looking for Nick Viall if that's the alternative. laugh out loud

He recently followed an IG account of a group that checks to see who's unfollowing and blocking you and a bunch of weird stats like that. I just checked and don't see it anymore, maybe he unfollowed it quickly. So all that to say that I don't find it surprising or special that he's verified, since he seems to care more than the average person.

Last edited by bleuberry on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

foundations - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 8 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:50 pm

alwaystulips wrote:Thanks, sdmom!  I like hearing about these efforts.  Like you, I hope Nick and all the contestants from the show will use their fame to do more for the charitable causes they believe in and encourage others to do the same.

ITA.
Nick faved and retweeted this from Elan, the producer:

Nick Viall retweeted
elan gale ‏@theyearofelan 2h2 hours ago
Please go and buy one of these before they're gone forever. 100% of profits go to charity OBVI http://teespring.com/dont_giveup  

The charity is Humanity and Hope United Foundation, which Ben Higgins also supports and you can see a photo of Ben wearing that t-shirt on his IG. I think it's super cool for cross-promotions like this.

Seems Elan is quite a good doer. He launched the t-shirt line with all proceeds going to charity.
Link here for whoever is interested:
http://www.eonline.com/news/692846/don-t-give-up-bachelor-producer-launches-t-shirt-line-with-all-proceeds-going-to-charity?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelove7 Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:53 pm

happygolucky wrote:

I think we all do it pretty much on a daily basis ... so it's not like Nick is something special or smarter or more capable than us, right?
Oh well, I forgot there are those who live day by day with no purpose and plan, sunshine and rainbows.

I guess I'm more curious to see where this all leads to, to find out about Nick's plans and what he's going to do with all this attention he's accumulating over SM. I'm interested to see what the changes in his life will bring to him and his family. I'm keen to know how he handles all the adversity and what will he present as a success and where would that have a limit.

ITA. To say someone is manipulating and conniving is too extreme.
I think we will never know someone's true intentions when their actions speak for themselves. Most people aren't conscious enough to even know how they are perceived by others.

Also, I would think manipulating has an underlying desire/need and those also will eventually surface whether that person is aware or not.
IMO. To me, Nick obviously has gotten into modeling for fun as he has stated in interviews that he still has a job and he loves his job.

Personally, I would love to read more about Nick's wisdom on dating and relationships from a single male of his generation.
I think times have changed and this is coming from someone who is happily married and crazy enough to still be in love after over 10 years.

I often think about people of his generation and younger and how they are affected via SM when it comes to dating and finding love and especially in relationships. I would guess it's just as difficult as it was for me. I enjoy thinking that we all have evolved to a better situation when it comes to relationships.

IMO.

lovelove7
lovelove7

Female Posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:56 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
umngirl wrote:No one's social media verification (except my own, giant laugh out loud there) will ever affect my life in any way shape or form. I just find it really fishy that he somehow got it verified when there are many, many more who should be verified before him. It's kinda like when people buy social media followers and you sniff it out as fishy. Like I'm imagining the convo being, "You know that guy who got dumped twice on The Bachelorette the last two seasons? Yeah he totally needs to be verified."
Fishy or not, it has happened.
So whether IG did it or like your friend was able to pull some strings to get it done, it has been done.
Either way, it is rare, pulled strings or not (otherwise lots of countless others with way more clout would be pulling those same strings).
The reasons why can be debated for eternity but the fact remains, Nick is IG verified.
This is unique based on who he is and that no others from this franchise are IG verified unless lead.
It can be downplayed, justified, etc, but at the end of the day, it's just a fact that Nick is verified and the world keeps on spinning. :Nod:

Yup, it keeps spinning and I keep on thinking he's an attention seeking douche. :yes:

All JMO.

foundations - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 8 87b72b10 foundations - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 8 86669110 foundations - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 8 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:58 pm

umngirl wrote:*edit* from past posts.

Personally, I don't have the time or energy to "hate" anyone from this franchise, Nick included. It's just when I have an opinion about his actions or a questionable tactic, I'm going to voice it. All well within the rules.

Here here! :cutesmile!:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:17 pm

We are all going to voice our opinions within the rules on any contestant who is in the topic title, like them or not.

We will respect each other's opinions, whether we agree with one another or not.

Behaving any other way IMO is childish and the subtle innuendos need to stay out of this whole forum.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:20 pm

I guess whatever Nick is doing to seek attention is working.
It's no different from anyone else, imo. They all went on TV and use their SM to promote themselves in some form or other.
It will always be different strokes for different folks. no idea
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:31 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
OnePromise wrote:IMO, if the worst thing that Nick has done is to post "douchy", "attention seeking" photos of himself at the request of his fans, then I think he is doing pretty well for himself.  

I think it might be a nice change of pace (although less likely to stimulate riveting conversation as it seems shirtless photos and hashtags dominate around here) to discuss that Nick is a feminist who supports standing up for women's rights and the defense of those who have been victims of domestic violence.  To me this seems a much more meaningful topic, as I think Nick would agree.  "Focus on what is important."

Has he done anything for domestic violence victims, except go to that one fundraiser party? Truly asking.

Interesting you asked:
From his IG today:
nickviall CHECKOUT my new post. My friend Kelley shares her story on how domestic abuse changed her families lives forever and what her and her sisters our doing to fight Back! @lindasvoiceorg LINK in BIO. #shatterthesilence #enddv #foundation #foundations #love #family #awareness
Read more at http://websta.me/p/1069131022520749073_28313266#5vWw8LYoIXDkLoR3.99

His post on the website
I had the opportunity to attend a foundation event for Linda's Voice the other week and was moved by the work Kelley Whitis and her two sister have done in their fight against domestic violence. I asked Kelley if she would be willing to tell her story to help bring more awareness to this terrible issue. I hope you find this post eye opening and inspiring.

More at http://liveloudlovehard.com/lindas-voice/

Honestly, I never heard of Linda's Voice until Nick participated in it. Attention seeking? This is a great example how he used his fame! Hastags? I think he put them to good use!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Thank you.
Interesting timing. yes

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:34 pm

^ That is awesome! Thank you for posting, Sdmom.
I wouldn't have been aware of this cause if Nick hadn't been a part of it.
Just another great benefit of using one's platform for a great cause.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt