SELECT CONTENT

Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion Empty Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:46 am

Brill wrote:Unfortunately this is about a reality show. I saw the ending of this last night and it was season three. It is called, "Are You The One?" Please move this to where it should go.

It was interesting and apparently there is going to be a season 4 that was announced on November 11th. It is on MTV. I believe the concept is about 10 guys and 10 gals. From what I could tell it seems a little like Love In The Wild.

Here is the link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You_the_One%3F

This one:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2511264/are-you-the-one-update-breakups/

Season 4 to be shown next fall from what I can gather from this link.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/124065-when-will-are-you-the-one-return-for-season-4-theres-enough-time-to-join-if

I'm confused about the Truth Booth. How does it work, and how is it decided whether they are a perfect match or not?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion Empty Re: Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Litta123 Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:52 pm

I watched season 2 of this show, so last fall. Fair warning, it's more Kaitlyn-esk than LITW, imo. Lots of 20 somethings drinking and going off to the boom-boom room (use your imagination). There is some pairing up to do competitions...so that's where I can see the LITW comparison.

This is what I recall...the producers have "experts" match up the 10 girls and 10 guys before filming begins. Whatever tools (heh) are used, on paper, these pairs are a "perfect match." Then the previously "unsuccessful in love" group is dropped off at a mansion in the Carribean (?) somewhere. Through their interactions, they need to discover who is their perfect match. Placing in competitions allows for extra individual time together and fun adventures.

During this time, the people left at the mansion vote for which couple they want to test in the truth booth to see if indeed they are matched correctly. The truth booth simply reveals yes or no if the couple chosen is the perfect match predetermined before filming.

The game basically is like the game Mastermind. The lights at the end ceremony of each show reveals how many correct matches have been made. The players need to determine by process of elimination each week which couples are matched correctly. If by the end of filming the group has found all 10 perfect matches, they win a million dollars to be divided 20 ways. Sometimes a person's "perfect match" is actually someone that they can't stand. This show is a little like a trainwreck that you can't turn away from. Embarassed

Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion Empty Re: Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by umngirl Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:30 pm

This show has basically become the new feeder system for The Challenge on MTV. I think more people go on for that than anything else at this point.

Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion 87b72b10 Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion 86669110 Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:38 pm

Thanks Litta for the clarification. I see them refer to "their winnings" although not all 10 were correctly chosen as matches. So how did they win $$?

umngirl, never heard of that one. You're making me go google it. laugh out loud

Sometimes watching train wrecks are more entertaining than watching a scripted mess IMO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:47 pm

I'm sorry... I watched 10 minutes of the first episode of the first season and I can't... just can't...

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:48 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Thanks Litta for the clarification. I see them refer to "their winnings" although not all 10 were correctly chosen as matches. So how did they win $$?

umngirl, never heard of that one. You're making me go google it. laugh out loud

Sometimes watching train wrecks are more entertaining than watching a scripted mess IMO.

I didn't watch this season, but here's my interpretation of the article. To win the $, the group must figure out all 10 perfect matches. However, in the course of the group living together, people will frequently pair off, hoping that they found their perfect matches. A connection is made and feelings develop between two people even if they aren't technically each others' perfect match. Thus people can walk out of this show as a couple if they choose, whether or not the show considers them the perfect match. This dynamic contributes to a lot of tension at times -- sometimes jealousy, sometimes frustration as those who connect don't take looking for their perfect match seriously -- so their behavior puts the $ in jeopardy.

My guesses is that ultimately all 10 perfect matches were figured out by the group. Thus they won the million dollars. However, from skimming the article, the only couples that actually came out of the show were couples that connected on their own during filming. In other words, they didn't want to date their perfect matches, but made a connection with someone else's perfect match and chose to pursue it outside the show. Thus the article refers to some of the couples as finding their non-perfect match. It doesn't mean they didn't figure out their perfect match...just that they chose not to date them. Make sense? I can see how the article seems to contradict itself. Clearly it was written without considering that a reader might be unfamiliar with the show...imo.

Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:54 pm

My 21 y\o daughter is addicted to the show. I lasted about 10 mins trying to watch it with her. But she somehow got her boyfriend hooked on the show giggling giggling

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Litta you are probably right in your assessment. I only saw the very last episode of season 3 and then the last hour at that. I saw that they have them compete in the one video that I posted and thought because they are in Hawaii and appeared to be competing as couples I thought it might be like LITW. I guess I assumed wrong.

Still hoping I guess that someone brings back a show that I LOVED like LITW!!! Thanks for the input. I will watch it once it starts next time and see if I can handle it. If it is anything like how Kaitlyn acted then I guess I won't be interested in it after all. no no

Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Yeah, it really was pretty bad when I (binge) watched season 2, but I got sucked into trying to figure out the matches. I used to play Mastermind a lot when that game came out...and the mathematician in me wanted to solve the puzzle. Throw in the trainwreck element and boom, I kept clicking the next episode.

That said, you'll notice that I didn't bother with season 3. It's like Kaitlyn's season on steroids. I guess I should say imo. Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion 2498057887 👅

Brill, no worries...and I loved LITW. I would be so happy if they brought that back. Btw, Sam and Mike should be having their baby soon. Several weeks ago, she posted that she was starting her 3rd trimester.

Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:40 pm

I watch a whole season of it on youtube it is addicting, trying to figure out who will be paired with whom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Are You The One? - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

5 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum