SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Neil and Samantha - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Neil and Samantha - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: MAFS - Neil and Samantha - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:57 pm

Mr&MrsSmith wrote:Hi all! I caught some of the last episode, which lead me to google, which lead to this article:

http://starcasm.net/archives/338816

It's nice to see this forum get a little credit and a link! And shame on me for not checking here first for the best scoop.

Thank you Emily at starcasm.net! yes Much appreciated!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Neil and Samantha - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: MAFS - Neil and Samantha - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by crazychicken Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:13 pm

A poster on another forum caught that Sam & Neil were married 3 weeks after the other 2 couples. Sam tweeted that they got married June 28th. I can not find the original tweet as Sam is twitter crazy (seriously over 5k of tweets in 6 weeks) and I can not be bothered trawling through them all but the timeline does fit. Sam celebrated her birthday during week 3 of the experiment and according to her own twitter that was July 18th.

MAFS - Neil and Samantha - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 7 Sam_bi10

There is also articles posted in the local paper about the filming that occurred for the show on July 1st and then a follow up about Sam's dentist visit on July 4th.

http://viconsortium.com/featured/married-at-first-sight-cast-on-st-croix-for-one-week/

http://viconsortium.com/entertainment/married-at-first-sight-cast-spotted-at-mermaid-beach/

I wonder if there was a couple that pulled out at the last minute as all the media says the marriages occurred June 5th, 6th & 7th. Next weeks preview shows Tres & Vanessa and David & Ashley celebrating Fourth of July I wonder if they just skip over Neil & Sam

It could also explain why they moved in week 3 of the experiment, the show probably rented the house for the 6 week period starting on June 5th not expecting a couple to only be half way through the experiment.

crazychicken

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:34 pm

That's pretty interesting, crazychicken! They must've been some last minute replacement couple. Don't they notify the participants who are chosen around 3 weeks before their wedding? So if one couple pulled out right before the wedding or at the wedding, then it makes sense that these two were married instead 3 weeks later.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:15 pm

Crazychicken, I was puzzled by Neil and Sam watching what seemed to be 4th of July fireworks when, if the main show timeline held true, the honeymoons were over. Neil wears a "stars and stripes" cap (and maybe the same pattern for his shirt) in a shot with N&S in the foreground and fireworks in the background. At the time, I thought "well, resorts can do fireworks when they want". But if they were late in the timeline... well, there we are. But! It's hard to imagine a couple couldn't get to the starting gate and be replaced by a stand-by couple without someone saying something in SM? I dunno...

About the house... maybe the comments about the house not working, the headboard almost falling on Sam, etc. were bogus acting to cover up why Neil winds up in Sam's town house with her roomie. Or maybe the house simply didn't work for them. Or maybe the commute was just nuts. Unless S&N want to tell us, it's anyone's guess. OTOH, Neil sharing a small townhouse with Sam and her roomie was absurd from the beginning.

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Location : The marshals at Witness Relocation said leave this blank ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by hoosiergiraffe Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:34 pm

The later wedding is very interesting. I thought those seemed like July 4th fireworks they were watching right before the "near crash" on the honeymoon.

Sam has said repeatedly that they only lived apart for two days. Yet, on the show they met with both Dr. C and Rabbi Greg at her townhouse. This seems like further proof that they were trying to catch them up with the other couples. The experts were likely in town filming talking heads, the other couples Decision Days, etc. For all we know they met with all 4 experts in close succession just at two different houses. That might be the reason there doesn't seem to be a ton of growth between the two over 4 episodes. It could have been all over a week or so in real time.

This also proves the experts filmed the first two episodes (matchmaking special and whatever they called the next one when they talk about the couples) after everyone is already married and maybe even after Decision Day(s).

It's interesting that the couple that was "off schedule" are the only (most likely) ones that stay married.

My unpopular opinion is that Sam and Neil are my favorite couple to ever be on the show. Somehow they seem more real to me than most that have been on. Maybe it is just that they appeal to my quirky side. I can't wait to see how they grow together.
hoosiergiraffe
hoosiergiraffe

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:38 pm

Timeline of the replacement couple also sheds light on paying a second failed couple (David and Ashley) to keep filming a sham (in the sense it was doomed). Same time period as the implosions and leaks about season two.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by desilucy2 Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:04 am

Maybe this is the reason they are not given their wedding album (by Epstein) with the date like the other two couples.  I wanted to see their album. I'm not sure they were a "replacement couple" so to speak...maybe something with the venue fell through for the day they were supposed to get married...because Neil and Sam got married at a different place than the other two couples...or another theory is that presumably Sam wanted to get married at that house/mansion and maybe it was booked for the weekend they wanted it, and had to wait two weeks.  Food for thought.

desilucy2

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:25 am

I don't know if they would postpone filming just because of a wedding venue, but I just remembered that Sam said her grandmother died during the casting process. She was still alive when Sam applied because she'd encouraged her or something. I can see them postponing the wedding for that reason. Who wants to get married to a stranger like a day after a loved one's funeral?

Though that still doesn't explain why some sites claim the weddings happened on three consecutive days.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:47 am

Mindless, I think you're close to right regarding the delay after Sam's grandmother died. It explains why Sam was very specific about wanting to wear, at the wedding, something of her grandmother's. It seemed an odd choice at the time, but not so now. In general, the least complicated explanation of events has a better chance of being right. (at the risk of being pedantic, I suggest googling "Occam's razor" for more on that idea)

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazychicken Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:02 pm

In one of the earlier episodes (wedding I think) Sam mentioned that her grandmother died before Sam was matched, I do not know the timing I suspect that it was close to the time that Sam was matched, so a few weeks before the wedding.

crazychicken

Back to top Go down

Post by desilucy2 Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:45 am

Sam Role
@Sam_MAFS

From Sam's twitter:

I f'ing love this man!!! @Neil_MAFS @FYI #MAFS

desilucy2

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:54 pm

desilucy2 wrote:Sam Role
@Sam_MAFS

From Sam's twitter:

I f'ing love this man!!! @Neil_MAFS @FYI #MAFS

Is there something missing after "@Sam_MAFS"? No biggie - just asking.

- - -

Sam is, if nothing else, not subtle about emotions, is she? Hugesmile

SomeGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Neil and Samantha - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+42
Ariela
Whistler
kimberlyg
umngirl
latergator