SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by albean99 May 8th 2017, 4:02 pm

I'll be curious to hear the facts to do with the alleged open bottles such as what was open, could it have opened from the accident, what caused the accident and whether there could be extenuating circumstances such as whether the tractor had working tail lights, etc. I think it's possible that the defense could say that CS had a drink or 2 after the accident which I'd think could skew the results of any testing. JMO I'd think that the evidence would be strong as far as him leaving although if he did stay and give aid that could potentially help.

I'm definitely not going to excuse drinking and driving if that's what happened but am also not going to make any assumptions until we know more.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by dw_a_mom May 8th 2017, 8:26 pm

I agree that we will have to leave it all up to the professionals and a jury trial. It is sad for everyone. There is no excuse for drinking and driving, if that is what happened, but I still feel bad for Chris; if he has issues with alcohol, it is a disease.

I have seen some comments that having tractors on the road is a hazard because of the slow speed they have to go, and the number of blind turns in the area, so there may be multiple factors at fault.

My prayers go to the friends and family of the driver of the tractor.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh May 8th 2017, 8:42 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:I agree that we will have to leave it all up to the professionals and a jury trial. It is sad for everyone. There is no excuse for drinking and driving, if that is what happened, but I still feel bad for Chris; if he has issues with alcohol, it is a disease.

I have seen some comments that having tractors on the road is a hazard because of the slow speed they have to go, and the number of blind turns in the area, so there may be multiple factors at fault.

My prayers go to the friends and family of the driver of the tractor.

Agreed it's sad all around. the accident happened on a straight flat part of the road. So while there are blind corners and hills that was not the case here. It was a clear day and still light out.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel May 8th 2017, 8:49 pm

How do we know it was still light out?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva May 8th 2017, 9:04 pm

It was not still light out. I posted that it was not.
The accident was on April 24th. I posted this on May 1st.
Also: According to this source link sunset was at 8:00 PM on Monday April 24th, 2017. Twilight was at 8:30 PM. It was dark by 8:30PM shown as in one of the videos previously sourced.

Another source has sunset listed for today in Arlington as 8:12 PM today. With twilight approx 8:43 pm, so it could not possibly have been light out still at 8:20 pm on Monday April 24th IMO.
Right now it's 8:08 pm and it's just about dusk here, not quite dark where I am. Not yet the summer solstice for another good approx 6 weeks on the east coast.

Last edited by Kashathediva on May 8th 2017, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh May 8th 2017, 9:07 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:How do we know it was still light out?

I live near there.  It happened before 8:20 (called in then but he called it in after others arrived and he had climbed out of truck). and it was still light out then that night.  Also if you doubt me you can look it up online.

I have said it before here I wouldn't be surprised if he was looking at the sunset/taking a pic like he likes to do when it occurred.

It might be a definition of what is light. It was not dark or even close.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva May 8th 2017, 9:14 pm

@Tiggerlgh
I DID look it up online. This is what sunset was. This is when twilight was. It is now 8:08 where I am. The sun had set by then. SO it was over. D O N E.
It is now 8:14 where I am and just about dark, with barely a hint of light at all.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh May 8th 2017, 9:19 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@Tiggerlgh
I DID look it up online. This is what sunset was. This is when twilight was. It is now 8:08 where I am. The sun had set by then. SO it was over. D O N E.
It is now 8:14 where I am and just about dark, with barely a hint of light at all.

And I am about 30 mins from where it happened. It was not dark yet. Yes getting darker but it was not yet dark. There was still light AKA twilight not for a while after it occurred.

It wail still be much brighter here in an hour than what you are describing. It really depends on where you are when it gets dark.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva May 8th 2017, 9:22 pm

Well, maybe one of our members who have access to google earth can help us out and will capture it tomorrow night and clarify the issue for once and for all.
Because in no way in god's creation do I believe in it is still light at 8:20PM in Arlington, Iowa when it is dark here now on NNJ at 8: 21.  And this would have been weeks ago there. I will be glad to concede the issue and eat crow.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 May 8th 2017, 9:36 pm

Dusk is tricky time to drive IMO because not everyone has their lights on but it's not like daylight. I don't think there's any point in speculating that Chris could have been taking pics unless he was posting one at the time of the accident.

We're only going to know what he says happened and any potential witnesses and even then, people tend to see different things. I know it's nice to have everything in black and white but life tends to be more gray.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh May 8th 2017, 9:37 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Well, maybe one of our members who have access to google earth can help us out and will capture it tomorrow night and clarify the issue for once and for all.
Because in no way in god's creation do I believe in it is still light at 8:20PM in Arlington, Iowa when it is dark here now on NNJ at 8: 21.  And this would have been weeks ago there.  I will be glad to concede the issue and eat crow.

I would tonight but it doesn't work with IOS right now. It's still 30 mins from 8:20 here now.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 8th 2017, 9:44 pm

According to https://sunrise-sunset.org/us/arlington-ia/2017/4, on April 24, sunset was at 8:00:07 pm. Twilight ended at 8:30:21 pm. There should have still been some dusky light at that time. And being out in the country helps you see later in the day because your eyes adjust to low lights vs having to switch between artificial and natural.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX