SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 42 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Yes, by leaving the scene and not being tested, the most he will get is class D felony which is 5 yrs max. Instead of Class C and 25 yrs max?

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 42 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Before Chris is hung out to dry, it must also be determined that the deceased was adhering to all legal laws. There are laws about driving farm implements on roads in Iowa. The deceased was driving a tractor. http://news.iowadot.gov/newsandinfo/2010/10/farm-vehicle-safety-check-proper-equipment-lighting-and-marking.html
Like mentioned the facts of the case need to be determined and I hope will be succinctly posted.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:03 pm

full video of CS in court
http://www.kwwl.com/story/35233673/2017/04/24/one-dead-in-buchanan-county-crash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:29 pm

What horrible news! I feel bad for both families and of course the deceased man. Hopefully he didn't suffer long and may he rest in peace.
I'll be following for more information. I'm still unsure of the exrend of Chris' guilt in this situation, i do hope it's not as bad as it's appearing to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:33 pm

I love this quote:

"There is a nobility in compassion, a beauty in empathy, a grave in forgiveness."
~John Connolly

I work in Human Services with many low income families and many convicted criminals. I went to a training a few months backed and the message was all about the differences between those of us sitting in the room and those who were sitting behind bars. The difference is usually who got caught and who got lucky. 1 in 4 people have a criminal record...but this message was about the other 3 out of 4...Those of us who don't have to live with the daily reminder of the poor choices we've made that we simply didn't get caught at. www.weareallcriminals.org Awesome speaker, awesome message...and helps hit home that NONE of us are perfect.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Kasha, thanks for posted that about the tractor as I wondered whether they were legally allowed on roads. Doesn't take away from the tragedy but it may be a huge factor in the legal case
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Here is Chris' statement.

A spokesperson for the former Bachelor star sent the following statement to PEOPLE: “Chris Soules was involved in an accident Monday evening (April 24) in a rural part of Iowa near his home. He was devastated to learn that Kenneth Mosher, the other person in the accident, passed away. His thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Mosher’s family.”

http://people.com/tv/devastated-chris-soules-speaks-out-after-arrest-allegedly-leaving-scene-deadly-crash/

I do hope Chris is okay. I just feel so awful for the victim and his family.
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:37 pm

@leselihau Thank you for that. Having personally watched someone go through 3/4 I have compassion for them as well as I do for CS. The worst is yet to come for him. Guilt is a horrible monster to deal with.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:46 pm

luvstx wrote:Kasha, thanks for posted that about the tractor as I wondered whether they were legally allowed on roads.  Doesn't take away from the tragedy but it may be a huge factor in the legal case

I don't see how it changes anything legally. Chris wasn't charged w/ vehicular manslaughter or anything that puts him at fault for the accident, which is where the tractor being allowed on the road would be pertinent. He was charged with leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death. I liked Chris, but IMO with alcohol being found at the scene & chris' history of drinking and driving, I'm convinced he was definitely drinking. I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for him. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:47 pm

sbolduc wrote:This is incredibly sad - my condolences to the family - that is just horrible.

As others have said without knowing the details of the situation is very hard to say anything. This is something horrible that has happened to two families.

Further it is horrible that Chris left the scene - however we don't know the full facts around the situation. My father was involved in a horrible car accident which killed 4 people - he was able to accelerate at the right time and avoid getting hit - however the person behind him was not lucky and both passengers passed away. My father - who is the greatest man I have ever known - was in shock and left the scene driving all the way home. He didn't even know what was going on nor does he remember driving home. My brother who was 7 years old at the time was the one that told us what happened and we called the police immediately - because my dad was incapable of speaking as he was incomplete shock. Now was my dad someone who caused the accident or hit someone - no but he is someone that in a normal situation would have stayed - however the shock overtook him and his logic was not working.

Regardless this is an extremely sad incident and I am very sorry for both families involved. I believe that it is best for me to hold judgments until more facts are released.

Thanks for sharing the story. Do I think Chris was wrong and should be held responsible and pay the price for his crime? Sure I do! But I also think we as human beings can be weak and make mistakes. I admit I have made my share of mistakes and if not for the grace of God, some of them could result in terrible consequences too. I pray comfort and peace for all parties involved, Chris and his family too. Also, may it be a lesson for all who's reading here, drive carefully.
All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Yeah I'm sorry, I don't think "we're all criminals" and some of us abide by the fact that other humans have a right to their lives just as much as we do imo. Zero sympathy or compassion for this guy from me.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:51 pm

They're still investigating the cause of the accident so I don't think they could charge him yet anyway. It depends on their findings if they do, I think. I hope it wasn't his parents' home he was hiding at. They've got enough to deal with as is.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX