SELECT CONTENT

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 31 of 48 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 39 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SafyresChristmasWish - Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 31 Empty Re: Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Oh well, I guess that's why I like them if they are 70'ish. Hugesmile

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

SafyresChristmasWish - Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 31 Empty Re: Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Maddy Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:31 pm

SafyresChristmasWish - Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 31 CZNgBXWWkAAxe_b
Olivia's Mouth ‏@BachelorOlivia
Coming to a theater near you... #TheBachelor
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:21 am

Paige Caridi ‏@paigecaridi Jan 18
Can't believe how much @BachelorABC schemes and twists everything to make drama. And how many bullies there are. Shameful. Stay strong Liv!

Her family seems very upset with it all, which is understandable. This is why I would never want my kids to go on this show. 23 year olds make mistakes, but on TB, it's just over the top brutal.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:41 am

grace8136 wrote:Paige Caridi ‏@paigecaridi  Jan 18
Can't believe how much @BachelorABC schemes and twists everything to make drama. And how many bullies there are. Shameful. Stay strong Liv!

Her family seems very upset with it all, which is understandable. This is why I would never want my kids to go on this show. 23 year olds make mistakes, but on TB, it's just over the top brutal.

Really? You can't believe? Where have you been for the last 30 seasons?

I'm sorry, but I am tired of all these people whining because they (or their family members, friends), are portrayed in a negative manner on the show. That is what the show does. That is what they have done for years and years and years. If you don't know that, well, that is your own fault. If you did know that, but went on the show anyway...still your own fault. Suck it up buttercup!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 am

Sprite wrote:

I'm sorry, but I am tired of all these people whining because they (or their family members, friends), are portrayed in a negative manner on the show. That is what the show does. That is what they have done for years and years and years. If you don't know that, well, that is your own fault. If you did know that, but went on the show anyway...still your own fault. Suck it up buttercup!
ITA! I guess the desire for fame supersedes all else at times. hmmm

Honestly, it still baffles me that, as smart as some of these contestants seem to be, they don't do their homework before going on this show and signing a contract that says they can be edited any which way! stupid

Sure TPTB, the bubble, what-have-you... but when it comes to TB, there's one thing I know about night one and that is: if you get the FIR, don't think this makes you a front-runner or automatic F1. Think the opposite. There's 20 seasons of the Bachelor to go by on that alone just as there's countless evidence that getting a negative edit can happen to "good" people and even in some cases like Olivia, showing crazed FIR syndrome can be even more exaggerated on a highly EDITED reality tv show!  Rolling Eyes

And while Olivia herself doesn't seem to be whining all that much (because honestly it will only make things worse for her if she does complain) it is ridiculous that her friends and family are whining and complaining when they should be complaining to Olivia since SHE went on the show. If they don't like it, then complain to their sister/friend since she chose to go on!!  no no
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:03 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
Sprite wrote:

ITA! I guess the desire for fame supersedes all else at times.  hmmm

Honestly, it still baffles me that, as smart as some of these contestants seem to be, they don't do their homework before going on this show and signing a contract that says they can be edited any which way! stupid

Sure TPTB, the bubble, what-have-you... but when it comes to TB, there's one thing I know about night one and that is: if you get the FIR, don't think this makes you a front-runner or automatic F1. Think the opposite. There's 20 seasons of the Bachelor to go by on that alone just as there's countless evidence that getting a negative edit can happen to "good" people and even in some cases like Olivia, showing crazed FIR syndrome can be even more exaggerated on a highly EDITED reality tv show!  Rolling Eyes

And while Olivia herself doesn't seem to be whining all that much (because honestly it will only make things worse for her if she does complain) it is ridiculous that her friends and family are whining and complaining when they should be complaining to Olivia since SHE went on the show. If they don't like it, then complain to their sister/friend since she chose to go on!!  no no

Exactly. Google is your friend. This site is one that pops up. Just ask us and we'll tell you what's what. Not to mention, read your contract! I remember we got a gander at that sucker years ago and I can't believe ANYONE signs that thing. I mean, we appreciate you all for entertaining us, but really you are all just silly or your need for attention/fame overwhelms your good sense and any legal advice you get. Either way, stop whining. You should have known better, but since you did it anyway, just smile, apologize, go along with the joke and deal with it. You have nobody else to blame but yourself!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:23 am

^ ITA!

