SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 25 of 67 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mondaymotivation - Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 25 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:42 am

mprssdbyu wrote:
Sprite wrote:
mprssdbyu wrote:Thanks guys! I wish other people would post pics of their hobbies whether it be flower gardens or not! Flowers are just my thing.

I have posted picks of my foster pets. Hopefully after over 9 months, Benjamin might be leaving for his new furrever home next Saturday.
I will post a pick of my garden when it starts blooming a little more.

Sprite, have you ever treated one of your fosters with acupuncture? My oldest (not a foster), 9 year old dauchschund was diagnosed with a pinched nerve. They gave him pain meds and he's on strict crate rest. We have the hardest time getting any meds in him. We've resorted to crushing it up with pill crusher and hiding in a squirt of whip cream from the can. Anyway, we turned to acupuncture. He has his second treatment next Friday. I'm so hoping it speeds up the recovery process. He is better and his appetite has picked up. Thank goodness.

I haven't treated any of my own or fosters, but a friend of mine did it with her dog for a while. It seemed to help. As for the meds, I've been lucky so far. All my pets have been little piglets and will eat anything.

My little Oz was paralyzed from jumping off the couch shortly after I first got him 7 years ago and they diagnosed something similar. He was on crate rest for 6 weeks, but thankfully he fully recovered and is still going strong at 14. Good luck with your little guy! :Bendog

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

mondaymotivation - Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 25 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:13 am

@Sprite Thanks for responding. It gives me hope. He isn't paralyzed but the initial cries of pain absolutely broke my heart esp when we just could not initially get pain meds in him.

We've always had steps leading to every bed, every couch but those have been removed. Going down seemed to bother him just before his episode that prompted vet visit. X rays and his senior profile lab worked showed nothing. He isn't allowed up on anything now unless someone is with him to prevent jumping. We bought a pack n play because he would growl and snarl trying to put him in crate. Bed is too high so he won't jump, thank goodness. He's always been a tempermental lil cuss!

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:27 am

mprssdbyu wrote:@Sprite Thanks for responding. It gives me hope. He isn't paralyzed but the initial cries of pain absolutely broke my heart esp when we just could not initially get pain meds in him.

We've always had steps leading to every bed, every couch but those have been removed. Going down seemed to bother him just before his episode that prompted vet visit. X rays and his senior profile lab worked showed nothing. He isn't allowed up on anything now unless someone is with him to prevent jumping. We bought a pack n play because he would growl and snarl trying to put him in crate.  Bed is too high so he won't jump, thank goodness. He's always been a tempermental lil cuss!

Yes. I remember when Oz landed. He let out a yelp, looked at me with those little brown eyes and keeled over to the side like one of those narcoleptic goats on youtube. It's hard when they get older. He still jumps off the couches, but these days he rarely can jump up on them...even when I have some tasty cheese! Usually I pick him up because he has to be glued to my side, but if I'm not home, he is in his little bed in front of the fireplace.

I hope it gets easier for you with the meds. Could they prescribe a liquid that you could squirt into his mouth? I've had to do that with a couple of my fosters and it worked pretty well.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:30 am

This girl just celebrated her 16th birthday. Happy birthday Kasha!
mondaymotivation - Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 25 Enhance

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:30 am

@Sprite One is a liquid but one look at that syringe and he started with showing his teeth and snapping at your hand. He's a tough one. BUT, the squirt of whip cream and the pill crusher have been difference makers.

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 am

@mprssdbyu Well that's good. At least you have something that works. Hopefully some R&R will take care of the rest.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 am

Kashathediva wrote:This girl just celebrated her 16th birthday. Happy birthday Kasha!
mondaymotivation - Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 25 Enhance
Awwww, look at that sweeeet sweeeet baby! :cutiepie PINKHEART Give her one more kiss from all of us. I'm sure she's had many from mama today!

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:35 am

Sprite wrote:@mprssdbyu Well that's good. At least you have something that works. Hopefully some R&R will take care of the rest.
You have no idea how much your story gives me hope. If that had happened to me, I would have croaked and they would have had to take both of us to the vet! :Thanktwo

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:35 am

Oh @Kashathediva she is gorgeous! wow 16 yrs old! She's so pretty!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:45 am

I was amazed that she made it to 16 after this spring. We almost lost her. It's always hard losing a pet. I did hospice for humans intertwined with my nursing so I use that philosophy with pets, also. I was able to nurse her back.
Anyway, I made both Lester and Kasha nice omelets to celebrate the occasion. Each day with her is a totally unexpected gift. What a blessing.
DH is leaving town in 6 weeks for 5 nights. I can carry Kasha up the in our house, but I can't carry her down any longer. So I don't know what to do. Part of me says leave her down and just sleep on the couch. UGH. Major UGH With Lester it will be a circus.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:48 am

Yes I feel the same, every day is a blessing. Knock on wood!

The things we do for our pets. I can barely carry 17 pounds up the stairs with torn muscles all over my body, laugh out loud I always ask my 11yr old, as I'm carrying him, who's going to carry me? laugh out loud

He does it on purpose though, if he feels like it, he'll boldt up the stairs like a rabbit, if he doesn't feel like it, he'll sit there and look at me.

Would she stay down if you went up?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:11 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Yes I feel the same, every day is a blessing. Knock on wood!

The things we do for our pets. I can barely carry 17 pounds up the stairs with torn muscles all over my body, laugh out loud I always ask my 11yr old, as I'm carrying him, who's going to carry me? laugh out loud

He does it on purpose though, if he feels like it, he'll boldt up the stairs like a rabbit, if he doesn't feel like it, he'll sit there and look at me.

Would she stay down if you went up?

She will stay down. She can't climb up without assist. I will be nervous. And Lester will be up with me. He might be upset. Ugh. It's a lose/lose either way. I can only play it by ear and hope for the best. Ka-dog(as Josh calls her) will be ok. I guess that is the win/win! Smiley

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 67 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby