SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by grace8136 Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:05 am

veg_out wrote:Interesting theory, Lucas.

On the Afterbuzz show, Brooks articulated a thought that I've had for a few weeks about another possible reason that Becs goes home before HTDs. Brooks commented in the last episode that he noticed a very close relationship with JoJo, remarking on their pairing up on both group dates. Though he only intimated that it could explain her earlier-than-expected departure (an idea with which Nick clearly didn't agree), it was obvious that this observation clarified for Brooks that question mark.

I align with Brooks in wondering if Becca dialed it back on her own as well as the producers making a decision. If JoJo suggested that she was really into Ben, or if Becca just started to read the landscape after this week's group date, Becca may have also contributed to her own demise.

I'm going to have to go back and watch that. I thought Brooks was suggesting that Becca and JoJo had a thing for each other. giggling I love Brooks on Afterbuzz, but thought that comment was off base and that's why Nick wasn't agreeing. Your version makes way more sense. laugh out loud

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mindless Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:18 am

Lucas15 wrote: *snip*

That Becca may be someone who would dial herself back doesn't make her a bad person in any way - in fact IMO it makes her a very caring personality and a good friend to have. But it does make her not a really good fit for this show and it's warped formula.

I'm not sure if this applies to this season, I personally think Becca really wanted Ben, but it definitely played a part last season. She was very close to Whitney who was head over heels for Chris and I think she always had it in the back of her mind that if she makes any false promises, even unintentionally, then she could be robbing both Chris and Whitney of a lifetime of happiness. That's why she refused to encourage Chris in any way during that final late, not because she wasn't feeling anything. I really admired her for that. JMO.

Regarding the Brooks convo, if I recall correctly he was actually talking about changing his mind about JoJo being the F1 because of her close friendship with Becca. Though perhaps he talked about how far Becca gets as well.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:32 am

How did Becca afford to go to the Superbowl?! I'm assuming someone gave her tickets, maybe the friend she was with. Because I live in the SF area, tickets were at least $3k per ticket.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:33 am

MiniDiva wrote:^^ Didn't a poster here (who knows Becca) allude to Becca being very upset that Ben let her go?  Or would that have been part of the screen test too?  giggling

Her being upset when let go might have been part of the screen test or it may have been she was ticked off she wasn't in that F3 spot as promised? I'm just speculating, but Becca herself tweeted out a sarcastic tweet when she was let go, real time, about what being famous is like paraphrasing while she sat in the back of a van. Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 2498057887

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:40 am

IMO, just based on what I've seen, Becca was never into Chris, but she WAS into Ben. I think Ben liked her too, no where close to his feelings for Lauren or JoJo in the long run, but I do see more with Becca and Ben than I do with Caila and certainly Amanda. I think she was definitely in his original top 3 or 4, thus the hometown date promise to family, etc, etc. As they approached that point in filming, it's my guess that TPTB did not see her as a future lead, and it was also clear to Ben she was not the F1. So TPTB pulled some strings, she got bumped to F5 pre-hometowns in favor of Caila and Amanda, two legitimate contenders for the Bachelorette to make the F4 instead. I think Caila is their front runner, and Amanda is a backup choice, just in case. Ben has enough chemistry with all the F5 to fake it, regardless.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:55 am

mindless wrote:

That Becca may be someone who would dial herself back doesn't make her a bad person in any way - in fact IMO it makes her a very caring personality and a good friend to have. But it does make her not a really good fit for this show and it's warped formula.

I'm not sure if this applies to this season, I personally think Becca really wanted Ben, but it definitely played a part last season. She was very close to Whitney who was head over heels for Chris and I think she always had it in the back of her mind that if she makes any false promises, even unintentionally, then she could be robbing both Chris and Whitney of a lifetime of happiness. That's why she refused to encourage Chris in any way during that final late, not because she wasn't feeling anything. I really admired her for that. JMO.

Regarding the Brooks convo, if I recall correctly he was actually talking about changing his mind about JoJo being the F1 because of her close friendship with Becca. Though perhaps he talked about how far Becca gets as well.

Why would a close friendship with Becca make Brooks change his mind about JoJo as F1?

IA on your observations about Becca and Whitney. I love that she stood her ground there too. I also think she genuinely wanted Ben. In many ways, he does seem like the type of guy that would be right for her.

Last edited by grace8136 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:56 am

I definitely don't see Ben have chemistry with Becca like he did with the f3 and I don't understand how it would be any different if this was her first time on the show. I'm not sure she'd have even made it as far as she did if she wasn't a returnee but we'll never know. As far as why she left earlier than thought, I can agree with her possibly being a producer pick but they saw that she wasn't going to cut it as a potential lead so kept Amanda or Caila instead. Caila's the best option they have, imo, and can't see them wanting her to go f5 in any case.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15257

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:33 am

grace8136 wrote:
mindless wrote:

Why would a close friendship with Becca make Brooks change his mind about JoJo as F1?

IA on your observations about Becca and Whitney. I love that she stood her ground there too. I also think she genuinely wanted Ben. In many ways, he does seem like the type of guy that would be right for her.

I think his point was that Jojo was more focused on her friendship with Becca than her relationship with Ben. Like, how the cooking and shopping part, she wasn't really trying to get Ben's attention but just enjoying her time with Becca. Both Cathy and Nick thought he was being ridiculous and reading way too much into that...and I agree. Lauren has a similar relationship with Amanda and it didn't hurt her at all.

I honestly think she wanted Ben because he was her dream guy on paper. But, IRL, I never got the smitten vibe from her at all. When she was saying things like "I care so much more this time", I didn't really believe it. I'm sure she still wanted to win because of her fantasy of a bachelor romance, but I haven't seen a person who is truly falling in love at all. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:55 am

veg_out wrote:Interesting theory, Lucas.

On the Afterbuzz show, Brooks articulated a thought that I've had for a few weeks about another possible reason that Becs goes home before HTDs. Brooks commented in the last episode that he noticed a very close relationship with JoJo, remarking on their pairing up on both group dates. Though he only intimated that it could explain her earlier-than-expected departure (an idea with which Nick clearly didn't agree), it was obvious that this observation clarified for Brooks that question mark.

I align with Brooks in wondering if Becca dialed it back on her own as well as the producers making a decision. If JoJo suggested that she was really into Ben, or if Becca just started to read the landscape after this week's group date, Becca may have also contributed to her own demise.

Frankly I doubt it that Becca dialled it down all by herself because she saw the connection between other women. Didn't we have information that she was more than a little ticked that she was eliminated? Wasn't there a somewhat bitter tweet/Instagram/whatever just after she was sent home? I suspect she was auditioning and thought she had it in the bag and then...surprise! How she reacts at the elimination will tell me a lot. I expect a lot of crying in the limo...just in case...but, I hope we get a full face shot the moment she is let go because that will be the true reaction to the blindside.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:46 am

Ben doesn't look very pained here:

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 ?format=750w
http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/bachelor20/
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:24 am

I just see Ben as a better actor than last season...after all, he is getting paid this go around.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:27 am

He doesn't look that into it to me.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+88
umngirl
blueblues
elena.shayk
StacyNor
Crazylady29