SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mexicocity - Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 76 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by bleuberry Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:20 pm

Perhaps she's more desperate to extend her 15 mins because she has nothing really going for herself outside of it. It's more understandable to me why someone like Becca would go back, vs someone with a legit career outside of the franchise. I don't think it makes it better though or excuses her a little. I refuse to pat her on the back for having nothing else to do with her life laugh out loud. And I don't mean education/degree - just something.

Last edited by bleuberry on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

mexicocity - Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 76 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

mexicocity - Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 76 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:21 pm

I don't see Becca left with "nothing" if fame disappears. Becca has the same job she has had for years and one which allows her flexibility - something which is a valuable commodity, imo, and which is worth more than slaving away at a job/career that one has to do in order to pay off student loans.

Imo, having a degree doesn't mean someone is left with something more than someone who doesn't have one - unless that is debt. Nor does having a degree mean that a person who has one is fulfilled or living a fulfilled life either. I see many post-undergrads who get into the workforce with their Bachelors and are dissatisfied and unfulfilled and not exactly earning a high wage. So far none of the remaining F5 have Masters/PhDs/MDs/JDs, etc, so to me, they're not that much different than Becca.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:25 pm

She can absolutely do what she wants, mindless, but going on tv and being active on SM leaves you open to criticism. She made that choice the 2nd time knowing this.

I'm sorry but you can't say that it's a small minority who doesn't like Becca and the majority do as if it's a fact, AAL. Imo, just a small minority of viewers follow it on SM and/or MBs. A lot of times comments are made by the same group of people so may overstate what they're saying, good or bad.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15335

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:25 pm

I don't know...a college degree vs. a high school education? I think that's pretty different. I had friends who graduated from CSOM at BC, like Caila, and they are making six figures. Are most high school grads doing that?

I'm also pretty sure that Becca left her chiropractor's assistant job to move to LA.

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:29 pm

F3 ladies all have college degrees and actual careers. Becca has a high school diploma and a part time job in a chiropractor's office. 

One is not like the others.... duh

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Slaving at a job to pay student loans is a way of life. At least having a degree allots more opportunities. Not trying to diss Becca for not having one but I just can't see how bachelors degree and hs diploma are on the same level.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:40 pm

nothatgirl wrote:I don't know...a college degree vs. a high school education? I think that's pretty different. I had friends who graduated from CSOM at BC, like Caila, and they are making six figures. Are most high school grads doing that?  
Considering debt/loan-income ratio as well as cost of living (Boston isn't cheap, I know that from living there), etc, that income doesn't necessarily mean all 24 year olds are taking home that amount and even if so, it doesn't make them better than someone who isn't, imo. Regarding Becca, I don't think for her, specifically, that having a degree will make her more fulfilled or better than someone who does. At the end of the day, everyone chooses how they want to live their lives. I invested decades in my education and career so I understand the hard work it takes but at the same time I personally (speaking for myself) don't discredit or look down at those who choose not to embark on that path. Some of the nicest people I know don't have higher education and some of the worst people I know do. Becca isn't harming anyone in the way she is living her life. Again, just for me personally, even though they aren't the same things, I don't see a high school graduate as less than than someone with a undergrad degree or an MD. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:40 pm

IMO, Becca wants a career in the spotlight and will be vying for the next Bette position.  Regardless of the level of her education, this appears to be her main desire as she continues to take advantage of those opportunities.  She is more like Andi in that regard who gave up her attorney job with advance degrees to live her life in the media spotlight.  She doesn't appear to have any interest in higher education or pursuing a life in private at this point in her life otherwise she would be making it happen.  She does like the attention so much so, she wanted people to believe she was CS's F1 which even some of her friends have admitted, IIRC.  JMO.  Hugesmile
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:42 pm

FLChica wrote:F3 ladies all have college degrees and actual careers. Becca has a high school diploma and a part time job in a chiropractor's office. 

One is not like the others.... duh
I don't think a Bachelor's degree is the same as a HS degree. I just don't think it makes a person who has one better than one who doesn't. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Gee .. I know quite a few college grads who are real failures .. And high school grads who are quite successful .. Not every one has the same opportunities and/or the same wants .. A college degree is not the end all....

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:44 pm

Jeepers wrote:Gee .. I know quite a few college grads who are real failures .. And high school grads who are quite successful .. Not every one has the same opportunities and/or the same wants .. A college degree is not the end all....
I agree Good Post
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:51 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:I don't know...a college degree vs. a high school education? I think that's pretty different. I had friends who graduated from CSOM at BC, like Caila, and they are making six figures. Are most high school grads doing that?  
Considering debt/loan-income ratio as well as cost of living (Boston isn't cheap, I know that from living there), etc, that income doesn't necessarily mean all 24 year olds are taking home that amount and even if so, it doesn't make them better than someone who isn't, imo. Regarding Becca, I don't think for her, specifically, that having a degree will make her more fulfilled or better than someone who does. At the end of the day, everyone chooses how they want to live their lives. I invested decades in my education and career so I understand the hard work it takes but at the same time I personally (speaking for myself) don't discredit or look down at those who choose not to embark on that path.  Some of the nicest people I know don't have higher education and some of the worst people I know do. Becca isn't harming anyone in the way she is living her life. Again, just for me personally, even though they aren't the same things, I don't see a high school graduate as less than than someone with a undergrad degree or an MD.  jmo

LA isn't cheap either. And, girls like Caila and Jojo are probably not in any student debt, judging from their families.

I even said in my initial post that I don't think that academics are for everyone. People find fulfillment and happiness in other paths. I just think you need to aim for something in life, other than fame and attention. That's different for a lot of people - for Jillian, it was interior design; for Kaitlyn, it was dance; for others, it's volunteer work or service to your Church or opening a business or learning a trade or travel or something. My father only graduated from HS and was the hardest working person I knew, so I definitely do not look down at people who are less educated that I am. I do look down at people like Becca, who are aiming for nothing in life other than getting validation from strangers. Again, JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+53
MonicaJM2001
mizzoufan
grace8136
Cocoasneeze
emilymelfan