SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Page 16 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:34 am

I don't believe endorsing is just about money. I think endorsers should actually use the products they endorse. Josh is clearly using AdvoCare products & looks great. He is passionate about helping others and according to his team of over 1,000 people there are so many thanking him for his help and guidance in getting them healthy and in great shape. Obviously not every product is for everyone but for my friends who use it and hundreds of thousands of others they have had great success. The bottom line is, he loves what he does, makes great money doing it, has the freedom to travel, has earned great trips, and he's helping others. I say, Good for him!

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Post by Kashathediva Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Josh looks great because of genetics and lifestyle. I am not foolish enough to believe supplements are responsible.
I wonder what the attitude will be if the supplements should ever be linked to personal health issues of anyone close to him. The products are unregulated. They are supplements. Even with as loose as FDA guidelines are, they don't merit any.
The umbrella of loving what you do, making good money doing it and having freedom to travel is not always an ends justifying the means. JMO. I can think of many negative things that are shielded by that statement.
Regardless, his life.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:28 pm

I find it very hard to believe that Josh made almost half a mill endorsing Advocare in a year, though I'm sure he lives very comfortably.

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:49 pm

I'm not a fan of supplements like Advocare either. I'd hate for my sons to take it or anything like it. Not worth the risk no matter how well it works imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by AnandaMarie Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Sorry, but I think endorsing is all about the money. And I agree Kasha. I think Josh also looked good before he started endorsing Advocare so I don't think the products had much to do with the way he looks now. I think he also works out regularly and I think that has contributed to the way he looks and feels. I agree that endorsers should use the products they endorse but maybe all the other former contestants use the products they endorse. We wouldn't know if they use them or not and we also don't know how much of Advocare Josh uses for sure. They all say they use the products. We don't live with them to know if they actually use it so Josh isn't better than any of for other former contestants endorsing products. It's all the same.
I still think it's all about the money and I guess it's a successful job for him since he makes alot of money gets to travel and it doesn't require too much intelligence. But really, when you Google Advocare, there seems to be just as many negative reviews as they are positive ones. A doctor told me that Advocare isn't good for you and that it's one of the worst things you can put into your body. Why would people ever listen to Josh when people who are far more qualified to make an assessment of the products think it does more harm than good. But anyway, if people want to believe Josh and not get proper medical advice, it's their lives and they can do whatever they want to.
AnandaMarie
AnandaMarie

Female Posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:01 pm

I'm not an expert on AdvoCare but I have friends who swear by it. Regardless, Josh enjoys helping others and AdvoCare has given him an outlet to do that in a way that is changing lives. If the end doesn't justify the means as suggested then car salesmen should think about the death mobiles they sell. A whole lot of people die every day while they profit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Loveinterest wrote:I'm not an expert on AdvoCare but I have friends who swear by it. Regardless,  Josh enjoys helping others and AdvoCare has given him an outlet to do that in a way that is changing lives.  If the end doesn't justify the means as suggested then car salesmen should think about the death mobiles they sell.  A whole lot of people die every day while they profit.

Absolutely, there are a lot of questionable things that lead to negative ends. :Nod: I agree.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:32 pm

Ugh..the Advocare talk again. I thought we were done and over that but since it came back up I just want to pipe in and say that I use a few Advocare products and really like them. I have had no negative side effects so far.  I am not a distributor, I simply purchase a few things from a friend at my gym. Yes, like any vitamins, supplements etc. I know there is the possibility of some ill side effects so that's why one should always consult with their doctor and educate themselves about what they put in their body.  It's their choice. It's a lifestyle decision and clean eating and exercise is a big part of it.  If you don't like Advocare and don't want to use their products, then don't.  It's as simple as that.  Just like all the other Bach alumni pluggng products, If you like what they are selling, then buy it, otherwise don't. They aren't forcing you too.

And as far as googling Advocare, of course you are going to get negative comments. That's what you get with googling almost anything on the internet, more negative comments than postive. That's because people who don't like something (or someone) are much more vocal in general.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:40 pm

In fairness, most of the product peddlers in Bach nation get the same kind of criticisms and judgment. I don't feel forced, but I have the right to express how highly annoying and fake I find it - even from the likable ones.

Seeing as he only got involved with Advocare after the show (or am I mistaken?), I'd say easy money has a lot to do with it.

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 16 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:23 pm

He was taking AdvoCare before the show and his brother was taking it in college and became an endorser when he went pro. I have also seen Josh's mother make posts on her 15 lb. weight loss and his dad's 30 lb. weight loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:56 pm

The whole Murray clan except for Stephanie have taken Advocare products and done fine.  Now, I have a problem with sucralose, so I actually asked MM about that and she told me they have a doctor who says it is safe.  I gave up the discussion at that point, I was not going to get through to her.  I believe they have had good luck with using Advocare products and probably 80% of people do.  It is unfortunately the other 20% who don't that suffer, some critically with long term health issues from it.  

But as Kasha pointed out, no different than Herbalife that my brother and sister in law continue to try to sell me and have my MIL hooked on.  I find their products gross and refuse to buy them, but they keep trying.  They even invited their dealer to thanksgiving where they made a dessert with the stuff.  The Murrays are no different than these people who use their standing in their church to push people into using their products.  The Murrays just have a larger stage.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AnandaMarie Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:00 pm

Loveinterest wrote:I'm not an expert on AdvoCare but I have friends who swear by it. Regardless,  Josh enjoys helping others and AdvoCare has given him an outlet to do that in a way that is changing lives.  If the end doesn't justify the means as suggested then car salesmen should think about the death mobiles they sell.  A whole lot of people die every day while they profit.

I don't get why he keeps talking about how he's helping people and changing lives. It's a business and it's all about the money. Unless you're a serial killer, almost everyone helps someone through their job at some time. It's almost inevitable but those people don't go around talking about how much they're helping people. It's a job. You can use anything in an irresponsible way and cause harm to yourself or others. People buy knives for cooking but as long as they're careful and not violent, it's usually harmless. Knives are dangerous if the people using them are irresponsible. The problem with Advocare is not the people using it, it's the product. Doctors have said it's not safe and so many people have used it as required and have experience significant health problems because of it. Advocare developed Kickstart Spark for kids aged 4 to 11 with 60 milligrams of caffeine. Dr. Karen Hopkins, a pediatrician at New York University Medical Center said "Children should have no more than about 40 milligrams of caffeine a day. And that's the maximum amount. I'm talking children about 6 to 12 years old. School-aged children."
Source:http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kids-sport-drink-under-fire/
What kind of responsible company does stuff like this?
I have also read about sucralose not being good for you but of course his mother would say that their doctor says it's ok. How are they supposed to sell Advocare if they acknowledge the negative effects of it.
AnandaMarie
AnandaMarie

Female Posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 48 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

+69
sosleepy
Eagle Eye
Tiggerlgh
eirekay
Joshswife