SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by albean99 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:50 am

I never really liked or disliked Chris but am a big Whitney fan so glad she's back to her life. I believe part of the disdain for him is that he went on and on about loving farming and finding a wife. It may or may not have been true at one time but he seems to have caught the fame bug these days. None of it affects me since I won't be watching any of these shows so don't really care. I did like his family and wonder what they think of all this?

Last edited by albean99 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:24 pm

If I were to guess, I think those DWTS pap videos of Chris/Whitney probable turned a lot of people against him. He just came off as so disrespectful, rude, and uncaring in those.

I don't really care that he went on and on about wanting a wife, but ended up like everyone else who wanted fame. I've come to expect that and I actually do believe he wanted to find love but the girls he actually wanted (Britt, Jade, and Becca) just didn't work out for some reason or another. I think he picked Whitney b/c he genuinely admired her and probably wanted to fall for someone like her, but that doesn't excuse his post-filming behavior.

(jmo)

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:25 pm

^^^^^ Agree. He is rude!
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:27 pm

He always was an nonentity to me. Just a waste of a season.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:16 pm

To me every single guy on Andi's season was much more attractive, interesting, articulate, had a better body and really I could go on and on... but this was the guy they decided on. How he was picked over Arie is beyond me. A waste indeed.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:26 pm

bluwavz wrote:To me every single guy on Andi's season was much more attractive, interesting, articulate, had a better body and really I could go on and on... but this was the guy they decided on. How he was picked over Arie is beyond me. A waste indeed.

I think Brian would've been a great Bachelor.

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:44 pm

I agree Brian would have been a great Bachelor. Dylan said in a podcast that tptb said the Bachelor choice was between Chris, Brian and Dylan. I'm a big Dylan fan but I would have worried for him as to what tptb would have done with his sad history. I follow both he and Brian on SM and both continue to be the great guys I thought they were on the show... and both I think are still single.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by maniluh Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:37 pm

bluwavz wrote:To me every single guy on Andi's season was much more attractive, interesting, articulate, had a better body and really I could go on and on... but this was the guy they decided on. How he was picked over Arie is beyond me. A waste indeed.

this.

i have nothing against chris since i barely followed him post season but he is definitely not good tv. he was so boring and he's just lucky he had group of great and entertaining girls which made up to his lack of personality.

maniluh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:11 pm

Yeah, it blows my mind that happened. And...they kind of made the right choice. The ratings were really good and I remember a couple of girls like Ashley I, Becca, Samantha, and Whitney saying that they did the Bachelor specifically because of Chris and were going to turn it down if they had chosen the other guy (who I'm guessing is Arie). My guess is that Chris really sold women the image of this "rich, handsome, gentleman who just wants a wife", whereas Arie's stories of womanizing and living in an apartment with a roommate were more out there. I've heard stories about Chris being a player and cheating on his ex-fiance (from her sorority sisters) and obviously there was all the legal trouble he had, but somehow people really dismissed all that and it didn't gain too much attention. I guess Chris is someone who appeals to middle America, but I'm still mourning the season Arie would have given us. I swear, all of my favorites (Reid, Roberto, and Arie) are always THISCLOSE to being the lead but it never worked out for some reason or another.

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:36 pm

Omg Arie would have been amazing. I'm still a little bitter laugh out loud. I mean he's doing great now.. but selfish reasons, I would have loved him over Chris.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:11 am

chasingpavements wrote:If I were to guess, I think those DWTS pap videos of Chris/Whitney probable turned a lot of people against him. He just came off as so disrespectful, rude, and uncaring in those.

I don't really care that he went on and on about wanting a wife, but ended up like everyone else who wanted fame. I've come to expect that and I actually do believe he wanted to find love but the girls he actually wanted (Britt, Jade, and Becca) just didn't work out for some reason or another. I think he picked Whitney b/c he genuinely admired her and probably wanted to fall for someone like her, but that doesn't excuse his post-filming behavior.

(jmo)

I don't understand this. If Chris wanted Britt, Jade or Becca he could have picked them. He sent Britt and Jade away, that was his choice not theirs. And if he wanted Becca he could have picked her and just not proposed but dated her. I'm sure that there was pressure from TPTB for a proposal but so what, it was still his choice.

I liked Chris before and during the show. I didn't like how he treated Whit after the show during and after DWTS. Whit was willing to give up a lot for that relationship and I don't think he was. She is better off without him. I love his family and feel bad for them that it didn't work out.

Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:09 am

Rolly wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:If I were to guess, I think those DWTS pap videos of Chris/Whitney probable turned a lot of people against him. He just came off as so disrespectful, rude, and uncaring in those.

(jmo)

I don't understand this. If Chris wanted Britt, Jade or Becca he could have picked them. He sent Britt and Jade away, that was his choice not theirs. And if he wanted Becca he could have picked her and just not proposed but dated her. I'm sure that there was pressure from TPTB for a proposal but so what, it was still his choice.

I liked Chris before and during the show. I didn't like how he treated Whit after the show during and after DWTS. Whit was willing to give up a lot for that relationship and I don't think he was. She is better off without him. I love his family and feel bad for them that it didn't work out.

It's just my opinion, but I felt that there was physical/sexual chemistry and a chase with those three women that was never was with Whitney. I think he caught on to britt's drama and fakeness, was never going to marry a playboy model, and knew that Becca was never going to move to Iowa and be a farner's wife. Plus, I do believe the pressure got to him - Jason has said he straight up told the producers he wasn't going to propose to Melissa and just wanted to date her and they said "fine, we'll give you a terrible edit and make everyone hate you". Chris wanted DWTS and all the other opportunities so he went along with it and picked the woman that he admired and liked, but IMO, never loved. He pretty much implied that in his radio interview saying something along the lines that it was "technically an engagement". Like I've said before, there was more passion with both Becca/Chris and jade/Chris on the couches during the ATFR and WTA, respectively, than I ever saw with Chris/Whitney. It's just my outsider opinion though - I guess we won't really know until someone writes a tell-all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX