Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Movie Mania - Discussion

:: Real Life

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movie Mania - Discussion

Post by Mustang19 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:15 am

I just borrowed the DVD Lincoln Lawyer from my son. I don't even remember when this movie in theaters or even advertised, but it was fairly recent. It has Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Phillipe (sp), William H Macy, and Josh Lucas. I really liked it. Thriller/suspense type movie.

Mustang19

Female Posts : 984

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:45 am

"Adjustment Bureau" starring Matt Damon & Emily Blunt was a nice surprise....not what I expected. It's worth 2 hours Smiley

agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Love_Me

Female Posts : 32811

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 am

@Mustang19 wrote:I just borrowed the DVD Lincoln Lawyer from my son. I don't even remember when this movie in theaters or even advertised, but it was fairly recent. It has Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Phillipe (sp), William H Macy, and Josh Lucas. I really liked it. Thriller/suspense type movie.

I was rather meh on it - it was okay, I knew what was going to happen before it happened, the only thing I didn't guess was McConaughey's move in the courtroom that changed the course of the ending. So hard to word that without giving it away.

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:17 pm

sweptaway wrote:So went to the cowboys and aliens movie. Don't know what I was thinking that it would be campy, kind of funny. Those aliens were so creepy. My mother jumped so many times and grabbed my arm. One time she scratched my chin. The best part of the movie for me was all the shots of daniel craig from behind.

I actually squealed twice when the monsters appeared, made everyone in the theater laugh. Both Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford are yummy.

Went to see HP VII for the second time on Friday night, youngest son hadn't seen it yet, I could watch those movies again and again, there's so much going on.

gurlbrit

Female Posts : 2989

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Did anyone go see The Help, this weekend?
I was wondering how it was!

Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1008

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:36 pm

I haven't seen The Help - apparently Planet of the Apes beat it this weekend. But they are two entirely different movies. The Help has been getting good reviews, mostly for the acting. Real people like it more than the critics - which is typical.

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Saw Planet of the Apes and not a big fan. Good thing the apes were computer generated or PETA would have had a field day. I liked the old ones but this one was just too much animal cruelty for me. Even if the animals weren't real. :giggle:

Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:09 pm

We took the grandkids to see The Smurf's in 3D on Sat. My first 3D movie. It was actually really cute and funny. The grandkids went around singing the Smurf song and quoting lines from the show all weekend. It was a hoot LOL.

deedreamer

Female Posts : 939

http://thetoyboxgrannies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 pm

@Nibbles22 wrote:Did anyone go see The Help, this weekend?

I did and loved it. The audience clapped at the end.

I saw an African American commentator, who I respect very much, on tv who felt it trivialized the Jim Crow laws in the south. I cannot imagine what it was like for folks having to live through all the horrible things they have endured. However, on a purely story telling basis, I thought the film was great. It has a lot of wonderful women's performances and Viola Davis will break your heart. Emma Stone is outstanding as well. Cannot say enough good about this film.

It may not change anyone's politics, but it is a begining to understand that time in our history and see a wonderful story as well.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 pm

@pavalygurl wrote:
@Nibbles22 wrote:Did anyone go see The Help, this weekend?

I did and loved it. The audience clapped at the end.

I saw an African American commentator, who I respect very much, on tv who felt it trivialized the Jim Crow laws in the south. I cannot imagine what it was like for folks having to live through all the horrible things they have endured. However, on a purely story telling basis, I thought the film was great. It has a lot of wonderful women's performances and Viola Davis will break your heart. Emma Stone is outstanding as well. Cannot say enough good about this film.

It may not change anyone's politics, but it is a begining to understand that time in our history and see a wonderful story as well.
Thanks Anders, and Pavalygurl. I look forward to seeing the movie!

Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1008

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:07 am

OMG - I watched Before Sunrise with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy last night - absolutely beautiful movie!!! If you love a good romantic/exciting/intriguing love story this is a must see!!! I found it has a sequel Before Sunset that is supposed to be just as good - I'm going out to find it today!!

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Movie Mania - Discussion

:: Real Life

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum