SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand -  Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by Katiebelle Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:03 pm

So because the edit is all over the place and SM is giving us very few clues I thought I'd go back and watch some pivotal moments and listen to the background music. In the past the background music they have given a girl or a date has given clues to their placing i.e the most romantic sounding background is usually F1, like Matilda last year.

TV3 has an excellent section called "Best bits" where you can watch highlights of the dates.

I watched quite a few but the ones that stood out were Rebecca, Storm and Fleur. No surprise there. However, Storm and Fleur's music had a faster tempo and a crescendo while Rebecca's was more of a melody.

What was also interesting is they used the same piece of music for Rebecca for when he gave her the FIR and when he was on the merry go round with her.

Also the music when Storm was talking to Jordan at the CP about feelings and how hard it was (not the bit where they were smooching) was actually quite haunting and sad.

So if I closed my eyes and just listened to the music without seeing the pictures I would pick Rebecca's to be the most romantic. However, Fleur's music is more joyful. Not sure what that means.

If you have a few spare minutes to have a listen to the videos I love to hear your views.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand -  Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:33 pm

@Katiebelle....it still appears to me that they have not yet used the exact music they used for Matilda yet this season...maybe becos filming was still ongoing for a while but I could be wrong. They may have changed the music around but @Allaboutlove sleuths the music really well so I will be keen to know if the Matilda music has been played for any of the girls.

Based on what we have seen I think the issue IMO is that Rebecca is not yet as vested in Jordan as he is in her. I will be keen to see how she interacts with Jordan during the episode 9 GD. Also curious as to who Jordan gives the SQT to on that GD....I saw both Shari & Storm in the preview, not sure if there were others.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:51 pm

Great points, @katiebelle! I posted in the SM/Media thread and The Spinoff are also saying Storm, Fleur, and Rebecca as the possible winners/frontrunners and this may be reflected in the music as well?

IA that Rebecca's music was more romantic and Fleur's more joyful/celebratory? I can see Storm's music being more sad during that CP moment with Jordan (which they titled "he loves me he loves me not). It could mean she gets hurt if she is not F1?

Like @mercieme posted, so far no one has gotten Matilda music yet so not sure if they will wait until later on to have more romantic sweeping music or perhaps it was just a one-off for Matilda last year?
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:42 am

mercieme wrote:Based on what we have seen I think the issue IMO is that Rebecca is not yet as vested in Jordan as he is in her. I will be keen to see how she interacts with Jordan during the episode 9 GD. Also curious as to who Jordan gives the SQT to on that GD....I saw both Shari & Storm in the preview, not sure if there were others.
IA and also don't see Rebecca as invested in Jordan as he has been in her - at least not yet?

I noticed Rebecca has had very few ITMs throughout the season thus far talking about her connection or feelings for Jordan (even downplaying them a bit, imo). On Rebecca's date, it was Jordan who said more about their connection than she did. For Storm and Fleur, they definitely have far more ITMs where they talk about their feelings for Jordan.

I hope this is not a case where Jordan is more interested in someone (Rebecca) than she is in him and so chooses someone else who is more into him? He brought up that "some girls never approached me" and the camera panned to Rebecca at the one CP this week and concerned about who is as interested in him as he is in them.

Then again, she did say in VO in one RC she was worried about leaving and then relieved to stay so not sure if she is just not shown talking about her feelings or if it is because she is not as invested as Storm or Fleur?
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:10 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if Rebecca may be a one hit wonder and it fizzle out before it gets really started, also didn't the music, that I call Ryan and Trista tune, play when Gab kissed Jordon during their time on the last episode, the guitar tune??.

To me the only ones I see an interest in from Jordon is Fleur, Storm and Gabs and to a certain extent Rebecca. So I'm thinking along the same lines as all you are.. I'm wondering if Gabs may be the dark horse this season that wins the race at the end. All is JMO only laugh out loud
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:01 pm

If Gabs becomes F1....then that's major....I still don't see  Jordan as vested in her as he is with the other 3 (Rebecca, Fleur, Storm) but we shall see giggling I do agree that she is a dark horse for sure because at least Jordan knows she is serious about him compared to some of other girls....JMO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:42 pm

... and this is my opinion from the beginning and shared it already.. FLEUR (in my opinion) is F1 and STORM is F2.

I did not see Rebecca over the moon during her after ITM and the (forced) kiss at the end of the date was everything but natural. I cannot put my finger on it but for me she seems very distant.

Ceri and Gabs are maybe genuinely interested to Jordan but I do not see reciprocity from him.

So next week will be Naz's overzealous drama queen in full gear. yay! (not)

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:00 am

LoveDovez wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Rebecca may be a one hit wonder and it fizzle out before it gets really started
This week was showing Jordan talking about wanting to see reciprocation for his feelings and girls approaching him at CPs so I am not sure if Rebecca is just a one hit wonder or rather someone who is as the edit seemed to suggest not approaching him or reciprocating as much?

I still think it may relate more to Rebecca not reciprocating as much. Rebecca got the FIR and then didn't approach Jordan at CPs after that and then not really focused on until she got her single date. And then even after her single date she never approached him while Jordan himself approached her again at the CP after her single date and Rebecca even admitted surprise.

So from the very first episode until the most recent, it has been Jordan who has approached Rebecca 100% of the time and she has never done so. It's why I still think the camera panned to Rebecca when Jordan said this week "There are some girls who have (still) not approached me" and he had been talking throughout the episode about how he needs to know where the girls stand regarding him so thinking maybe Rebecca?

Rebecca's definitely more quiet and sits back and so maybe that is just how she is especially in this situation and holds her feelings closer because she was saying in VO that she was worried about going home and does seem to like Jordan but unless she approaches Jordan herself at a cocktail party (similar to what Matilda did) I don't think Jordan gets the feeling she likes him as much as he likes her. I think he was looking for that reassurance Rebecca wanted to approach him after their date together but she never has so doubts for Jordan regarding Rebecca have set in.

Will be interesting to see if Rebecca approaches Jordan this week or still sits back. If she still sits back then I think Jordan will either keep trying and talk to her about it (ask her about her feelings for him) and they will progress in their relationship or he will move on and focus on his other relationships more.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:18 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Rebecca may be a one hit wonder and it fizzle out before it gets really started
This week was showing Jordan talking about wanting to see reciprocation for his feelings and girls approaching him at CPs so I am not sure if Rebecca is just a one hit wonder or rather someone who is as the edit seemed to suggest not approaching him or reciprocating as much?

I still think it may relate more to Rebecca not reciprocating as much. Rebecca got the FIR and then didn't approach Jordan at CPs after that and then not really focused on until she got her single date. And then even after her single date she never approached him while Jordan himself approached her again at the CP after her single date and Rebecca even admitted surprise.

So from the very first episode until the most recent, it has been Jordan who has approached Rebecca 100% of the time and she has never done so. It's why I still think the camera panned to Rebecca when Jordan said this week "There are some girls who have (still) not approached me" and he had been talking throughout the episode about how he needs to know where the girls stand regarding him so thinking maybe Rebecca?

Rebecca's definitely more quiet and sits back and so maybe that is just how she is especially in this situation and holds her feelings closer because she was saying in VO that she was worried about going home and does seem to like Jordan but unless she approaches Jordan herself at a cocktail party (similar to what Matilda did) I don't think Jordan gets the feeling she likes him as much as he likes her. I think he was looking for that reassurance Rebecca wanted to approach him after their date together but she never has so doubts for Jordan regarding Rebecca have set in.

Will be interesting to see if Rebecca approaches Jordan this week or still sits back. If she still sits back then I think Jordan will either keep trying and talk to her about it (ask her about her feelings for him) and they will progress in their relationship or he will move on and focus on his other relationships more.

Yes - I am looking forward to seeing more of Rebecca with Jordan. She's been invisible girl since her single date. She seems to really enjoy his company and they have a lot in common but if she doesn't give the poor guy some encouragement soon she's going to miss her chance. Or he could be one of those men that love the chase. Who knows - but it's going to be fun to watch and see what happens!

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:29 am

I am looking forward to seeing more of Rebecca (all the girls) too, @katiebelle and seeing the connections build and more of Jordan too bestbud!  

The lack of media for Jordan is a bit odd (and the one thing I find strange regardless of whether he would be liked or not) just because it is standard for all leads, BUT, with that being said, it is very early days yet with the season not even being half-way so while it is not a season like Art's where Art/Matty's connection was day one and in a league of it's own, imo and that of many others, it is still a good season and likely to get better .

Even following Art and Matty a year later, it seems like Art and Matilda are truly a rare breed and I doubt I will ever see the likes of it ever again on any franchise anywhere. And so I remind myself that it is not the show that made Art/Matty happen - it is who they are themselves no matter how they were edited they would have been beloved because of who they are.

With that in mind I remind myself that I can't expect the show to deliver the same goods because Art as lead and Matty as F1 were beloved from the getgo and only Bachelor in this show anywhere where FIR=F1 thus far and I don't think the magic of Art/Matty will ever be matched (and I think this would be the case no matter who the Bachelor was this year).

So I go back to what I told myself and posted before the season aired that if Jordan is even half the guy that Art is then he is a definite catch! So far I see Jordan to be a genuine and sincere man who is on the show for the right reasons (which is a lot more than I can say for many many bachelors) and that's what matters most to me.  :Nod:

Hopefully we get to see Jordan find someone special (there are some great girls on the show for him) and be happy and there's a great love story, FRC and live ATFR. I am thinking it may just be great because I doubt the show would have a live-ATFR if Jordan is not happy and with his F1.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:05 am

Katiebelle wrote:

Yes - I am looking forward to seeing more of Rebecca with Jordan. She's been invisible girl since her single date. She seems to really enjoy his company and they have a lot in common but if she doesn't give the poor guy some encouragement soon she's going to miss her chance. Or he could be one of those men that love the chase. Who knows - but it's going to be fun to watch and see what happens!

don't you think it can only be because she is not interested to him?

I do not see the same edits as Fleur for example. Fleur is always present in every episode, either ITM or short sequence (RC), or group dates and her single date. It seems to me that I cannot miss her. Also every time I hear her or the sequence are positive things.

I have the same vibe with Storm. She is invested. However the edits I get are more "jealous" for Storm rather than "sweet and lovely" for Fleur. I think Storm is starting to develop feelings and she does not take well (although she remains very ladylike) to see him with other girls.

The vibe I get from Rebecca is friend zone and we are already epsisode 8. As you say, we saw almost nothing. Edits put her invisible until the very end? Of course we've seen that already in the franchise. theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand -  Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 8 2498057887

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:11 pm

HEA wrote:The vibe I get from Rebecca is friend zone and we are already epsisode 8. As you say, we saw almost nothing. Edits put her invisible until the very end? Of course we've seen that already in the franchise
I don't think Rebecca would have kissed Jordan during their date if she saw him only as a friend. Rebecca sees Jordan as a potential boyfriend. She's being realistic about the process. She wants to spend more time with him away from the other women to see how they interact with each other and then decide if it's a relationship she wants to pursue. The edit does remind me of former US Bachelor/Bachelorette's who've been hidden and then become the F1 JMO

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

+22
iamreal2u
djogbenyuie
ElonM
snowyglow12
LynnTa
Idlemess
Melissa_Jane
LoveDovez
Karina
mercieme
jen689