SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - General Discussion - Social Media - Media - #3 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

KJshow - The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - General Discussion - Social Media - Media - #3 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 12 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - General Discussion - Social Media - Media - #3 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:58 pm

@solaroo great post... especially that it detracts from the show. And that is the point... I am only watching him because of the show, not because of him as a person. He can do as he pleases and certainly is doing as he pleases. I will say though if he wants to be seen more genuine in his business of real estate, posting paparazzi shots of himself is not helping that nor is it helping him making himself so much about this show, imo. Aussie public and media are brutal and have seen it time and time again and that Michael is not seen as genuine by most media and those following the show already is negative tick that he will have to work against. That's just what comes with going on TV.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

KJshow - The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - General Discussion - Social Media - Media - #3 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 12 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - General Discussion - Social Media - Media - #3 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by marysegap Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:59 pm

H.E.A.T.H.E.R wrote:Michael interview, much more relaxed in this situ

http://www.domain.com.au/news/the-bachelorette-finalist-michael-turnbull-talks-real-life-real-love-and-real-estate-20151021-gkd5du/

There he is... riding the wave! giggling :yes:
marysegap
marysegap

Back to top Go down

Post by H.E.A.T.H.E.R Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:08 am

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/bachelorette-australia-returns-in-2016-with-possible-bachelor-spinoff-says-ten-20151021-gkebzg.html

and the franchise is doing swell downunder, producers looking for bumper bachelor/ette season with spinoffs for 2016 - awesome :cutesmile!:
H.E.A.T.H.E.R
H.E.A.T.H.E.R

Back to top Go down

Post by marysegap Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:17 am

AllAboutLove wrote:@solaroo great post... especially that it detracts from the show. And that is the point... I am only watching him because of the show, not because of him as a person. He can do as he pleases and certainly is doing as he pleases. I will say though if he wants to be seen more genuine in his business of real estate, posting paparazzi shots of himself is not helping that nor is it helping him making himself so much about this show, imo. Aussie public and media are brutal and have seen it time and time again and that Michael is not seen as genuine by most media and those following the show already is negative tick that he will have to work against. That's just what comes with going on TV.

Yes, I have notice some people dislike him. It is risky... like a double-edged weapon, using this platform to promote his business might end up hurting his credibility. Mostly when it comes to his real estate business. People prefer those who feel are the most honest. :yes:
marysegap
marysegap

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:25 am

AllAboutLove wrote:@solaroo great post... especially that it detracts from the show. And that is the point... I am only watching him because of the show, not because of him as a person. He can do as he pleases and certainly is doing as he pleases. I will say though if he wants to be seen more genuine in his business of real estate, posting paparazzi shots of himself is not helping that nor is it helping him making himself so much about this show, imo. Aussie public and media are brutal and have seen it time and time again and that Michael is not seen as genuine by most media and those following the show already is negative tick that he will have to work against. That's just what comes with going on TV.

Yes! There are many other reality shows where contestants do similar things in terms of building a profile and that's fine. Go for it. The media regularly exploits contestants as fodder for their mags/new stories and there's no rule that it can't be the other way around. But maybe I'm just old-fashioned because when it comes to a show like this that is busily constructing a love story, a supposed romance (however artificial the circumstances) is it too much to think the participants motives could be a little more honest? The mere suggestion that someone has ulterior motives that exist outside the show is so disappointing for me, and I suspect I'm not alone. Once I got this sense of Michael I've been unable to shake it. Man, am I taking this show seriously or what?! Smiley
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by marysegap Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:01 am

H.E.A.T.H.E.R wrote:http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/bachelorette-australia-returns-in-2016-with-possible-bachelor-spinoff-says-ten-20151021-gkebzg.html

and the franchise is doing swell downunder, producers looking for bumper bachelor/ette season with spinoffs for 2016 - awesome :cutesmile!:

Hopefully Australia keeps it as is and doesn't copy the USA!  I found Australia's version refreshing. USA producers have this concept that more is better so.. they have MORE contestants, MORE Drama, MORE traveling, MORE weirdos :crazed  BUT less ethics when it comes to treating the contestants with respect and  consideration for their feeling.  They play with these people like if they were actors.  The last three having overnight dates for example, ... that is unethical and a lack of respect to whoever will be F1 as for the F2 and F3 that end up feeling used! no no   There is also less romance and we hardly get to hear real conversations.  Some seasons they confuse you to the point where you LOOSE  completely the love story! stupid no no  

So I hope USA will learn from Australia version and will take some notes! :yes:
marysegap
marysegap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:41 am

marysegap wrote:
H.E.A.T.H.E.R wrote:http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/bachelorette-australia-returns-in-2016-with-possible-bachelor-spinoff-says-ten-20151021-gkebzg.html

Hopefully Australia keeps it as is and doesn't copy the USA!  I found Australia's version refreshing. USA producers have this concept that more is better so.. they have MORE contestants, MORE Drama, MORE traveling, MORE weirdos :crazed  BUT less ethics when it comes to treating the contestants with respect and  consideration for their feeling.  They play with these people like if they were actors.  The last three having overnight dates for example, ... that is unethical and a lack of respect to whoever will be F1 as for the F2 and F3 that end up feeling used! no no   There is also less romance and we hardly get to hear real conversations.  Some seasons they confuse you to the point where you LOOSE  completely the love story! stupid no no  

I agree

10 guys, genuine guys.
then 1 single date with each.
then 4 eliminated
then another round of single date
then 3 eliminated
etc

lets get rid of those stupid group date please!

Back to top Go down

Post by marysegap Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:17 am

HEA wrote:
marysegap wrote:

I agree

10 guys, genuine guys.
then 1 single date with each.
then 4 eliminated
then another round of single date
then 3 eliminated
etc

lets get rid of those stupid group date please!

I think the group dates are necessary because is the time where the BACHEROR/ETTE get to see the contestants interact with each other!  And this part is so important when getting to know someone's character and personality.
But definitely some changes on the format of the show would help!  
Mostly when they are casting they would need to be more careful and avoid all kind of former professional athletes KJshow - The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - General Discussion - Social Media - Media - #3 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 12 2498057887 and pick more of the NORMAL people with real GOOD intentions....such as Dave, Alex .... Sasha...giggling
Hugesmile !
KJshow - The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - General Discussion - Social Media - Media - #3 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 12 1377737533
marysegap
marysegap

Back to top Go down

Post by ellmack Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:19 am

FINALLY, I'm all caught up on watching the ep's, and just in time for the finale's Pt1 & Pt2. *whew* Well my fav 2 are still Sasha and Richie, and while I think Richie is great marriage material (and would be amazing as the next Bachelor) I think Sasha is more suited to Sam. JMO of course Smiley

I think Sash has that rugged manliness about him that would appeal to Sam as a man who can keep her safe, while still being a loveable larrikin that Aussie blokes are so well known for and would make her laugh, with that softer teddy-bear side thrown in when the moment is right. So yeah Sash is definitely my pick for her.

Funny, coz I started out not being a Sam fan last year, and still aren't really, but I have warmed a bit to her this season and really hope that she does find her happily ever after.

solaroo wrote:Re @Sundy 's comment about Dave and Sasha, I guess it's a good reminder that these guys were scrubbed up to look pretty for the show but send them back to their real lives and it's quite apparent they're not unlike most guys you'd see down at the local.

I much prefer the non-suit side to these guys, they'd be fun to party with. It's no wonder that Dave the plumber is friends with Davey the builder and Sasha the construction manager - they all work in the same industry and would hit it off easily.

And what's the old saying? "Tradies get the ladies..."

:yes: They sure do..!
ellmack
ellmack

Female Posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:33 am

@ellmack.. just in time!! bestbud!

It was a much better season than I expected and I also love Richie and hope he is next lead/Bachelor.But I will be sad seeing Richie hurt in this next episode... eeek!!

Overall, Sam was a credit to herself and carried herself well for this show, imo, and I am glad she has found her happiness with Sasha.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ellmack Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:37 am

@AAL KJshow - The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - General Discussion - Social Media - Media - #3 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 12 1710264613 It sure has been much better than I expected too..! I'm super hyped up, I think because I've watched the whole thing within the last week and a bit, so I'm kinda obsessed about it all right now KJshow - The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - General Discussion - Social Media - Media - #3 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 12 3806527698

I've got faith in your source now too that Sash is F1, if I'd read that at the start I mighta been hanging onto it for wishful thinking, but now after seeing the sort of guy he is it actually makes sense. Sam has a vulnerability about her and I think Sash really fulfils that 'protector' role. Even if it is a little bit old-fashioned way of thinking in this day of striving for sexual equality, but hey, it is what it is and that's just how I see it. And besides, I'm just an old fashioned girl at heart too giggling
ellmack
ellmack

Female Posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:37 am

Sam's just opened up a new IG profile. Following Richie, Sasha, Dave and Davey
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - General Discussion - Social Media - Media - #3 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+43
KB_Mom
bluwavz
Relalou
Norcalgal
2observe
BachofCookies
Litta123
Aunties_Love
thirteen
mindless
AEF