SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Page 20 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:25 am

mindless wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I agree that announcing his motives isn't really necessary and I don't see why he should do it. But if he's pretending that this is all about helping people and health and blah blah blah, well that is just so Josh of him to pat himself on the back for pushing this junk laugh out loud. JMO.

Indeed. giggling

I have so many problems with MLM as well as this particular product that I'm not gonna give Josh any credit for this. Some people's appearance and well-being might've been changed for now thanks to his shilling, but I'm positive it would have just based on the dietary changes and whatever else they promote aside from the actual products. The junk is totally secondary and possibly very harmful in the long run. And that's what he's banking on, that they will keep using those products for a long time. Just no. You can't compare this stuff to prescribed medications that come with an extensive list of side effects and are taken under the surveillance of a doctor. Taking meds isn't promoted as a healthy lifestyle either, while AdvoCare is. Just because most people aren't dropping dead after taking it doesn't mean it's perfectly fine, let alone healthy. Not to mention the cost, which is ridiculous for the content.

I don't know or care what his intentions are, but when it comes down to it, he's just taking advantage of his fanbase. JMO.

Ditto. I don't necessarily even feel sorry for them b/c it's on them for not doing their own research and just taking Dr. Josh's word on it, but that's exactly what he's doing. JMO.

Back to top Go down

24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:54 pm

I don't know or care what his intentions are, but when it comes down to it, he's just taking advantage of his fanbase. JMO.

IMO you can say that about every one of them who promote / sell products whether it be makeup, jewellery, clothes, hair products and the list goes on.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71504

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:15 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

IMO you can say that about every one of them who promote / sell products whether it be makeup, jewellery, clothes, hair products and the list goes on.

ITA. It just bothers me more when it's something you put in your body, not on. And something that has already caused health problems for many people. Andi and Kaitlyn got major flak for promoting waist trainers and it was totally deserved IMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:38 pm

This is really no different than any of the other Bach contestants that use their fanbase to promote products, many of whom push multiple items that they probably never would have used themselves if these companies didn't offer them the incentive. They all benefit financially from this and they all therefore could be accused of taking advantage of their fans.  But the responsibility lies with the fans who don't due their due diligence first and simply buy things because they are so taken with the person who is pitching it.  

Here is a difference I see with Josh though. Yes, he likely did take advantage of his fanbase when he started promoting Advocare. But it was a product line that he and his friends and family had already been using and having positive results from, not some fly by night company that approached him post show about pushing their latest watch line or facial cream.  This is the only company that Josh promotes, it is his job, and he really feels strongly about the products. Not just the products, but the clean eating, exercise and overall support of one another to become healthier people that is a big part of his progam and team. He did push it hard for a while on his SM and I can understand why some people were turned off by that. But he rarely mentions Advocare on his SM anymore. He now has a private FB group for his team where he does all that. If you just follow him on Twitter or IG you would not see much about Advocare except for a link in his Bios.  

Advocare aside, what other products have you ever seen Josh tweet about or plug on IG?  None.  He could just as easily be advertising Modify watches, Turkish coffee, or any of the other things that many bach alumni push to their fans. He doesn't. Maybe because he doesn't feel as strongly about them. I know he was often seen wearing a Modify watch that was sent to him post show, but he didn't plug it with a promo code to make extra $$$ from it.  I think he pushes Advocare for two reasons, he loves the products and it's his job.

I'm not slamming other past Bach contestants for what they promote either. I'm sure some of them actually do like and use some of the products, like Andi and Jade with their Tru Organic face mask. The point I'm trying to make is that our society is all about marketing. Whether it be reality tv stars, athletes or other celebs, they all will likely use their popularity and fan base to promote something, whether it's good or bad, for their own bank account or for charity. It's the way of the world.  I will not judge someone for promoting something they feel passionately about,  whether I believe in it or not. As a consumer, I have all the power to decide if I want to buy it, not them.

As far as Josh, or any other contestant for that matter, I agree with Mustang19.  It really does boil down to how you feel about someone. If you like them, you will find a way to rationalize good into anything they do, if you dislike them, you will find criticism in everything they do. It's all so subjective.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:43 pm

mindless wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

ITA. It just bothers me more when it's something you put in your body, not on. And something that has already caused health problems for many people. Andi and Kaitlyn got major flak for promoting waist trainers and it was totally deserved IMO.

Exactly. To me, it is different than shilling the latest purse or a pair of Uggs. They're all annoying to me, but some are just so bottom of the barrel, ie waist trainers and diet pills. JMO.

24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 20 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:50 pm

While I understand that this is all about marketing and just how things are done these days, I don't really want to see any of the junk that all of them are schilling at one time or another. That goes for those I like and those I don't. It turns me off no matter who. That being said, I don't think any less of them because it is a fact of life these days. I just ignore it. I'm not going to buy any of it and ultimately, the responsibility of what I buy...literally, stuff I buy using my hard earned money and figuratively for stuff I choose to believe when watching my guilty pleasure...is on me.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:07 pm

bleuberry wrote:
mindless wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

Exactly. To me, it is different than shilling the latest purse or a pair of Uggs. They're all annoying to me, but some are just so bottom of the barrel, ie waist trainers and diet pills. JMO.
IMHO, taking advantage of your fan base by encouraging them to buy/use products that have/can cause health issues is what disturbs some people. I don't recall this level of concern with Sean Lowe shilling Hydroxycut, even though the FDA forced the manufacturer to stop selling a version of this product because it caused liver failure and deaths. 

JMO, but perhaps Josh is simply taking advantage of his personal use of the product and the fame he achieved from the Bachelor to sell this to others as Sean did before him.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:11 pm

We've discussed Sean and Hydroxycut in his thread I think, and I probably said the same in there about it laugh out loud. Heck Catherine Lowe wasn't spared when she plugged waist trainers either, her fans responded in scores.

24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 20 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:12 pm

I've always had an issue with Sean/Cat's hydroxycut too. Their totally candid pictures in airplanes and gyms with a hydroxcut product just laying around always make me roll my eyes. I'm not saying Advocare is better or worse than hydroxcut or waist trimmers - they're all awful and make me lose respect for the person shilling them. It's just in this case, we're in Josh's thread so the focus is on Advocare. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:16 pm

Ah yes, I was about to edit my post to include Sean and his supplement shilling, but then I couldn't remember what the product was called and couldn't be bothered to check. He received plenty of criticism for that too, did he not?
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:18 pm

^Yes. And people still comment about it on his pictures. It just isn't really discussed on here anymore.

24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 20 87b72b10 24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 20 86669110 24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 20 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:48 pm

nothatgirl wrote:I've always had an issue with Sean/Cat's hydroxycut too. Their totally candid pictures in airplanes and gyms with a hydroxcut product just laying around always make me roll my eyes. I'm not saying Advocare is better or worse than hydroxcut or waist trimmers - they're all awful and make me lose respect for the person shilling them. It's just in this case, we're in Josh's thread so the focus is on Advocare. JMO.

I completely agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

+69
sosleepy
Eagle Eye
Tiggerlgh
eirekay
Joshswife