SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 11 of 67 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 12, 2015 11:42 am

sad

Retired police officer dies in Texas tornado with one arm around his dog, saving its life  (Via @CBSNews)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14 am

I have been following the story regarding Cecil the Zimbabwe lion. So sad. His brother Jericho has been in the news in the last 24 hours as well. I love animals.
Cecil

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:44 pm

I have been following Cecil's story too. I'm so glad to hear Jericho is alive.

I followed Lily the Black Bear a few years back when she gave birth to Hope. We watched the live cam for hours always checking up on her. We were lucky enough to be around our desks when it happened. It was amazing to watch for weeks on end. Sadly Hope was killed by a hunter a year later. I was heartbroken. I have a picture of her in my office when she was a few months old.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Happy 9th birthday to my baby boy Louie! (On the left)

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 11 Hallow10

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Love their outfits. They are so cute!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:16 pm

GA, Louie doesn't look impressed about getting his picture taken while Sophie is right up front!  giggling
They both look so cute.  Hope Louie had a great birthday!
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:30 pm

laugh out loud He's looking at her because he probably couldn't believe she wasn't listening to me. She always does, she's a good little girl. I kept telling her to sit. Every time the flash started, she'd walk away. I kept saying Sophie, stay. He was giving her the evil eye (Or he was thinking I'm teaching her well) . He doesn't listen to any commands other than sit. He does what he wants when he wants to. KingLouie!  He's quite the character and so smart, it's unreal.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:08 pm

http://www.canidae.com/blog/2015/11/5-ways-dogs-say-thank-you.html

If your dog is a gatherer, he may be one that likes to bring you gifts. Sometimes the act is acknowledgment of your role as leader of their pack, or a way they contribute, or just  a sign of love on their part. Gift bearing can also be a way your dog shows gratitude to you for all the things you do to add to the richness of his life.

This is Louie. Everytime I walk in the door, he has to have a toy a bone something near by to grab. If there isn't anything nearby, he'll go find it, then come back to greet me. Except I don't think he has a leader of the pact, he is his own boss. laugh out loud

Sophie spins in circles, then quickly sits when I walk in the door. laugh out loud

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Canadian brothers free trapped bald eagle, take selfie with it

When the two young brothers found the powerful predator with its talon stuck in a fur trap, they knew they had to somehow approach the bird and set it free. But first, they posed for an epic selfie.

Two brothers from Sudbury, Ontario, became Internet stars this week after they rescued a bald eagle from a trap on Tuesday and set it free, but only after taking a once-in-a-lifetime selfie with the giant raptor.

Michael and Neil Fletcher, both in their 20s, said they were hunting grouse when they spotted the national bird of the country to the south, with one of its talons caught in a trap placed by fur trappers, CBC News reports.

"It was relieving to see that it was still alive," Neil Fletcher told CBC. "I knew we had to do something right away," he said.A video that Michael Fletcher posted on his Facebook page shows the brothers and their dog cautiously approaching the bird and trying several times to throw a sweatshirt over its head to calm it down so they could free it from the trap.

"At first the eagle was a bit nervous to have my brother and myself there," Neil said.

"As soon as he realized we were trying to help he kind of calmed down a little bit. His head would kind of move back and forth to look at us, but that was the most he'd do," he said.

It took nearly 4 minutes for the brothers to free the eagle from the trap and – after posing for the now famous selfie – to release the formidable predator and watch it fly off.

Sudbury ornithologist Chris Blomme told the CBC that freeing the bald eagle, with its sharp beak and claws, was the right thing to do.

"I think it's really great the Michael and Neil took the gumption to actually try and deal with the bird,” which, he said, is much more common to see soaring through the sky after becoming nearly extinct in the 20th century.

Congress first identified the bald eagle as “threatened with extinction” in 1940. By the 1970s, after suffering from decades of deforestation, hunting by people who thought the birds threatened livestock, and poisoning by the widely used insecticide, DDT, the birds were on the national endangered species list.

In 1963 there were 487 nesting pairs of bald eagles left, according to the US Fish and Wildlife Service, down from the 100,000 estimated to exist in the late 18th century.

The banning of DDT in 1972, and decades of conservation efforts, helped the species to recover and finally come off the endangered list in 2007.

But the birds are still protected by national laws that prohibit killing, selling, or otherwise harming eagles, their nests, or eggs.

The Fletcher brothers said they had never seen an eagle up close and were struck by its grandeur.

"Me and my brother, we've always been in the bush, always been hunters. And we've always had a lot of respect for bald eagles," Neil told the CBC.  

"We were just really amazed – and still are," he said

csmonitor.com

yes

I watched a livecam on a nest in Florida last year. They are amazing!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:12 pm

louisvanamstelWhat I woke up to this morning... Haha!  Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 11 2764
Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 11 12523595_1669419500002775_1330147967_n

:Bendog laugh out loud

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:10 pm

I know many here do not care for him, but I thought this was a very sweet tribute. RS has to put down his beloved dog Maddie later today.

*edit* we do not link to RS' site.

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 11 87b72b10 Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 11 86669110 Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 11 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:24 pm

RIP Maddie Upset BAD week for pets. RS has many flaws, but he was devoted to Maddie and gave her a good life.

Thanks for posting umngirl.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 67 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby