SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - ATFR - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 51 of 52 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - ATFR - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 51 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - ATFR - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by sosleepy Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:44 am

Of course JoJo and Chad have nothing to do with Ben and Lauren at this point. JoJo's whole season will have very little, if anything to do with them. Ben and Lauren's life moving forward will also have very little to do with Jo.

**edited** This year is tame by normal standard, but sometimes the fan wars can get intense. For example, I was a huge Jef/Emily fan, but I liked Arie too. Well, the over the top Arie fans who did everything to tear down JEM on repeat, made me hate Arie. Was it fair? Of course not. But it was a biproduct of trying to defend JEM so much against the rabid Arie fan-base that was pretty OTT at times.

Anyway, I like Lauren and Ben a lot. Like a lot. I'm hopeful for them, and I think they seem VERY promising to be a lasting couple. I do question some of Jo's intentions going into her season, but I still think she has what it takes to be a pretty good lead. Kaitlyn was never someone I thought would leave this show with a life partner. There were rumors during her filming she was still into her ex too- some firefighter guy if I'm remembering and rumors saying she asked him to wait for her. She seemed to want the fame, and make a joke about the whole experience. Well- she left with Shawn, and they seem perfect for each other and solid as crap, so you never know.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - ATFR - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 51 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - ATFR - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by FLChica Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:16 am

Ash2214 wrote:
ForeverLove wrote:

Geez, Jojo really has some winner role models! sneakyl

Considering Ben Patton is the CEO of a hospital, does a ton of charity work and has even traveled to countries like Africa to volunteer with children that are in desperate need of help, such as needing hearing aides so that they can hear, well yeah, I'd call him a great role model.

Jojo does indeed have some winner role models!  Her father is a gastroenterologist (doctor The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - ATFR - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 51 2498057887 ) and her mother has a PhD from Vanderbilt and is a nurse-practitioner. Jojo's sister is a registered nurse at a children's hospital and her brother is a resident physician. Then there is brother Ben. I have to chuckle when a "Reality Star" label is affixed to him, as if that few months filming a show defined him for life. Puh-leez!  

Jojo and perfect Ben do have a lot in common, so it's not surprising they would bond on the show. Both are college educated, have real-world careers and are part of loving, close-knit families that are active in charitable endeavors. Both had a reality tv experience - even though Jojo's was from a distance. Both had a difficult break-up from a long term relationship. Both were surprised they could develop real feelings / bubble love on this show. Now both are moving on with their lives and no doubt wish each other the very best. IMHO.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:35 am

Ash2214 wrote:
ForeverLove wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

Nor IMO JoJo's half brother Ben Patton. There's actually an archived forum that covers Ready For Love here and some of the things there make for an interesting read. I think Ben himself did a lot of acting on that show.

Geez, Jojo really has some winner role models! sneakyl

Considering Ben Patton is the CEO of a hospital, does a ton of charity work and has even traveled to countries like Africa to volunteer with children that are in desperate need of help, such as needing hearing aides so that they can hear, well yeah, I'd call him a great role model.

clapping! yes
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:53 am

stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

On the basis of those things that Ben has done I would agree. However on the basis of Ben's involvement in Reality TV and romantic relationships - maybe not so much.
JMHO

I guess I just prefer to judge someone on how they are in real life versus on a reality television show. What's the difference between Ben Patton and any other male lead from this show? He did what he was supposed to do. He was a lead on a show that didn't last very long, but he picked someone, tried to make it work, and it didn't. He's now been in a serious relationship with someone for over a year it looks like.

Being on a reality television show doesn't take away from the fact that he's done a whole lot of good for people. That's a role model and someone I would want in my corner.

Ben Patton is just like any other lead from this show. Yet unlike most from bachelor nation in the years since his show he moved away from constantly seeking the spotlight. Now he works and has a serious career, does sincere charity work and found a good relationship. Most of MF's people would be lucky to move on this well.

**edited**

Haha stuck this is why I like you, because you say what's on my mind.
This happens every season. Many times the leads, the f1 2 3 4 all move on but some fans somehow are still trapped inside the bubble and even try to tear down non f1s. I am not surprised because it's just human nature. I tend to root for underdogs but that also saves me from heartbreak when the couple split.
Anyway, I am not too invested in the current couple and can't wait for the next season. Hopefully this time I will like the most popular contestant so no need to defend him. Wish me luck! The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - ATFR - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 51 2498057887

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:08 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

On the basis of those things that Ben has done I would agree. However on the basis of Ben's involvement in Reality TV and romantic relationships - maybe not so much.
JMHO

I guess I just prefer to judge someone on how they are in real life versus on a reality television show. What's the difference between Ben Patton and any other male lead from this show? He did what he was supposed to do. He was a lead on a show that didn't last very long, but he picked someone, tried to make it work, and it didn't. He's now been in a serious relationship with someone for over a year it looks like.

