SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Page 18 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SingleStateOfMind - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 18 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Post by california90 Tue May 31, 2016 10:35 pm

jen689 wrote:
yana_bach wrote:Courtney reviewed Andi's book on her website:
https://courtneyrobertson.com/?p=448
There is a little bit of criticism, but mostly it's positive review.
Thanks for posting the review yana_bach

My favorite part....

"Oh, and Andi? If you write a second book, could you pretty please address the Chris Harrison dating rumors? I’d buy that book for sure"

laugh out loud gotta love courtney

california90

Back to top Go down

SingleStateOfMind - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 18 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Post by Sprite Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:28 am

Beach Lover wrote:^^^ I get the feeling she was trying to be polite to Andi but overall she didn't love the book.  Glad she called Andi out for using numbers in the book and her negative "woe is me" narrative.  I also found it interesting how it bothered her as well that 26 could have "wounded" such a strong kick a** woman who so easily reamed out JP. I'm not sure where Courtney was trying to go with this statement, but for me it's the believability factor. Andi's claims to be so devastated over it ending with 26 while also saying she was miserable and needing to be done with the relationship still doesn't jive with me. Something is off.

As far as what Courtney observed of Andi and Josh at CS"s premiere, I don't think anyone who was part of that would come out with a good impression of the way these two treated each other.  At that point things were pretty much already over for them. They were miserable the last few months together and based on things he has said, he had already tried to end things several times sooner. Just watching that event on TV it was pretty obvious that 26 was checked out on Andi so Courtney's remarks about him don't surprise me. And as much as Andi made it seem in her book that he was the one controlling her and that she needed to get out of that relationship, it appeared the opposite to me on TV.  He seemed the one who wanted to be done with it all and not able to hide it anymore, whereas she was putting on a show for the cameras (back rubbing anyone?).  But having said that, Josh's attitude (and apparent disdain) toward her would not have come across well to observers, so I'm sure the other Bach alumni did not get a good impression of him that night. All the more ammunition for Andi to be able to appear as a victim. All the more reason their attending that event was just a very BAD idea.

From what I remember, Andi was out with some ladies and Josh was out with the guys the night before and he told them they were done. So they knew and I don't think they had a problem with him at all. Maybe if Andi put a spin of it with the women and they might have bought it, but for the most part, I don't recall people being negative about it.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:20 pm

I saw this andi article in aol . No wonder she is the way she is when it comes to her decision making and it tackles about some of you here asking about how her parents not saying anything about their daughter. In this article Andi's mom and dad said that they have 0 say what their daughter does and it all just turned out fine. No wonder how they are so proud of her book.

http://m.aol.com/article/2016/05/31/andi-dorfman-responds-to-josh-murrays-claim-that-her-book-is-a/21386889/

SingleStateOfMind - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 18 Eb97c9
SingleStateOfMind - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 18 9zt107SingleStateOfMind - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 18 XgicucSingleStateOfMind - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 18 Oaw2uvSingleStateOfMind - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 18 2pqw5k8SingleStateOfMind - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 18 30szzauSingleStateOfMind - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 18 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:39 pm

lovebites8727 wrote:I saw this andi article in aol . No wonder she is the way she is when it comes to her decision making and it tackles about some of you here asking about how her parents not saying anything about their daughter. In this article Andi's mom and dad said that they have 0 say what their daughter does and it all just turned out fine. No wonder how they are so proud of her book.

http://m.aol.com/article/2016/05/31/andi-dorfman-responds-to-josh-murrays-claim-that-her-book-is-a/21386889/

If they think it all turned out fine, they are as delusional as she is....which is pretty obvious. I hope that they are just putting on a brave face and in private they have expressed concern, but honestly, I don't really believe that.

I love how she said she broke it off when it was clear that he had been trying for ages to get the hell away from this psycho. And how juvenile is it for her to get Kelly to read the text he sent her post break up, but not want to know what it said. I don't really buy that for a minute.

Andi learned about humility and respect from being on the show? cantstopl hehehe rofl rotfl spitcoffee stupid

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:48 pm

lovebites8727 wrote:I saw this andi article in aol . No wonder she is the way she is when it comes to her decision making and it tackles about some of you here asking about how her parents not saying anything about their daughter. In this article Andi's mom and dad said that they have 0 say what their daughter does and it all just turned out fine. No wonder how they are so proud of her book.

First of all, warning, you will instantly hear Andi talking during an interview. If you're like me and can't stand her voice, just letting you know.

This is an example of her learning how to be humble and kind or shall I say just another BS answer that's the right answer ITM.
In response to #26's statement.

"It's kind of funny because every novel is fictional, am I right? I just wanted to make sure I was right in that a novel is always fictional. Got it. Okay, cool. My response is that there's no such thing as a non-fictional novel," she said in an exclusive interview with AOL.

Gabes @_GABES_04
What life lesson did you learn from the show that has stuck with you? #AskAnd
Andi DorfmanVerified account

‏@AndiDorfman Andi Dorfman Retweeted Gabes
Humility and kindness!  #AskAndiAndi Dorfman added,

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71511

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by traveler90 Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:56 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

First of all, warning, you will instantly hear Andi talking during an interview. If you're like me and can't stand her voice, just letting you know.

