SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Page 56 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 56 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Love him or hate him, he sure does a lot of work for sick and underprivileged kids.
http://www.miraclechallenge.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1198

Back to top Go down

24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 56 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Post by stuckinsc Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Loveinterest wrote:Love him or hate him, he sure does a lot of work for sick and underprivileged kids.
http://www.miraclechallenge.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1198

I would say he is a good guy with an over expressed dumb a** gene. Happens a lot. They are mostly sweet, but sometimes do and say really stupid things, usually caused by too
Much testosterone. JMO
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:30 pm

I love that he helps out the kids it's just the other stuff he chooses to do I have an opinion about! Smiley

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 56 1f49c

24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 56 8367-910 24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 56 I_got_13 24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 56 E5kqdm15 24 - Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 56 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11976

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Linds911 wrote:I love that he helps out the kids it's just the other stuff her chooses to do I have an opinion about! Smiley

There are also thousands of other people who do a lot for kids and other charities but they are not all over sm bringing notice to themselves for doing it.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:39 pm

nannymargie wrote:
Linds911 wrote:I love that he helps out the kids it's just the other stuff her chooses to do I have an opinion about! Smiley

There are also thousands of other people who do a lot for kids and other charities but they are not all over sm bringing notice to themselves for doing it.

I don't follow Josh, but I do follow Momma Murray. I don't see why posting about helping a charity is bad. Especially something like this where maybe it inspires others to help too. At least for most things I volunteer for the more volunteers and donations the better. JMO
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AnandaMarie Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:57 pm

nannymargie wrote:

I saw a picture quote online one day and immediately thought of Josh and the charity he does. The quote was "If you want to feed the homeless, then feed the homeless. But the moment you put it on social media, you're also feeding your ego."
I just think that if you genuinely care about someone or a cause, there is no need to let the world know. The satisfaction from knowing that you did something nice for someone should be enough.
AnandaMarie
AnandaMarie

Female Posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:04 pm

AnandaMarie wrote:
nannymargie wrote:

I saw a picture quote online one day and immediately thought of Josh and the charity he does. The quote was "If you want to feed the homeless, then feed the homeless. But the moment you put it on social media, you're also feeding your ego."
I just think that if you genuinely care about someone or a cause, there is no need to let the world know. The satisfaction from knowing that you did something nice for someone should be enough.

Amen sister....

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:19 pm

^^^ I both agree and disagree with the quote.  I greatly admire and am thankful for many that put in the time, energy and effort without ever being noticed, recognized or thanked for all their work.  

But at times, the recognition and press are helpful to raise awareness and encourage others to participate.  Many in Bach nation have helped with various charities over the years and posted on various SM platforms about it asking their fan base to join in.  Even Ben wore his Hope bracelet and when people began asking about it, he, Elan and many other alumni wore them and posted on SM about how to get them, what the money went for, who would benefit, etc.  (Not trying to compare people's charity work or how they go about doing it, just simply to point out, Josh is not the only one who does this.). The publicity often times brings in more people and money that would never have been possible if not done.  And if the end result is a positive and befits helping more people, then the outcome outweighs the attention given to certain individuals involved in the process, IMO.

I think there is a way to raise awareness and invite others to participate without bringing all the attention back onto yourself.  It's a fine line, but can be done.  JMOAA.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by AnandaMarie Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:31 pm

I agree that it's a fine line but in my opinion, most of the time, Josh does bring the attention back to himself. I don't think he brought the attention back to himself with his post a few days ago because I believe he put a link in his bio for people to donate so that was nice, but the majority of the time, I think he crosses that line and enjoys the compliments he gets from people about doing charity.
But anyway, regardless of whether he does charity for the right reason or not, people benefit from it so it's one of the better things he does in life especially when compared to his trashy show.
AnandaMarie
AnandaMarie

Female Posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:^^^ I both agree and disagree with the quote.  I greatly admire and am thankful for many that put in the time, energy and effort without ever being noticed, recognized or thanked for all their work.  

But at times, the recognition and press are helpful to raise awareness and encourage others to participate.  Many in Bach nation have helped with various charities over the years and posted on various SM platforms about it asking their fan base to join in.  Even Ben wore his Hope bracelet and when people began asking about it, he, Elan and many other alumni wore them and posted on SM about how to get them, what the money went for, who would benefit, etc.  (Not trying to compare people's charity work or how they go about doing it, just simply to point out, Josh is not the only one who does this.). The publicity often times brings in more people and money that would never have been possible if not done.  And if the end result is a positive and befits helping more people, then the outcome outweighs the attention given to certain individuals involved in the process, IMO.

I think there is a way to raise awareness and invite others to participate without bringing all the attention back onto yourself.  It's a fine line, but can be done.  JMOAA.

I enjoyed your post, especially the bolded.
It reminded me of the 8 levels of charity.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgia Lindsay Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:13 am

The link Josh has posted on Twitter and his IG:

http://www.miraclechallenge.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=13321

So above link takes you to his page and you can donate money for the CMN to help kids.  Josh has over 500,000 IG followers and  185,000 Twitter follows, and has raised over $594 in donations already & it lasts for 27 days. **edited**

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : General Discussion Positive or negative opinions)

Georgia Lindsay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:24 pm

I would imagine that the charities partner with the celebs because of their large following and probably ask Josh to post. We can only speculate Josh's intentions but charity work is something he and his family did well before he was on reality TV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

+69
sosleepy
Eagle Eye
Tiggerlgh
eirekay
Joshswife