SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 54 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 67 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 54 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Diana Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:30 pm

I also had a knee jerk reaction yesterday.. listening to that audio is heartbreaking. I still don't comprehend not cooperating with the police but I'm hoping he allows himself forgiveness for this. I can only imagine the guilt.

This situation is just so sad. My heart is broken for everyone involved especially the poor victim. RIP. sad
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 54 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Kashathediva Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:31 pm

I personally, do not believe CS's life is over. It is changed. It will not be what it was. It will be different. Hopefully it will be something that can turned into something better for him and the Mosher's, as sad as that sounds.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Woah. Arie snapped a picture of Chris in court with the caption "No sympathy. Thoughts with the victims family. No excuse for a hit and run. Hope justice is served."

Pretty harsh coming from someone inside the family. Although Arie may harbor some resentment against Chris for the Bach gig.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:38 pm

mtnlvr55 wrote:
mindless wrote:Well I'm glad he at least tried to help before hightailing it. Doesn't explain any further why he was hiding for 5 hours though.

Well, IMO, he wasn't "in hiding". He was at his home and he didn't come out to talk with the Sheriff's department when they knocked at his door. My guess, and only MY guess, is that he had already contacted an attorney and was told not to talk with the police without representation. Actually, this is a smart move, BUT it does tend to make him look guilty even if he isn't.  Does it make it pretty much impossible to charge him with OWI , yes. Does that mean that he was intoxicated: no.

If you don't answer the door when the police come knocking and force them to get search warrant to get you, you're hiding IMO. It may be legal to not answer the door, but it doesn't mean it'll help your case when you've already committed a crime. Cooperation is usually more helpful, unless of course you're delaying things in order to destroy evidence of a bigger crime you then can't be charged for, because 5 years is less than 25 after all. Not saying that is necessarily the case, but I don't buy it being a case of waiting for representation, since his attorney wasn't even present at court the following day in person, just on the phone. If she already advised him on the phone, she could've represented him on the phone as well. No need to wait 5 hours and make things difficult. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:38 pm

I don't think it matters family or not. People are people. Look at how the remarks were here. no no The thread had to be locked.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:39 pm

sosleepy wrote:Woah. Arie snapped a picture of Chris in court with the caption "No sympathy. Thoughts with the victims family. No excuse for a hit and run. Hope justice is served."

Pretty harsh coming from someone inside the family. Although Arie may harbor some resentment against Chris for the Bach gig.
I'm with Arie. Fully.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Remember the days we used to talk face to face with people? I'm almost 100% positive that Arie would not have said that to Chris' face.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Alanna wrote:
sosleepy wrote:Woah. Arie snapped a picture of Chris in court with the caption "No sympathy. Thoughts with the victims family. No excuse for a hit and run. Hope justice is served."

I'm with Arie. Fully.

Feels kinda tacky and self serving to me. One last dig at Chris or something and riding the Bitter Train for getting passed by this guy for the lead. Better to not say anything at all and keep your thoughts to yourself in this case. JMO.

I read elsewhere the Carly, Evan and Andi have also commented but I can't find. Anyone know what they said? I actually liked Marcus' statement the most. He acknowledged the victim and family (unlike Luke), but also said his heart goes out to Chris and he needs support and he's there for him.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by AmoreBella Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:58 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/www.etonline.com/news/216098_andi_dorfman_reacts_to_chris_soules_life_altering_tragedy_it_all_very_sad/ampdoc.html

AmoreBella

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:00 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:Remember the days we used to talk face to face with people?  I'm almost 100% positive that Arie would not have said that to Chris' face.  

So much yes. Just like road rage, so easy to be a judgmental tool sitting behind your phone or computer screen.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:01 pm

mindless wrote:
mtnlvr55 wrote:
mindless wrote:Well I'm glad he at least tried to help before hightailing it. Doesn't explain any further why he was hiding for 5 hours though.

Well, IMO, he wasn't "in hiding". He was at his home and he didn't come out to talk with the Sheriff's department when they knocked at his door. My guess, and only MY guess, is that he had already contacted an attorney and was told not to talk with the police without representation. Actually, this is a smart move, BUT it does tend to make him look guilty even if he isn't.  Does it make it pretty much impossible to charge him with OWI , yes. Does that mean that he was intoxicated: no.

If you don't answer the door when the police come knocking and force them to get search warrant to get you, you're hiding IMO. It may be legal to not answer the door, but it doesn't mean it'll help your case when you've already committed a crime. Cooperation is usually more helpful, unless of course you're delaying things in order to destroy evidence of a bigger crime you then can't be charged for, because 5 years is less than 25 after all. Not saying that is necessarily the case, but I don't buy it being a case of waiting for representation, since his attorney wasn't even present at court the following day in person, just on the phone. If she already advised him on the phone, she could've represented him on the phone as well. No need to wait 5 hours and make things difficult. JMO.  

I agree, plus the beer cans in the truck make me a tad skeptical as well.  scratch

Last edited by Mommyof2 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Arie tweeted this link this morning. Interesting how John Wolfner responded to it.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 54 Al_zpskdugyiee

Source:@ariejr

I try to never judge people without fully knowing the facts. Even then I try to avoid it because unless I've walked a mile in their shoes I don't have the slightest inkling of what it's like .... I feel really bad for everyone concerned in this tragic turn of event.
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 67 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX