SELECT CONTENT

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 1 of 80 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 Empty Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:15 pm

Thread 1 here

Continue here.

Sprite wrote:
mindless wrote:She's gorgeous, but I found her surprisingly boring last night. Beats annoying though, so thank heavens for that, but she was totally overshadowed by Ice Cube and Kevin Hart. I know it would be hard to not be, but Kaitlyn didn't let Jimmy Kimmel overshadow her, there was a lot of banter going on between them. Caila was just there looking pretty. She's clearly a smart girl, but the downside is that it makes her self- and image-conscious in front of the camera. Ben is too though, but I'd rather have someone more relaxed as a lead. JoJo's voice still annoys me, but I feel like she's much more comfortable being herself. As long as she's not tacky like Kaitlyn, I think she'd make a better lead than Caila. JMO.

I think the difference here was that there were two extra people on the date vs. just one. I found that Kevin and Ice were talking over each other a lot and weren't letting either Caila or Ben get in there too much. Jimmy is a talk show host and he knows that he needs to stop and let his guest talk. These two just seemed to be competing for air time...Kevin more so than Ice Cube. I much preferred when Caila and Ben were alone.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by theKeptGrits Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:42 pm

I'm keeping away from spoilers for this season. But I DID want to weigh in somewhere that having Kevin and Ice Cube along on the date was distracting. Their promo time for their movie should have been shorter to allow the couple more time to themselves.
I think Caila handled it well and with excellent manners. Ben came off as a little star struck, but also as a gentleman.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:03 pm

I agree with mindless. She didn't really have that strong personality that I expected. Kaitlyn was able to have banter with Amy Schumer and JK, but Caila seemed almost shy around them. Even with Ben, she seemed a bit guarded and shy. Not the way I really expected her to act around him, considering she kind of dumped her ex for him!

I do think the next lead will probably be Jojo, since she just seems to have the spunky brunette thing going that TPTB love so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by LaurenHiggins Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:30 pm

I felt as if there were some awkward silences between Caila and Ben on their one on one. They could barely think of anything to say! This was surprising to me, because Caila seems so outgoing in her ITM's. The whole "unlovable" conversation she had with Ben seemed so rehearsed and well thought out on her part. They definitely don't have a natural, flowing, conversation/chemistry.
LaurenHiggins
LaurenHiggins

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:38 pm

IMO she acted fine with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube. They were there to promote their movie and barely even spoke to her from what we saw. Now had she tried to outshine them she'd be deemed "annoying". Not really sure little miss Caila can win in this scenario.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:39 pm

BlackHalo wrote:IMO she acted fine with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube. They were there to promote their movie and barely even spoke to her from what we saw. Now had she tried to outshine them she'd be deemed "annoying". Not really sure little miss Caila can win in this scenario.
Pretty much.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:54 pm

LaurenHiggins wrote:I felt as if there were some awkward silences between Caila and Ben on their one on one. They could barely think of anything to say! This was surprising to me, because Caila seems so outgoing in her ITM's. The whole "unlovable" conversation she had with Ben seemed so rehearsed and well thought out on her part. They definitely don't have a natural, flowing, conversation/chemistry.

I kept thinking job interview..... "And now do you have any questions for us?" except Ben didn't ask her that. laugh out loud I did think either rehearsed, nerves, age or a combination as the cause.

In that scene I caught an overdub in one of Ben's ITMs. He said, "blah blah blah...she speaks about true feelings blah blah blah...Caila seems like someone who can just be like a really good wife and a really good friend. There's no doubt that everything today helped form our relationship."

So now the question is why the overdub at all? And the only reasons I can think of is either next B'ette set-up or they felt it necessary to foreshadow her going far at this point. It definitely wasn't for lack of sound-bites because he said enough in that ITM that they were able to split it up throughout the evening portion of their date. And I have to believe his overdubbed words were about someone else otherwise why leave her name out of the overdub in the first place? Now I'll be checking throughout the season (if I remember) to see if they'll leave these words in his original ITM about whoever he was talking about or omit them completely because of using them in this scene. :detective This is what I like best about watching this show and seeing real love stories develop is a huge bonus! Hugesmile
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:36 pm

Just because Caila got the comedian date, it doesn't mean she's like Kaitlyn. I thought she did very well in that situation. I'm fairly outgoing but not sure that I'd have been contributing too much either other than laughing a lot.

I thought their alone time was sweet. I wouldn't put her as high with Ben as Jojo, Olivia, or Lauren B but he seemed to really like her.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by hdman Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:43 pm

How far does she get?

hdman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:44 pm

F3

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:26 pm

I thought Caiia was wonderful and exuded a graciousness on her date with Ben.  She was full of fun and laughter during the Ice Cube and Kevin part of the date  She and Ben appeared to have mutually engaging conversation over dinner.  I thought she was very sweet in her reaction to what was a clearly emotional moment for Ben listening to his favorite song being sung by his favorite singer in a private concert dance floor moment.  

Combine Caila's personality attributes with her brains, beauty, manners, appreciation, ability to speak clearly and her knockout smile and I believe she will be the next Ette.     JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:25 pm

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 Vraxg5ij2fby9wae16xibtoqbnnbnaooxvsc3o6hhmnvzanowf7mgitr15b2d2ow
http://mic.com/articles/132414/the-bachelor-episode-2-recap-lb-rejects-rose-and-lace-gets-weird-again#.i9YHwIvxK
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 80 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+74
agentcurls
Lily
Maggenzm
dyra
Idlemess