Honestly, if someone asked me what to do if they got the FIR for the Bachelor show (where, CMIIW, the FIR has never been F1 for TB male leads) I would say to immediately start downplaying it and not think of oneself as a frontrunner. 

Basically think and do the opposite of what most FIR girls do. Because there's 95% chance that one won't be F1 if one takes it to heart too soon after getting the first rose.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:59 am

I wonder what in her application alerted the producers of her insecurities. I am very much convinced that they saw exactly what and how she was and played her like a string. Starting with that blasted FIR and getting the first GDR, too. Whatever they read in her, she didn't disappoint, obviously. Poor, poor Olivia!

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:02 pm

I think I read somewhere or heard in an interview that the applications are pretty in depth. Like a 1000+ questions or so. (Oh oops, I'm trying to be mindful of over using the word "like" in the wrong place as I recently heard how ridiculous it sounds!). Anyway, it includes all kinds of psych stuff etc so I believe the Show hires shrinks to analyze the applications and they in turn provide a summary of what the underlying issues are with each contestant. Or something like that. I feel poor kids on one hand and little dummies on the other.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:25 pm

rhondam wrote:I think I read somewhere or heard in an interview that the applications are pretty in depth. Like a 1000+ questions or so. (Oh oops, I'm trying to be mindful of over using the word "like" in the wrong place as I recently heard how ridiculous it sounds!). Anyway, it includes all kinds of psych stuff etc so I believe the Show hires shrinks to analyze the applications and they in turn provide a summary of what the underlying issues are with each contestant. Or something like that. I feel poor kids on one hand and little dummies on the other.

I no longer feel sorry for any of them. There is so much information out there about what tptb do to manipulate the contestant...even before they are cast. Not to mention their own contract spells out for them what tptb can do. They ignore all that and still go on the show, because the fame and benefits are too tempting and/or they think they can outwit the producers. Olivia in particular is already in the business. She more so that anyone, should know how things can work. Just can't feel sorry for her.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:57 pm

True. True.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:52 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
Sprite wrote:

ITA! I guess the desire for fame supersedes all else at times.  hmmm

Well that wouldn't be very supportive of them. Kind of like kicking her when she's down. All they can do now imo, is be there for her. I'm sure it's hurting them to see her hurting. It seems understandable to me that Paige feels protective of her sister. no idea As far as 30 seasons, I think Paige would have been in grade school when this all started, so I wouldn't expect her to know much about it. My kids have watched the show here and there, but it's not like they have the time or care enough to give this show much thought. Olivia reminds me of her mother from those videos of her parents courtship and wedding. She saw her mom's approach work and probably heard the story many times, but (innocently) it may have sent the wrong message because it's generally not the way to go about finding your husband. It may have provided the perfect storm for the producers.  plotting

I wouldn't make the mistakes Olivia has, but my 23 year old self may have fallen into some of the same producer traps. She seems pretty strong, but an emotionally fragile person may not fair so well one of these days. I can't believe I'm going to agree with RS, but I am... In no way has she done anything that is remotely deserving of the kind of punishment she is taking on SM. I guess I didn't feel much compassion for some... like Vienna or Kelsey Poe, but many times I have thought that the show took it way too far. I especially hated what they did to Arie on AFTR. I don't want to see people humiliated, but the majority of viewers seem to want it, which I guess accounts for the Hunger Games comparisons. More recently, it does seem like TPTB are making an effort to help their villains victims redeem themselves. Certainly they helped Lace and perhaps JJ and Ashley S. CH alluded to something on the Live show about Olivia that made me think they may do that with her. I can't remember exactly what he said, something about more unfolding and waiting to see... I doubt they suddenly got a conscience, more like it allows them to momentarily look like reasonable humans so they can pounce again. Just like they manipulate the contestants, they manipulate the audience into whatever view they want people to have. They really are the puppet masters. jmo.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 48 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 39 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Olivia Caridi - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+62
Beach Lover
kimberlyg
jen689
sparkler
Ariela