This is an example of her learning how to be humble and kind or shall I say just another BS answer that's the right answer ITM.
In response to #26's statement.

"It's kind of funny because every novel is fictional, am I right? I just wanted to make sure I was right in that a novel is always fictional. Got it. Okay, cool. My response is that there's no such thing as a non-fictional novel," she said in an exclusive interview with AOL.

Gabes @_GABES_04
What life lesson did you learn from the show that has stuck with you? #AskAnd
Andi DorfmanVerified account

‏@AndiDorfman Andi Dorfman Retweeted Gabes
Humility and kindness!  #AskAndiAndi Dorfman added,
I don't get it. Does this mean that she is admitting that her story is not true? If there is no such thing as a non-fictional novel... question I'm sure that's not what she meant but that's how I read it. hehehe And btw, BS answer, answer the question, for god's sake Rolling Eyes
traveler90
traveler90

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:12 pm

She's talking in circles (again  Rolling Eyes ), simply to impress and fit in with whoever she's talking to at the moment, IMO.  

Technically, while making his point of it being not fully true he goofed.

In a statement to ABC News, Murray said, "How is one supposed to comment on a fictional novel? I choose to go through life building others up, not tearing them down. I wish her nothing but the best in her new career."

Source

A novel by definition is fiction.

Novel: a fictitious prose narrative of considerable length and complexity, portraying characters and usually presenting a sequential organization of action and scenes.
Source

But by answering the way she did, she was just avoiding giving a real answer to how much is real vs how much is made up/embellished on her part.  Plus, it was a way of getting a dig in at him all at the same time.  While I have no doubt some of what she was said is true, I tend to believe there was a lot of embellishing and stretching the true so far that you could barely find the kernel of truth that remained.  JMO.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Sprite wrote:

If they think it all turned out fine, they are as delusional as she is....which is pretty obvious. I hope that they are just putting on a brave face and in private they have expressed concern, but honestly, I don't really believe that.

I love how she said she broke it off when it was clear that he had been trying for ages to get the hell away from this psycho. And how juvenile is it for her to get Kelly to read the text he sent her post break up, but not want to know what it said. I don't really buy that for a minute.

Andi learned about humility and respect from being on the show? cantstopl hehehe rofl rotfl spitcoffee stupid

The only thing Andi learned (or already knew) is that humility and showing respect are qualities that don't apply to her. She doesn't have to show this since she is above everyone else.

The more she talks, the lower she sinks (if that's possible) in my book. IMO.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:10 pm

I thought Andi's book was supposed to be an autobiographical account of her experiences on the show and post-show? Therefore, it was not intended to be a novel (aka fictional novel), right?. It was intended to be a non-fictional memoir (aka fact-based grounded in truth). She wouldn't know truth if it hit her in the face. She wrote a fictitious hit-piece on all of her exes disguised as a fact based memoir. She is a failure, because she neither succeeded at writing a true fictional novel nor a non-fictional memoir. She is an adrift loser who is seeking out revenge and an easy way to cash in on her D-list celebrity and stretch her 15 minutes.

The book title said it all to me: "It's not okay" (an unnecessary dig at a man she dated years ago, who happened to date her bestie. She used JPG to climb the ladder to Bachelorette lead on the show and continues to use him now.) Paraphrasing because I don't own the book: "From fairy tale romance to Happily Never After". Title makes NO sense. Why Happily Never After? She's incapable of getting her life back on track after relationship of about 1 year ended? She cannot be happy ever again, in her life, her whole life? Really? Why is that? She'll only be happy when she finds herself a big sugar daddy to leach off of for the rest of her miserable days. JMHOAA.

MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:39 pm

It is supposed to be her journal turned into a book, so yes it's supposed to fit in the non-fictional memoir category.  Josh called it a fictional novel when he was asked by the media for a response about the book and what she'd said about him.  Hence her nonfictional novel rant.  Rolling Eyes

Don't get us started on the title again. laugh out loud She talks in contradictions and doesn't seem to realize it or care that she does one.  I keep thinking someone somewhere (in the media, not us here laugh out loud ) will call her on all the back and forth and side ways two stepping she does to please whoever she's talking to at the time.  I  would think eventually all the stretching the truth and just straight out lying will catch up to her and I can't see it being pretty when it dos.  

JMOAA

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:39 pm

^^^ MiaHawk you are on target once again! It was a memoir, therefore should be nonfictional. Josh may have misspoke by saying fictional novel, but I take Andi's response as a condescending one towards his misuse of words. She did something similar in her "fictional" memoir. She is a condescending Bi***. Honestly, the more she speaks the more she disgusts me.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:49 pm

She is a narcissistic nutcase. Nuff said.
Now let me get back to hanging up my undies, opening up another bottle of wine and dressmaking.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 80 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

+93
tiger
tigertiz
happygolucky
AllAboutLove
aviej