SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 76 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by soccermom333 Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 am

traveler90 wrote:I'm halfway through with reading the book right now and it's dragging on and on... It's horrible.. I'm no fan of her writing style, it's full of clichées, contradictions, and I hate, hate, hate fashion referrences and her book is full of it. (lying to #26 about sleeping with #25 is like buying new Louboutin's with her daddy's money instead of a meal and waiting for the lie to be uncovered). It's cringe-worthy.
It's also apparent that she is very insecure, all about her image, and a materialist. (the only reason she didn't burn a pair of Prada shoes and a Celiné bag aren't due to fond memories with #26 but because it would be a sacrilege to burn something like this Rolling Eyes ) I'm loosing quite a few brain cells while reading this. Although, yesterday, it did put me to sleep quite easily giggling but I'm ashamed to say that I had nightmares where my life was over and I was all alone and bitter. All thanks to this book, which is so full of negativity and pessimism that I can't imagine how anyone wants to spend time with her or finds this book helpful. And how can someone be a good friend if he is constantly putting himself (and others) down. She's not good at dancing, yoga, swimming, school... The list goes on and on... (and that are her words not mine).
I also don't like how much she swears in the book. If I'd get one penny for every curse she utters, I'd earn quite a bit of money.
And don't get me started on her lists... Breakup playlist, doe's and dont's after a break up, and the lessons learned after each chapter (when in doubt, add more lighter fluid - when she is burning all the stuff of #26 bar the Celiné bag and Prada shoes).
The book is clearly meant to be read by teenage girls, no one else could believe that these breakup advises could be helpful at all. I think so because she mentions how Selena Gomez is going to wear the same dress as her, how Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars is sitting a row behind her on the plane and how many times she says that Jennifer Lawrence is her idol. Why a 29-year-old needs an idol (who is also younger than her) puzzles me... scratch
I think it's really sad that she got reduced to this. Once a lawyer and now she's just a joke. I expected so much more from the book, at least in stlye (I mean a lawyer has to be elloquent, right? question ) Instead I got dull and stupid, she really comes across as stupid.
I don't know if I will be able to finish this book but I thought I'd give you all a glimpse of her writing style while sparing you the need to read this crap. I think it all has been said about the content and I agree with everything that has been said above.

Thanks traveler. Appreciate you and others taking the time to give their perspective on the book. I am wondering what TPTB, and bachelor alumni think about it. They probably don't give a rat's a@#, and not like they would tell us, but wondering just the same.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 76 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by Kashathediva Sun May 22, 2016 10:54 am

I can not imagine at this stage of her life, MEandI wanting to be hired by a law firm. She would still be working 60+ hours a week for a salary that she would not be happy with. That ship has sailed, imo, close to two years ago.
Hopefully she will find something she feels passion for that propels her in a positive direction.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sun May 22, 2016 11:36 am

sparkler wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
umngirl wrote:I'm still try to wrap my head around Andi's accuse for not returning to law was because Josh basically told her she couldn't. All her actions since then just make this completely laughable.

No one has stopped Andi from returning to law for the past year so her excuse/reason is just a lie.
If she really wanted to do law and some guy was holding her back well the only person stopping her now is herself.
It's things like that that makes Andi's book "Not Okay".

jmo

My impression of Josh supposedly telling her not to return to law was that her particular area of law practice (gangs) wasn't safe....not to not return to law altogether. She did say at some point that Josh was impressed that she was a lawyer....It all was so vague and contradictory (the whole book) that the "truth" was hard to discern.

That's exactly what I think, too. I don't believe her that Josh didn't want her to return to work as a lawyer. I think he probably just didn't want her involved in the gang work. Of course, she leaves that part of the story out to gain more sympathy and appear to be the abused fiancé.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sun May 22, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm struggling to finish this book. I'm halfway through, and it just kind of drags. I really, really could have done without the endless chapters of her moping around Kelly's house, whining and giving break up advice. Just give me the dirt and save me the time.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun May 22, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks for your post @traveler90

I think Josh had Andi pegged when she wrote that he said she is the most miserable person ever.
Andi's focus on the negative seems to be her thing in life.
I guess that's why her title of her book is "Happily 'Never' After".
What a miserable way to go through life.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun May 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I can not imagine at this stage of her life, MEandI wanting to be hired by a law firm. She would still be working 60+ hours a week for a salary that she would not be happy with. That ship has sailed, imo, close to two years ago.
Hopefully she will find something she feels passion for that propels her in a positive direction.

From the reviews and comments being circulated, at this point, I question whether she WOULD be hired, even if she wanted to be.
Talk about burning bridges.... no no
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun May 22, 2016 3:20 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Thanks for your post @traveler90

I think Josh had Andi pegged when she wrote that he said she is the most miserable person ever.
Andi's focus on the negative seems to be her thing in life.
I guess that's why her title of her book is "Happily 'Never' After".
What a miserable way to go through life.

TOTALLY!! no no
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshswife Sun May 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Wonder if today is cryptic script posting day... Josh has posted a few and now lacy faddoul is posting... Was Marcus mentioned in the book?

"Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves" Matthew 7:15

Source: lacy faddoul Twitter

Joshswife

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 22, 2016 3:30 pm

Maybe Lacy sticking up for Josh. Marcus and Josh appeared to remain friends. I don't think this is the first time Lacy has done this, someone CMIIW.

Sometimes quotes come up on my twitter feed that appear to be posted just at the right time in my life. This could be the case for Josh.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshswife Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 pm

I agree could just be coincidence but since I refuse to read the book or atleast pay for it I just wondered if Marcus was mentioned. I don't see lacy as the type to sit back and be quiet

Joshswife

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 pm

So... I never got why a (non-practicing???) Jewish girl thought the devout Christian Bible Banger was a good long time fit for her. I'm not saying inter-faith relationships can't work. But they take A LOT of work, and usually someone, or both, does a lot of compromising and/or both parties are rather appathetic. I never got the feeling Josh was appathetic about his faith. Did Andi even ask questions or get to know him at all? Did she even think things through about what she'd truly need and want out of a partner? Of course not. She's clearly totally materialistic and all about the image. She went for the surface level hot guy.

Say what you will about Sean Lowe (I'm not personally a fan), but when he was in Andi's position he knew faith was a make or break for him. He questioned Catherine extensively and it kept him up at night. He asked and thought about actual marriage questions and factors.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun May 22, 2016 4:18 pm

IMO, Andi was raised to believe she is the center of the universe. I don't think she thought religion would be an issue because it is not important to her and she expected the guy to just give into her. Josh tried, skipping Christmas with his practicing family for her family holiday in Vegas when Thanksgiving while involving both families was still at the Dorfmans. In my relationship of switching off Holidays even that would have put Christmas with the Murrays.

From what I can tell about the book, she does not discuss religion because Josh's efforts to do as she wished against his own desire and belief doesn't match the poor emotionally abused Andi storyline. 

And Nick from a strong Catholic family would not have been any better on the religion front either. IMO, she seriously never bothered to even think about it.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

+81
BohemianNika
lipsis
Newto
MiniDiva
sdmom