SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 83 of 84 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 83 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lily Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:19 pm

I wish they would change things a bit.. To drum up more interest, they could announce that the next bachelorette will be one of the final 2s.They could say that it's been few months since the finale and that the jilted bachelorette is ready to give love another chance.
Lily
Lily

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 83 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mindless Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:21 pm

BlackHalo wrote:JoJo saying she's moved on doesn't provide them with the drama they want at ATFR. Idk, it would be odd to announce it is JoJo at ATFR.

They don't really have to announce it there though, do they? They might as well do it once filming is underway already, since regular watchers won't even know when filming starts. If they'll announce it on Twitter of all places then they could've announced it where ever whenever. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:23 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:JoJo saying she's moved on doesn't provide them with the drama they want at ATFR. Idk, it would be odd to announce it is JoJo at ATFR.

I agree with that. But, at the end of the ATFR, the F2 could say something like "thank you for answering all my questions - the time that has passed and seeing you and the F1 on TV has really helped me get the closure I needed". Then, they could announce on GMA or DWTS or Ellen or....Fleiss's twitter. I mean, Chantal was able to confront Brad and announce she was in love and had found everything she had ever been looking for all in about 10 minutes, so I don't think it's that crazy. IMO
Sure but I also don't think this has to be the year they flip the switch and give it to the F2. I know a lot of people don't like Caila but some would like to see a lead that isn't so white-passing. Not sure when they will have this opportunity again. JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:28 pm

BlackHalo wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:

I agree with that. But, at the end of the ATFR, the F2 could say something like "thank you for answering all my questions - the time that has passed and seeing you and the F1 on TV has really helped me get the closure I needed". Then, they could announce on GMA or DWTS or Ellen or....Fleiss's twitter. I mean, Chantal was able to confront Brad and announce she was in love and had found everything she had ever been looking for all in about 10 minutes, so I don't think it's that crazy. IMO
Sure but I also don't think this has to be the year they flip the switch and give it to the F2. I know a lot of people don't like Caila but some would like to see a lead that isn't so white-passing. Not sure when they will have this opportunity again. JMO.

I agree it's probably because the network wants a lead that isn't white. If you look at ABC's lineup (Scandal, How to get away with Murder, Quantico, Fresh off the Boat, Blackish), they've obviously made diversity a priority. Fleiss and CH have always said they don't care about diversity (CH even said that in the HuffPo podcast a few weeks ago), so it must be the network, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:32 pm

metalgirl wrote:Does the Final 2 girl come out on stage at "After the Final Rose" to confront the Bachelor that sent her home?
sure does giggling
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:32 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:

I agree it's probably because the network wants a lead that isn't white. If you look at ABC's lineup (Scandal, How to get away with Murder, Quantico, Fresh off the Boat, Blackish), they've obviously made diversity a priority. Fleiss and CH have always said they don't care about diversity (CH even said that in the HuffPo podcast a few weeks ago), so it must be the network, IMO.
That's sad. Us POC do like to see ourselves represented. I hope it won't be more of the same majority cookie cutter men next season. no no

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by metalgirl Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:37 pm

Why would ABC allow anything so important about THIS show to be announced on another show?  They already have their captive audience.  Why tell them "Go watch another show at another time to find out the big details".  Makes NO sense to me.

And Mike Fleiss is saying it's going to be on Twitter?  Does he say when?  

They are not going to fundamentally change the entire show because some people don't like Caila.

Last edited by metalgirl on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
metalgirl
metalgirl

Female Posts : 988

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:38 pm

BlackHalo wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:

That's sad. Us POC do like to see ourselves represented. I hope it won't be more of the same majority cookie cutter men next season. no no

I'm already disappointed there's a Professional Sibling on this season. Way to make it so Caila isn't even the star of her own season. no no
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:38 pm

BlackHalo wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:

Yeah, Jason had said that they told him that they're basically afraid of losing "middle-america". I guess the current success of all the shows with POC have shown them that most Americans aren't so narrow-minded.

I'm a POC too and, trust me, I understand what a big step this is for us. I just don't want diversity for diversity's sake; I want the best person for the job. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:38 pm

Wow, I miss a lot. So I hear Aaron Rodgers brother is going to be on? I love A-Rod. I live in GB and my DH met him at a work function about a year ago. He was a really down-to-earth guy and my DH got to talk with him too! Hoping someday I see him in the grocery store or out and about. I saw Brett Favre out in public once, Coach McCarthy and Donald Driver. Pretty cool!
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:40 pm

metalgirl wrote:Why would ABC allow anything so important about THIS show to be announced on another show?  They already have their captive audience.  Why tell them "Go watch another show at another time to find out the big details".  Makes NO sense to me.

And Mike Fleiss is saying it's going to be on Twitter?  Does he say when?  

They are not going to fundamentally change the entire show because some people don't like Caila.

They've done it before. I know that Deanna was announced on Ellen and Brad 2.0 was announced on DWTS. Those are the only two that I'm aware of, but in the olden days, when they didn't have live ATFRs and recycled leads, I'm sure that the "new" Bachelors were announced elsewhere. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by missnana Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:21 am

they could get anybody for the gig and they can make a great season out of it. They don't really care much for who the fans want the most. The lead doesn't really matter much. it's more the drama and the edit that goes with it. I would like Jojo to be the bachelorette because she seems more interesting but i am pretty sure Caila is going to get the gig instead.
missnana
missnana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 83 of 84 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
teamjanner
johannax
dedré
limoncello
Miyala