SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JamieOtis - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year - Page 3 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year

Post by SomeGuy Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Right now I really don't trust what's aired and, as I said, SM is subjective. Without having a personal F2F connection with either couple, IMHO we're all reading tea leaves. All of that said, I initially thought that Jamie was "damaged goods" in the sense that she carried so much baggage from her past. (Would someone please fill in the business about an ex-husband - I must have slept through the part[s?] where that's mentioned prior to this series) Doug, like Ryan (from LI - happily, those names are fading for me), was a kid living at home. I thought then, somewhat backed off, and now again think these people (D&J) are simply not equipped with the tools to build a marriage. I don't know how long (in calendar time) a span the series covers, but going from (to be only slightly cruel) sniveling to "happy end" seems rather unlikely. Sniveling to separation... I won't be surprised. Sniveling to sort of maintaining... meh... not out of the question. But if they have any real shot at surviving, they need to see someone who can point out the (at least to me) painfully obvious. And, sorry (sorta), Dr. Joseph, you ain't it. Maybe Dr. Schwarz can do it. The remaining two also have, at this point, almost zero credibility with me.

If this weeks episode changed things with D&J (the above sounds as though things aren't getting better) or J&C, I'll be interested to hear how. As an aside, it seems as though the producers have latched onto Neph (sp???) as the source of stress, drama, etc. in J&C's world because, I guess, J&C aren't being as messed up as J&C.

As, I trust, any of us who've been married for many years will atest, "the honeymoon's over" is hardly bad news. We once spent a ski week with a couple who wouldn't let go of the honeymoon after (at this point I forget how long) and it was past time to move forward to something more substantial. A week of non-stop icky was... [/shudder] My guess is that J&C are dealing with this transition and, IIRC, Jason seemed to indicate he'd figured out there was (a good) life after the honeymoon. Once again, they're the adults in the room. So the producers have turned to Neph. And, it seems, Monet hovers on the edge as a possible source of more problems in a relationship.

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Location : The marshals at Witness Relocation said leave this blank ;-)

Back to top Go down

JamieOtis - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year - Page 3 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year

Post by SomeGuy Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:43 pm

I just finished E2. Jamie's right, Doug needs to grow up. It's not the three knives for that mystery sandwich (PB&J and Nutela and Fluff marshmallow stuff on a Thomas' English Muffin????), or even leaving in the sink, per se. I'll bet dollars to donuts the thought "Well, Jamie, will be home some time [wheneve], so I better clean up first" didn't cross his mind. Particularly since Jamie is already upset. But!!! Jamie is becoming The Nag from Hell! Doug doesn't communicate? Well, it's hard to communicate in either direction when it's "my way or the highway" time.

J&C seem to staying pretty much on an even keel. The business of the grandmother and mother have me wondering if just maybe someone on the production side did some prodding and poking to spice things up. Once again, the best thing J&C could do is leave this TV stuff way, way behind.

The business with Neph... does this guy not get that Jasmine's coming for more than just a sleep-over? Neph thinks this relationship is something because she's got a cute smile and isn't bi-polar and doesn't have a record, and probably isn't armed and... maybe this is all building up to "see what happens when you don't get married at first sight"? Oy.

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Doug & Jamie are just annoying me now. Next episode isn't getting any better based on the previews & her "still in love with her ex and comparing the two." Just stop.

Jason & Cortney are still as cute as ever. I'm glad they are making time to be a couple and opening up more when something is wrong. Agree the procuders will come up with something to give them drama like the whole new house thing last season. I don't care to hear about his friend's new relationship. But if it works out, then good luck to them.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

JamieOtis - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year - Page 3 8367-910 JamieOtis - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year - Page 3 I_got_13 JamieOtis - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year - Page 3 E5kqdm15 JamieOtis - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year - Page 3 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Oh boy. This doesn't sound good. I am not watching but I'm curious how in the world can Jamie justify thinking about an ex?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:28 pm

Sigh... she can't really, because she's living in fantasy-land. OK, she comes to the "altar" and there's this sweaty guy with warts. I can imagine this wouldn't set some women's hearts a-flutter. But Doug at least made a very good faith effort to get the marriage started. Jamie's response was basically "oooooh - get a-way!" And then she carries on like a tweeny with "ooooh - I think I love him but I won't tell him yet." That's followed with "Are you a schumck, Doug?"

She didn't expect marriage to be "so frickin' hard" (her words)? "Earth to Jamie, come in, Jamie". Well, Doug's a dud so let's go back to the Ex, who must have become the Ex for some reason... Sorry, Jamie, this is just social Darwinism at work, and you're not on the "fit for survival" list at the moment.

Last edited by SomeGuy on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor typos)

SomeGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:31 pm

LOL if marriage weren't "hard" the divorce rate wouldn't be 55% and IMO the only reason it's as low as that is some women don't like how they look in orange jumpsuits. 
#101waystocookw/antifreeze

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:32 pm

I think she was starting to have doubts about marrying Doug because of all the arguments, him not listening to her or helping out around the house/financial stuff & wondering if her ex is "the one that got away." That's what I took from the short preview and last Tuesday's episode.

JamieOtis - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year - Page 3 8367-910 JamieOtis - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year - Page 3 I_got_13 JamieOtis - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year - Page 3 E5kqdm15 JamieOtis - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year - Page 3 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:13 pm

I found the "grass is greener" comments in the F2F with Whoever She Is very telling (based on the video, it looked to be a very "well, isn't this just too awkward for words" time). Not only was there "grass is always greener" business, but Jamie saw stay with Doug as being content with "brown grass".

Doug has a lot of work to do. But I do understand some of his attitude. It's hard to get motivated to be Mr. Perfect when being shot out of the saddle repeatedly.

It just occurred to me that the reason why Doug may have had to route the car loan through his parents is that his credit is shot. Wasn't that part of the reason why he moved home? I even have a hazy recollection that he might even have had to go through bankruptcy. I may well be wrong about that, but I'm fairly comfortable about thinking his credit rating is probably in the dumper.

If Jamie is all over trying to keep the family books straight, then she should know about Doug's credit rating. I think she's just using money as one more excuse to pick fights, because Doug is no longer the hot Mr.&Mrs. We Love To Spoon guy.

SomeGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by cricket Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:58 am

When Season 2 people were having issues, Jamie was the one posting on twitter about her wonderful husband and marriage.  This was not that long ago.   I don't buy all the issues that are coming out on these episodes.  She is either making it up for the show or she is that strange person who constantly brags about their marriage as they are filing for divorce.  Image is important to her.   She has always made more (wonderful marriage) comments than anyone else from the show because she loves the attention she gets from her fans.

Jamie is always camera ready.  Did you see her folding the clothes with full makeup, red lips and her hair recently dyed?  At least Courtney looks more like a normal person at home.  

hissyfit rant over
cricket
cricket

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:23 am

IA cricket. That's why I'm surprised. It was always adoring comments about Doug and her marriage. The first I heard there was any trouble was in this thread.

It's hard to believe this is for real. If it is, I hope they can work through it. If it's just for the show, then I'll loose total respect for both of them.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:02 pm

I think Cricket nailed it. But, to be frank, I've stopped caring about how the story comes out. It'd be a good thing if D&J sort things out, but if not... meh. That's why they have family court.

SomeGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:58 pm

I haven't watched the episode yet, saw all last night since the show aired Jamie has been all over SM trying to change peoples' opinions & how embarrassed she is. Suspect Guess I should watch for myself before stating my thoughts...

Linds911
Linds911

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 2nd Year

+13
mindless
cricket
Kashathediva
SomeGuy
leselihau