SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 7 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 3 of 53 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kimmel - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 7 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 7 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:13 pm

I like Becca and all, but she had a guy who was everything she described in The farmer Chris but she didnt want him! Kimmel - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 7 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 3806527698

Back to top Go down

Kimmel - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 7 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 7 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by julychild Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Yeah, the preview does make it look as if she knew she wasn't one of the "frontrunners" I guess she was asking to be let go before a rose ceremony, or something.

"Blindside" is the key word of this season!

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Maybe that's why Ben decided to send her home. He obviously knew she wasn't the one and she pretty much asked him to send her home if he's not feeling it. I'm sure she'll be upset though, since there's still that glimmer of hope, even if she did see the writing on the wall.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:55 pm

I just can't wait to see Lauren's date with him after what happened last week and see how she and him rebound from that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:58 pm

nothatgirl wrote:It's weird to me that she's saying "don't blindside me", when she's also pretty much saying "I don't feel like there's anything that distinguishes our relationship from the others and I'm scared because I'm not hearing the words back". It seemed to me that she already knew she was a MOT girl. It's definitely foreshadowing a dramatic exit though. JMO.

When you're totally blind to the handwriting on the wall then every side is a blindside I guess ...

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:26 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:It's weird to me that she's saying "don't blindside me", when she's also pretty much saying "I don't feel like there's anything that distinguishes our relationship from the others and I'm scared because I'm not hearing the words back". It seemed to me that she already knew she was a MOT girl. It's definitely foreshadowing a dramatic exit though. JMO.

When you're totally blind to the handwriting on the wall then every side is a blindside I guess ...

In that moment, Ben meant what he said. He would never blindside Jojo. He didn't know what lay around the corner and the reminder, never say never. Interesting how it would be Jojo to utter those words and Jojo to experience it. That Murphy's Law is quite uncanny sometimes even if it's manufactured.

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:04 pm

I see your point. That scene also felt cobbled together. Becca is rather self-aware in that exchange, articulating her feelings and stating her needs, "I deserve better than that." There must be a break between that and then the "blindside" comment during which Ben affirms her. If he assuages her fears, then I understand her asking him not to blindside her.

From a literary standpoint, Becca, who is JoJo's closest friend, could foreshadow JoJo's blindside. Ironically, I don't think that either Jo nor Becca are actually blindsided by Ben; they are far too attuned to his relationship with Lauren, IMO. The true blindside of this season would be if he chose JoJo over Lauren, which, to me, feels impossible right now.

A great sleuther once mentioned that the show likes to run certain themes, tropes, and plots in pairs. They do this trick to explore the ways that introducing that variable can impact a plot and outcomes and often cause outcomes that are opposites. The most obvious one is the "returning contestant who makes it far" device that had Nick and Becca return. Also, the redundant theme of being blindsided is reminding me of the last time that we heard this term: at the end of Des' season when Brooks truly blindsided her. I'm wondering if any aspects of this season resemble Des' but just in opposite fashion. scratch
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:40 pm

see2love wrote:I like Becca and all, but she had a guy who was everything she described in The farmer Chris but she didnt want him! Kimmel - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 7 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 3806527698

I don't think Chris was everything she ever wanted, mainly did they share the same strong Christian faith? I have never heard Chris mention his faith, so that probably right there made them incompatible. On the other hand, Ben is a Christian, so she was hopeful it might work out.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by hdman Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:01 am

Sorry what's MOT. Thanks

hdman

Back to top Go down

Post by jupi Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:04 am

^Matter of Time, I think

Kimmel - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 7 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 27dmB0k
"You're my person."  heartbeat  

jupi

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:07 am

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:55 am

mindless wrote:They did show Ben and Lauren in their black leather jackets in the preview. He was kissing the side of her face or something and she looked upset. I think those were the outfits they wore during the evening portion. I remember there was someone on IG who said Lauren was crying that night and some producer was comforting her. I wonder if it's still about the Leah thing or was she just sad because the date was over.

In the season preview, Ben has a black jacket on and is saying "I just wanna talk to her." Someone yells, "noooooo" which sounds like JoJo to me. Maybe that's about Lauren in this episode? I took a SC of it, but I don't recognize the location. There's a faint outline of 2 girls I think. ETA: I see hands and maybe one head.  scratch

Kimmel - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 7 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 3809bd66-0f02-4721-8f95-cecfeaac5540_zpsdsluv3rf

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 53 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 7 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+68
mysthelma
moonchild
Julz91
Rolly
BaseballQueen