SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 36 of 67 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 36 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by smartcat Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:04 pm

Oh my GA that went straight to my heart PINKHEART
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13952

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 36 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:22 pm

@smartcat I know. I watched it a few times. The first time I missed it, I think there were a few seconds where the monkey was sleeping on his lap. My gosh, so flippin adorable.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:58 am

GuardianAngel wrote:So cute!

Flynn is so beautiful.. However, having a Bichon myself I have to feel bad for him for all of the grooming that goes into him looking like this. If you've never had a Bichon or read up about them you have no clue what these poor fluffs goes through on a daily basis.
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:34 pm

@LoveDovez I know what you mean. I have a Shih Tzu, same goes for them.

This is so cute. Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 36 3806527698

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 36 1f49c Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 36 1f499

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Too cute, GA!
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Everyone needs to hangout with a pet and feel that love at some time in their lives. Maybe then they'll both share the same thought as the Doggie in this post
Just me and him is all it takes for happiness.
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13952

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:58 pm

We are probably going to be adding a Morkipoo to our family in about 2 weeks. She will be 8 weeks old then. Tentatively named Bailey. I will post pics when we get her.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:14 pm

Can't wait to see the pics!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:04 am

Oh my gosh!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:29 pm

LoveDovez wrote:

Flynn is so beautiful.. However, having a Bichon myself I have to feel bad for him for all of the grooming that goes into him looking like this. If you've never had a Bichon or read up about them you have no clue what these poor fluffs goes through on a daily basis.

Havanese show dogs are the same! Constant grooming, well, combing of the hair to keep it from getting matted. Having been to dog shows and hanging around the Havanese being shown, I can see why the breeder I got my dogs from only shows at most 2 dogs at a time. For her, it is keeping 1 or 2 dogs in the best shape rather than trying to keep up with many and have some that don't look good at all.

My breeder has a Westminster Breed Champion as well. My Peyton is descended from him. He actually had an amazing story as to how he became a breed champion at Westminster. It was totally unexpected for the breeder. Heck, she was just glad she had him there at all! Monte had escaped from a transfer between the breeder and her brother right before Christmas. He ran and they could not catch him. Looked for him for hours, then days. That year had over a foot of snowfall over Christmas. Posters were all over the place (they live in Toledo, Ohio) and a news station picked up on it right before the new year. A phone call came in on Jan 1 that someone at a junk yard thought maybe the dog that had been hanging around there might be this dog. Monte was white (like the Bichon in the pic) but the junk yard dog was very dirty. Turns out it was him. They got him but he was very skittish and kept running before her husband finally got a hold of him. He was oil soaked and now weighed about 8-9 pounds (normally around 13-14). Weight loss was his main problem and they had to go slowly to get him used to dog food again since he had been scavenging for food for over 10 days. Westminster was 5 weeks away. Kim gave him 2 or 3 baths a day the first week to try to get the oil out and condition his coat so she could comb the mats out. The baths were then down to 2 or 3 a week right up until they left for NYC. She spent hours just holding him and combing his coat. Took her almost the whole 5 weeks to get all the mats out. He had gained several pounds back by Westminster and his coat was looking awesome. He was up against some of the heavy hitters in the Havanese world as well and was only 2 years old. Kim was not expecting much at all. Someone actually got a photo of her in the crowd (a handler was showing Monte) when he was named BOB and it was pure shock. She said it was a good thing she was sitting down! He went on to sire many litters and has many champions in his lineage as well. He lived a good life but I believe cancer got him when he was about 12.

I can't keep up with the silky, long hair so my Havanese have always been kept in puppy cuts.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:19 pm

havadrpepper wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:

Havanese show dogs are the same!  Constant grooming, well, combing of the hair to keep it from getting matted.  Having been to dog shows and hanging around the Havanese being shown, I can see why the breeder I got my dogs from only shows at most 2 dogs at a time.  For her, it is keeping 1 or 2 dogs in the best shape rather than trying to keep up with many and have some that don't look good at all.

My breeder has a Westminster Breed Champion as well.  My Peyton is descended from him.  He actually had an amazing story as to how he became a breed champion at Westminster.  It was totally unexpected for the breeder. Heck, she was just glad she had him there at all!  Monte had escaped from a transfer between the breeder and her brother right before Christmas. He ran and they could not catch him.  Looked for him for hours, then days. That year had over a foot of snowfall over Christmas. Posters were all over the place (they live in Toledo, Ohio) and a news station picked up on it right before the new year.  A phone call came in on Jan 1 that someone at a junk yard thought maybe the dog that had been hanging around there might be this dog. Monte was white (like the Bichon in the pic) but the junk yard dog was very dirty.  Turns out it was him.  They got him but he was very skittish and kept running before her husband finally got a hold of him.  He was oil soaked and now weighed about 8-9 pounds (normally around 13-14).  Weight loss was his main problem and they had to go slowly to get him used to dog food again since he had been scavenging for food for over 10 days.  Westminster was 5 weeks away. Kim gave him 2 or 3 baths a day the first week to try to get the oil out and condition his coat so she could comb the mats out.  The baths were then down to 2 or 3 a week right up until they left for NYC.  She spent hours just holding him and combing his coat.  Took her almost the whole 5 weeks to get all the mats out.  He had gained several pounds back by Westminster and his coat was looking awesome. He was up against some of the heavy hitters in the Havanese world as well and was only 2 years old. Kim was not expecting much at all.  Someone actually got a photo of her in the crowd (a handler was showing Monte) when he was named BOB and it was pure shock. She said it was a good thing she was sitting down!  He went on to sire many litters and has many champions in his lineage as well.  He lived a good life but I believe cancer got him when he was about 12.

I can't keep up with the silky, long hair so my Havanese have always been kept in puppy cuts.

I loved this story. Thanks so much for posting it. I'm so glad they found their dog. I can't imagine losing Maks. He's my velcro dog anyway. laugh out loud
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 67 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby