SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Page 44 of 80 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 44 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Post by sosleepy Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:33 pm

My bottom line and central thesis regarding Andi and Josh is that they are both vile people. laugh out loud I can't like them separately, as individuals, so I certainly could never get on board their coupledom. laugh out loud laugh out loud

I always preferred Nick for Andi, TBH. Nick is also kinda vile, not a super great person either. But he entertains me greatly and he's at least self aware unlike the other 2 characters in that mess.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 44 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Post by Ash2214 Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:36 pm

I think unfortunately with the way Andi is, she wouldn't have lasted with Nick, Farmer Chris or Marcus either so I can't say she picked wrong. Come to think of it, she had the worst group of guys ever. Horrible season all around laugh out loud IMO

Last edited by Ash2214 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:37 pm

they had a lot of stuff on paper that matched up

Maybe they did but that's why relationships aren't always so simple because many people on paper can seem perfect but together, emotionally, they don't work. Because human relationships aren't an exact science. For the record, my belief that Andi and Josh would not last doesn't mean I think she would have lasted with Nick either.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:41 pm

lleyki wrote:
they had a lot of stuff on paper that matched up

Maybe they did but that's why relationships aren't always so simple because many people on paper can seem perfect but together, emotionally, they don't work. Because human relationships aren't an exact science.

Well, of course. That was my point. I understood why she chose him. In the small amount of time they got together, a lot of things fit on paper and she was infatuated with him. They had a lot going for them in terms of certain variables, but ultimately their personalities didn't fit, however, perhaps if they got help to try to better themselves separately or together things would have turned out differently. Who knows. As we can see, neither of them got that help.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:49 pm

As someone who actually watches the shows Kenny was on and actually followed the situation, I'd like to point out that it never went to trial and they were never convicted of anything. The other side of the story is that the accuser was/is a very unstable person mentally, MTV settled to make it go away quickly because no matter what they would look bad (either they had sexual assaulters on the show, or knowingly put an unstable woman in that type of environment) and per the settlement Kenny nor the other guy were legally allowed to speak about it publicly. Other cast members who were there have questioned her story, some have outright said she's lying. Personally I've always thought Kenny was an a-hole but I have no clue if he actually did this. All this to say we don't know what happened there and speaking things as facts when there are so few actual facts is irresponsible IMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Lets be careful what we accuse this guy of. Like I said upthread, I have no idea who he is or his background. If we are going to label him anything, please provide proof.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:01 pm

Also they're not dating according to andi, she commented this on the picture: "If we were dating, I'd dump you for not filtering me better @KennySantucci" https://www.instagram.com/p/BOf84h-DiPo/

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:02 pm

Here's just one article about the lawsuit

https://www.google.com/amp/jezebel.com/5954961/mtv-settles-r*pe-lawsuit-with-real-world-alum-after-implying-she-asked-for-it/amp

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 44 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 44 86669110 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 44 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I think unfortunately with the way Andi is, she wouldn't have lasted with Nick, Farmer Chris or Marcus either so I can't say she picked wrong. Come to think of it, she had the worst group of guys ever. Horrible season all around laugh out loud IMO

I don't think you are wrong.

Nick and Andi wouldn't have lasted long term either. But IMO I think they may have lasted for sure just as long, if not longer, than her 8 months with Josh. I think they matched up intellectually in a way J&A never did. They also have similar famewhore goals, seem pretty liberal and don't hide behind #blessed #jesus hashtags. Sooooo... not true love, but I would have given both a solid 9 mos - 1 year. laugh out loud I think Nick was just too far out of Andi's box and she defaulted to the athlete - her self proclaimed type. Of the 4 she had to chose from in her F4, I still maintain Nick was her best shot.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:28 pm

ReneeM wrote:As someone who actually watches the shows Kenny was on and actually followed the situation, I'd like to point out that it never went to trial and they were never convicted of anything. The other side of the story is that the accuser was/is a very unstable person mentally, MTV settled to make it go away quickly because no matter what they would look bad (either they had sexual assaulters on the show, or knowingly put an unstable woman in that type of environment) and per the settlement Kenny nor the other guy were legally allowed to speak about it publicly. Other cast members who were there have questioned her story, some have outright said she's lying. Personally I've always thought Kenny was an a-hole but I have no clue if he actually did this.  All this to say we don't know what happened there and speaking things as facts when there are so few actual facts is irresponsible IMO.

As someone who also watched the show and followed the story, I personally don't buy nothing happened. Yes Tonya was/is unstable and yes, the Kenny/Evan/Johnny sychophants on the challenge accused her of lying. But it should be noted that the lawsuit came about because other people there told Tonya what happened as she was passed out and some of the people defending Kenny and Evan didn't say nothing happened but used the, "it was just some fratboy hijinks" excuse.

And yeah maybe MTV settling quickly doesn't prove absolute guilt but they then went as far as to permanently ban Kenny and Evan from the show, even if Tonya herself has never been back on. Yet CT violently attacked Adam, it was all caught on camera, some cast members actually complained about him being dangerous and not wanting to be on the show with him and they brought CT back. Yet nothing happened and Evan and Kenny were permanently banned from the show when by all accounts they, along with Bananas, were quite popular.

The fact is the Challenge does create a situation ripe for something like this. It is a known fact that a lot of drinking and drug use happens. It's more than likely Kenny and Evan themselves were drunk and Tonya was seen as the nutjob who would sleep with anyone. Not to mention they were the "popular" guys on the Challenge. Ironic that some referred to it as fratboy hijinks because I think that kind of situation is exactly the type of thing that would happen at a frat where alcohol, drug use and testosterone is high. People probably sat around, including some women themselves and thought what Kenny and Evan were doing was funny because it was just "messing around" and it's Tonya after all, nutty and slutty Tonya, so who cares? In my opinion of course.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:56 pm

lleyki wrote:
ReneeM wrote:As someone who actually watches the shows Kenny was on and actually followed the situation, I'd like to point out that it never went to trial and they were never convicted of anything. The other side of the story is that the accuser was/is a very unstable person mentally, MTV settled to make it go away quickly because no matter what they would look bad (either they had sexual assaulters on the show, or knowingly put an unstable woman in that type of environment) and per the settlement Kenny nor the other guy were legally allowed to speak about it publicly. Other cast members who were there have questioned her story, some have outright said she's lying. Personally I've always thought Kenny was an a-hole but I have no clue if he actually did this.  All this to say we don't know what happened there and speaking things as facts when there are so few actual facts is irresponsible IMO.

As someone who also watched the show and followed the story, I personally don't buy nothing happened. Yes Tonya was/is unstable and yes, the Kenny/Evan/Johnny sychophants on the challenge accused her of lying. But it should be noted that the lawsuit came about because other people there told Tonya what happened as she was passed out and some of the people defending Kenny and Evan didn't say nothing happened but used the, "it was just some fratboy hijinks" excuse.

And yeah maybe MTV settling quickly doesn't prove absolute guilt but they then went as far as to permanently ban Kenny and Evan from the show, even if Tonya herself has never been back on. Yet CT violently attacked Adam, it was all caught on camera, some cast members actually complained about him being dangerous and not wanting to be on the show with him and they brought CT back. Yet nothing happened and Evan and Kenny were permanently banned from the show when by all accounts they, along with Bananas, were quite popular.

The fact is the Challenge does create a situation ripe for something like this. It is a known fact that a lot of drinking and drug use happens. It's more than likely Kenny and Evan themselves were drunk and Tonya was seen as the nutjob who would sleep with anyone. Not to mention they were the "popular" guys on the Challenge. Ironic that some referred to it as fratboy hijinks because I think that kind of situation is exactly the type of thing that would happen at a frat where alcohol, drug use and testosterone is high. People probably sat around, including some women themselves and thought what Kenny and Evan were doing was funny because it was just "messing around" and it's Tonya after all, nutty and slutty Tonya, so who cares? In my opinion of course.

She said that but who are the people that told her? She never said and neither did they. Sarah and Susie (other cast members who were both r*ped in their past outside of the show) shared a room with her at the time and after the alleged incident stayed friends with Kenny and Evan (Susie tweeted out a link to this article to sarah with the #teamkennyforever as recently as this past june https://twitter.com/susie_meister/status/740637399496032257). Also Kenny liked an IG post years ago saying that banned was the wrong word it was more that MTV would open themselves to further lawsuits and insurance premiums by having them back on the challenge. Kenny hosted an official challenge aftershow on mtv AFTER the incident happened, so mtv didn't cut all ties. I never said nothing happened, just that we don't know what did happen. People can be unstable and still be telling the truth about r*pe and on the other hand, people can be d-bags without being rapists. I don't know what happened. Just that the only actual facts are she filed a lawsuit and MTV settled. Anything/everything else is conjecture. The point is moot anyways because this is Andi's thread and she said they aren't dating.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:25 pm

I created a new thread to discuss other former reality tv contestants, other than the bachelor franchise here.
Thanks for all the info, but we are

offtopic
https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t3962-other-reality-tv-shows-former-contestants-updates-discussions#1083523

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 80 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

+93
tiger
tigertiz
happygolucky
AllAboutLove
aviej