Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Movie Mania - Discussion

 :: Real Life

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by Mustang19 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:15 am

I just borrowed the DVD Lincoln Lawyer from my son. I don't even remember when this movie in theaters or even advertised, but it was fairly recent. It has Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Phillipe (sp), William H Macy, and Josh Lucas. I really liked it. Thriller/suspense type movie.
avatar
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1127
Join date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by agentcurls on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:45 am

"Adjustment Bureau" starring Matt Damon & Emily Blunt was a nice surprise....not what I expected. It's worth 2 hours Smiley
avatar
agentcurls

Posts : 2011
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by Love_Me on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:57 pm

avatar
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32396
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by anders on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 am

Mustang19 wrote:I just borrowed the DVD Lincoln Lawyer from my son. I don't even remember when this movie in theaters or even advertised, but it was fairly recent. It has Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Phillipe (sp), William H Macy, and Josh Lucas. I really liked it. Thriller/suspense type movie.

I was rather meh on it - it was okay, I knew what was going to happen before it happened, the only thing I didn't guess was McConaughey's move in the courtroom that changed the course of the ending. So hard to word that without giving it away.
avatar
anders

Posts : 5398
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 55
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by gurlbrit on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:17 pm

sweptaway wrote:So went to the cowboys and aliens movie. Don't know what I was thinking that it would be campy, kind of funny. Those aliens were so creepy. My mother jumped so many times and grabbed my arm. One time she scratched my chin. The best part of the movie for me was all the shots of daniel craig from behind.

I actually squealed twice when the monsters appeared, made everyone in the theater laugh. Both Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford are yummy.

Went to see HP VII for the second time on Friday night, youngest son hadn't seen it yet, I could watch those movies again and again, there's so much going on.
avatar
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3454
Join date : 2011-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by Nibbles22 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Did anyone go see The Help, this weekend?
I was wondering how it was!
avatar
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1201
Join date : 2011-03-23
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by anders on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:36 pm

I haven't seen The Help - apparently Planet of the Apes beat it this weekend. But they are two entirely different movies. The Help has been getting good reviews, mostly for the acting. Real people like it more than the critics - which is typical.
avatar
anders

Posts : 5398
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 55
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by Peppermom on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Saw Planet of the Apes and not a big fan. Good thing the apes were computer generated or PETA would have had a field day. I liked the old ones but this one was just too much animal cruelty for me. Even if the animals weren't real. :giggle:
avatar
Peppermom

Posts : 1973
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by deedreamer on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:09 pm

We took the grandkids to see The Smurf's in 3D on Sat. My first 3D movie. It was actually really cute and funny. The grandkids went around singing the Smurf song and quoting lines from the show all weekend. It was a hoot LOL.
avatar
deedreamer

Female Posts : 939
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 67
Location : Kingston, Ontario, Canada

http://thetoyboxgrannies.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by pavalygurl on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Nibbles22 wrote:Did anyone go see The Help, this weekend?
I was wondering how it was!



I did and loved it. The audience clapped at the end.



I saw an African American commentator, who I respect very much, on tv who felt it trivialized the Jim Crow laws in the south. I cannot imagine what it was like for folks having to live through all the horrible things they have endured. However, on a purely story telling basis, I thought the film was great. It has a lot of wonderful women's performances and Viola Davis will break your heart. Emma Stone is outstanding as well. Cannot say enough good about this film.



It may not change anyone's politics, but it is a begining to understand that time in our history and see a wonderful story as well.

pavalygurl

Posts : 4208
Join date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by Nibbles22 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 pm

pavalygurl wrote:
Nibbles22 wrote:Did anyone go see The Help, this weekend?
I was wondering how it was!



I did and loved it. The audience clapped at the end.



I saw an African American commentator, who I respect very much, on tv who felt it trivialized the Jim Crow laws in the south. I cannot imagine what it was like for folks having to live through all the horrible things they have endured. However, on a purely story telling basis, I thought the film was great. It has a lot of wonderful women's performances and Viola Davis will break your heart. Emma Stone is outstanding as well. Cannot say enough good about this film.


It may not change anyone's politics, but it is a begining to understand that time in our history and see a wonderful story as well.
Thanks Anders, and Pavalygurl. I look forward to seeing the movie!
avatar
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1201
Join date : 2011-03-23
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by anders on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:07 am

OMG - I watched Before Sunrise with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy last night - absolutely beautiful movie!!! If you love a good romantic/exciting/intriguing love story this is a must see!!! I found it has a sequel Before Sunset that is supposed to be just as good - I'm going out to find it today!!
avatar
anders

Posts : 5398
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 55
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Movie Mania - Discussion

 :: Real Life

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum