SELECT CONTENT

Tanner & Jade Tolbert - BIP 2 - Discussion

Page 25 of 46 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tanner & Jade Tolbert - BIP 2 - Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: Tanner & Jade Tolbert - BIP 2 - Discussion

Post by Guest November 18th 2016, 10:59 pm

One couple on a past season earned $200,000 for being on MBC. Don't know what any of the contestants from this franchise made. Even Sean admits he and Catherine did it for the money since it was only 2 weeks out of their lives.

Back to top Go down

Tanner & Jade Tolbert - BIP 2 - Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: Tanner & Jade Tolbert - BIP 2 - Discussion

Post by Guest November 19th 2016, 12:11 am

Alanna wrote:But Jade and her mom seem very close? They've visited them in KC and she's frequently posted about her "beautiful" Mom. This is just...WOW.

It's the same thing with cat, as she basically described her sisters as being really verbally abusive to her when they were younger, but they're really close now. I've heard stories of people who are still close with relatives who sexually or physically abused them; it's just really hard for some people to cut family out of their life, especially if they change and/or apologize.

I also don't think she had intended to bring it up. Just like Sean and cat probably hadn't intended to bring up their crap. I mean, they get paid regardless. It's just that when you're in that therapy setting, it's hard to really be in control and not let anything slip. I don't think she owes her mom her silence anyways. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless November 19th 2016, 12:24 am

I think they just took the therapy part a bit too seriously. And just because you've forgiven the person who hurt you in the past, it doesn't mean the effects of that hurt aren't still a part of you and your relationships today. Both Jade and Tanner seem to have gone through a lot of crap growing up which probably explains some of their dysfunction. Hopefully they can help each other with those issues instead of combining them into an ever bigger issue.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick November 19th 2016, 12:30 am

Here is my problem with this show though they are all having to come up with something traumatic from their childhood and if I was on this show they would boo me out of the room because all I got is my grandma died when I was like 11 and I used to have nightmares that she would haunt me. Literally I got nothing compared to these people!

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze November 19th 2016, 1:23 am

The thing is, this is no real therapy. This is explotation of people's real issues, and their need for therapy. They both have these heavy issues hanging on them, they don't just get solved in two weeks of MBC. This show is just for $$$ for them. I SO hope they continue to go to therapy after this show, because they both need it.

I also don't thin they work as a couple, after watching all this. Jade continues to hear how worthless she is, now instead of her mother, it's from her husband. And Tanner continues to push down Jade and belittle her, because of his own insecurities his parents put him thtough. IMO,
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland November 19th 2016, 2:11 am

I think this is a case where it's no ones fault (as they appear to all have encountered some dysfunction), but it's just unfortunate life altering circumstances. It's a cycle of negativity. I hope Tanner and Jade can overcome this as individuals and as partners in their realationship. Same with their families. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva November 19th 2016, 11:42 am

@Cocoasneeze
I couldn't agree more. The pound of flesh turned into a truckload of work. Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe their eyes are open and they will get help. I have to wonder if the show provides sources to continue therapy post show

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by chi-girl November 19th 2016, 1:12 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:Seriously, that's so messed up. But you know what in this short clip got to me the most. Jade is simply telling him,  that she loves his mom, but that's not ok. His reply: 'Well, your mom isn't the greatest either!'  My mouth was hanging open at that. He just doesn't seem to like Jade at all. He's always so mean and cutting with her.

Tanners reply was voice over. He wasn't talking at the time.

I'm not defending them or their relationship. Just so much of this show is voice overs and slices and dices. I find it more noticable on this show than on other so called reality shows. I think it's because they tend to break-away from the shot when something off-putting is said and then go right back to the shot for a reaction. (Which could be a reaction to anything, for all we know.)

chi-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear November 19th 2016, 5:31 pm

I have ZERO respect for Jade or Tanner broadcasting such intimate issues publicly on TV for a $$paycheck$$. This is trainwreck TV not real therapy. IMO both Tanner and Jade need real therapy individually and together. I cannot even imagine how both awkward it must be for both sets of their parents to watch all their dirty laundry....flapping in the reality tv breeze for all to see. All parties involved need family therapy....real therapy in a private therapists office I hope Jade and Tanner are not seriously thinking of having a baby anytime soon. Yikes!
All JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by megaa November 20th 2016, 5:21 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
Alanna wrote:But Jade and her mom seem very close? They've visited them in KC and she's frequently posted about her "beautiful" Mom. This is just...WOW.

It's the same thing with cat, as she basically described her sisters as being really verbally abusive to her when they were younger, but they're really close now. I've heard stories of people who are still close with relatives who sexually or physically abused them; it's just really hard for some people to cut family out of their life, especially if they change and/or apologize.

I also don't think she had intended to bring it up. Just like Sean and cat probably hadn't intended to bring up their crap. I mean, they get paid regardless. It's just that when you're in that therapy setting, it's hard to really be in control and not let anything slip. I don't think she owes her mom her silence anyways. IMO.

I agree, especially with the bold. Even if they hug it out a million times over, the recovery process is like wading through cement. I don't think emotional damage can ever be undone. I do think gaining different perspectives makes it easier to live with, but that's just my personal experience.

megaa

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick December 3rd 2016, 10:15 pm

Anyone watch last night's episode? I just started it and man Jade is so messed up. I feel for her, I just want to give her a hug.... everyday.
Eta: Ohhh Jade got a little snappy there at the end and not at Tanner, but the show!

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 March 8th 2017, 12:32 pm

Bachelor in Paradise's Jade Roper Is Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Tanner Tolbert
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 46 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tanner & Jade Tolbert - BIP 2 - Discussion

+73
aviej
provenceguy
suzq
TrishB
Aria