Being on a reality television show doesn't take away from the fact that he's done a whole lot of good for people. That's a role model and someone I would want in my corner.

Ben Patton is just like any other lead from this show. Yet unlike most from bachelor nation in the years since his show he moved away from constantly seeking the spotlight. Now he works and has a serious career, does sincere charity work and found a good relationship. Most of MF's people would be lucky to move on this well.

**edited**
That's my girl Stuck! My inner B***h has me dreaming of chimpmucks  cantstopl

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:16 pm

^^ Good Luck SD.

And I hope after many seasons we are on the same team again. I normally gravitate towards the F3/F4 for each season  :headbanging with the exception of 1 or 2 seasons.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Yeah, that's just it. In real life, Ben/JoJo/Lauren... All of these "characters" are actually people. Like well rounded, fully flushed out people. Not all bad, not all good. Humans with positive attributes and shortcomings alike. The contestants all know this- because they actually KNOW each other, and therefore move on from the Bachelor mess MUCH more easily than fans. We see 2 dimensional characters, and maybe that's why the fan wars sometimes last so much longer for us than for the actual participants. It's all rather silly. I hope nothing but the best for Ben and Lauren, and I hope JoJo provides an entertaining season and gets whatever her little heart desires out of the experience. Whether that's fame, or a hot flame, or both. Hugesmile

For me, I've only really cared about 3 or 4 couples in all 15 years this show has been on the air (and I've seen most of the seasons). BenLo is one of the "elite" couples I got invested in. I actually kind of prefer not to care- caring too much gets exhausting. If I don't get invested in the final couple (the norm), I tend to be meh about season in general. The one exception was Nick V. Who I did love in the F2 position both times. Haha. But I also didn't love him enough to get involved in fan wars or ripping down Josh/Andi or Kaitlyn/Shawn. I barely paid attention to ether, kind of shrugged my shoulders when Andi and Josh broke up, and I am now genuinely hopeful and happy for Kaitlyn/Shawn.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:05 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:Considering Ben Patton is the CEO of a hospital, does a ton of charity work and has even traveled to countries like Africa to volunteer with children that are in desperate need of help, such as needing hearing aides so that they can hear, well yeah, I'd call him a great role model.

JMHO

Sorry I didn't watch Ben P on TV. What did he do? Did he say ILYs to multiple women a la Ben H? Or did he sleep with multiple women ala Too-Many-Leads-to-Name?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:10 pm

sosleepy wrote:Yeah, that's just it. In real life, Ben/JoJo/Lauren... All of these "characters" are actually people. Like well rounded, fully flushed out people. Not all bad, not all good. Humans with positive attributes and shortcomings alike. The contestants all know this- because they actually KNOW each other, and therefore move on from the Bachelor mess MUCH more easily than fans. We see 2 dimensional characters, and maybe that's why the fan wars sometimes last so much longer for us than for the actual participants. It's all rather silly. I hope nothing but the best for Ben and Lauren, and I hope JoJo provides an entertaining season and gets whatever her little heart desires out of the experience. Whether that's fame, or a hot flame, or both. Hugesmile

For me, I've only really cared about 3 or 4 couples in all 15 years this show has been on the air (and I've seen most of the seasons). BenLo is one of the "elite" couples I got invested in. I actually kind of prefer not to care- caring too much gets exhausting. If I don't get invested in the final couple (the norm), I tend to be meh about season in general. The one exception was Nick V. Who I did love in the F2 position both times. Haha. But I also didn't love him enough to get involved in fan wars or ripping down Josh/Andi or Kaitlyn/Shawn. I barely paid attention to ether, kind of shrugged my shoulders when Andi and Josh broke up, and I am now genuinely hopeful and happy for Kaitlyn/Shawn.

Wonderful post and beautifully said. The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - ATFR - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 51 1377737533
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Interesting! I didn't realize JoJo came from such an accomplished family. Or that brother Ben had a solid, non TV job.

It does make her HTD even more of a head scratcher though laugh out loud.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - ATFR - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 51 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:58 pm

sdmom wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:Considering Ben Patton is the CEO of a hospital, does a ton of charity work and has even traveled to countries like Africa to volunteer with children that are in desperate need of help, such as needing hearing aides so that they can hear, well yeah, I'd call him a great role model.

JMHO

Sorry I didn't watch Ben P on TV. What did he do? Did he say ILYs to multiple women a la Ben H? Or did he sleep with multiple women ala Too-Many-Leads-to-Name?

He basically appeared on a similar dating show (which tracked multiple leads simulataneously) and got engaged to a girl at the end. That didn't last long and they broke up.
So he's basically no different from any other lead including Ben H. Probably why he should have gone easier on him during HTs. no idea

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Why are we discussing JoJo and her brother in the Ben Higgins thread?

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 52 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - ATFR - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+89
nd4reality
Linds911
FLChica
Cocoasneeze
July