SELECT CONTENT

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by instinct Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:49 am

Ok even though I posted the link I only now just saw the second one (C's meltdown) after these posts made me realize  I was missing something. stupid My take is that Sean was focusing on his principles for not doing "anything" for money when C just wanted to hear that he had no interest in sex with another woman under any circumstances.  If this really was a half hour conversation then I see how she could have built up a nice head of steam.  Also, hard for Sean to think it wasn't a serious convo if it went on that long.

Sean seems to robotically say whatever he thinks he's supposed to say without much meaning behind it, which is why he repeats the same behaviors over and over.  That, plus I truly don't think he's very smart.  He'd make a perfect politician :gotcha:
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:38 am

I was under the impression that Sean was being filled in on the convo after it took place, not that he was there during it. Not sure though. I can see why Sean was a little wtf about it as it barely makes sense to me laugh out loud.

You'd think after all the TV he's done that he'd know that taking off your mic doesn't mean you're in the clear.

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 26 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:09 pm

The fact that on nearly every episode Sean and Cat are needing to take off their mic's speaks volumes.  Pun intended.no no

I hope that they both learned something from this experience and exacted change in their relationship.  With a baby on the way they need to learn to communicate without angry shouting and name calling.

For someone who isn't interested in money......Sean seems very interested in money.  Hello MBC. Suspect
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Scooby Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Sean wants to "work for it" (money)??? Really, is that what all these tv shows are, work? Lordy, he is out of touch.

Scooby

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:18 pm

instinct wrote:*snip*

Sean seems to robotically say whatever he thinks he's supposed to say without much meaning behind it, which is why he repeats the same behaviors over and over.  That, plus I truly don't think he's very smart.  He'd make a perfect politician :gotcha:

Indeed he would. Not much brains or skills, but ego for days!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:22 pm

I've been pretty hard on Sean, but...honestly, I kind of get where he's coming from. Catherine picks a fight for every little thing (even when they both agree on something!) and pretends to be so oversensitive and frail and always in need of rescuing from Sean. I think it was Ink and his wife who said two weeks ago that it's all an act and I'm starting to see that. I can see how that victim-mentality would be exhausting to deal with on a daily basis. Definitely doesn't excuse the profanity and name-calling, but it helps me understand why Sean's go-to move is to just walk away most of the time. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:23 pm

There are some real issues in this relationship, and each stint on a reality show for money makes them bigger IMO. Their whole relationship structure is a mess. Sean feels like he has to be the leader, but he lacks the qualities of a natural leader. He isn't charming enough and lacks respect for Catherine. Also he doesn't respect himself enough to 'lead' the marriage well, partly because his way of providing for them is by going through different seedy and shady reality shows (in HIS opinion). He also IMO lacks respect for other people who don't share his views. 

Catherine is really insecure, and needs help for that separately. IMO she'd be more open to get real help, and admit to their and her own faults, but IMO is held back by Sean.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:17 pm

Well he does have some standards, y'all. He couldn't, 'in good conscience', recommend that his fans watch MBC. The same conscience that allowed him to sign on the dotted line. How convenient.  Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 26 1f61c

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 26 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:53 pm

nothatgirl wrote:I've been pretty hard on Sean, but...honestly, I kind of get where he's coming from. Catherine picks a fight for every little thing (even when they both agree on something!) and pretends to be so oversensitive and frail and always in need of rescuing from Sean. I think it was Ink and his wife who said two weeks ago that it's all an act and I'm starting to see that. I can see how that victim-mentality would be exhausting to deal with on a daily basis. Definitely doesn't excuse the profanity and name-calling, but it helps me understand why Sean's go-to move is to just walk away most of the time. JMO.

IA.. she's exhausting. He didn't even see that fight coming.

I think that she wanted him to say that he would never have sex for money and instead he said he doesn't need a billion dollars and doesn't want anyone to hand him money and then he did mention the no sex part. It was pretty dang close, he almost got it right, but it wasn't exactly and perfectly what she wanted. She mumbled, "how is that the first thing you say?", so no sex for money had to be first, because why? That would be defending her honor? Rolling Eyes  So many messed up notions. Then in the room, she was saying that she told Benzino and Ink that her husband would not do anything for money, which is pretty much exactly what he said, was it not?  :crazed  He's walking on eggshells.

If this sort of thing is happening on a regular basis, it's just enabling her for him to engage in it. They need to figure out what's really going on with her instead. jmo.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:24 pm

instinct wrote:Ok even though I posted the link I only now just saw the second one (C's meltdown) after these posts made me realize  I was missing something. stupid My take is that Sean was focusing on his principles for not doing "anything" for money when C just wanted to hear that he had no interest in sex with another woman under any circumstances.  If this really was a half hour conversation then I see how she could have built up a nice head of steam.  Also, hard for Sean to think it wasn't a serious convo if it went on that long.

Oops... I think you said it better, Sean was defending his principles, so bigger picture for him personally, which implies he wouldn't have sex with another woman for money, but Catherine wanted him to focus on the part that applied to her. Still seems like Cat was splitting hairs to me. He was trying to make a broader point imo.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:44 am

It'll be interesting to see more of the convo and aftermath.  I think Sean is knee jerk defensive about anything to do with money, which may have triggered him.  The man needs to find a job.  They're not going to be able to live on the sales of Cat's $8 greeting cards.  And if my husband and I spent 24 hours a day together we'd be fighting about nothing also :pullouthair:

But the sad thing is that they seem to make progress then always repeat the same behaviors the following day.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:59 am

I was thinking the same thing. They need jobs and hobbies of their own. I find it weird when any couple boasts about doing everything together, as if it's a sign of their unwavering love and dedication. I love my husband but, yeah, no thanks. Get your own life. giggling

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Marriage Boot Camp - Season 4 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+35
vivi2
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
whit90
jlccaz