SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 74 of 76 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

texas - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 74 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by sosleepy Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:43 pm

Ash2214 wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

I disagree. Famous or not, it doesn't make a difference. For example, one of the ones Alanna gave, that father was labeled as crazy because of his mental illness. Court documents were released with great detail in regards to the very, very scary and hostile events and it was printed in magazines and a whole bunch of articles online. They're still all there, by the way. That poor father, who seemingly got help, was pushed into the spotlight because of some very nasty events from the past. I'm sure that mortified him. It would for me.

That information was a whole lot worse than Jordan confirming he doesn't have much of a relationship with Aaron, which was already out there because of various reasons, one being a part of Aaron's camp. JMO

What Catherine's father went through (I'm assuming you are referring to Cat's dad) is horrible, not right. But 2 wrongs don't make a right. I can easily say both situations suck.

What I think @relaxing was getting at, and what I agree with, is that this Aaron Rodgers situation is different simply because he is so high profile and in the spotlight. I honestly don't remember much about Catherine's or Ashley's dad drama. It was mentioned, but it certainly wasn't a B storyline the way Aaron Rodgers has been made a storyline. It absolutely was not tabloid fodder the way this is for Aaron. It absolutely is not the same.

And regardless, just because this happened before with other families doesn't make it ok to happen again this time. I blame the show, but I also blame Jordan. He could have squashed any and all talk about Aaron. He could have had the decency to give Aaron a heads up. Something, anything. The entire situation is sad.

It's all whatever to me. It just would have been nice for Jordan to give a little heads up. That's all. And 150% Aaron being his brother is ABSOLUTELY why he was pursued by the show as a last minute addition.

I get relaxing's point and I still disagree with it. I still think having stories of an attempted suicide, verbal abuse to your family, and being forced into a mental institution, etc. in magazines and online articles is far worse than Jordan saying he doesn't have much of a relationship with Aaron, which again, was already speculated partly due to social media and Aaron's girlfriend openly talking about it in an interview. All Jordan and his brother Luke did during the HTD episode was say that they missed their brother. Luke went as far to say that he's hoping things go back to how they were.

Not that I mentioned anything about that in my post, but I'm assuming your last sentence is your opinion since there's no proof of that.

And I totally get your point. Like I said in my initial post, what Cat's dad got dragged into is horrible. That doesn't make what is going on with Aaron and his being dragged through mud and exploited for the sake of this show ok. Two wrongs don't make a right. In fact, if one is so outraged by Cat's situation, you might feel a little sympathy for this Aaron family estrangement situation. My main point at the beginning of this is a little courtesy could have been extended to Aaron to let him know what's up. He IS in the spotlight. And now he IS a storyline on a show without warning or his consent.

And per my opinion that Aaron Rodgers is absolutely the reason Jordan was pursued and pushed through casting so last minute (kind of a duh and captain obvious opinion, but you are right, my opinion none the less) wasn't meant to be in response to your post specifically. It was in response to other posts above. Sorry for my format confusion.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

texas - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 74 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by albean99 Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:00 pm

Okay one more comment on this topic and then I'm done. I imagine the Rodgers family has been under more of a spotlight in general because of Aaron being a star QB and also dating an actress than because of Jordan going on TB. Yes Fleiss has gone too far but I'm not seeing Aaron as a victim. He's had much worse press than this very mild rebuke from his family. All JMO.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15342

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:20 pm

@sosleepy, I don't feel much sympathy for Aaron and I don't think I have to just because I didn't like what happened to Catherine's father. I still stand by saying that having your issues that were so hostile because of your mental disease be brought to the forefront because of a reality television show is far worse than your younger brother saying he doesn't have much of a relationship with you. As stated in the post above, Aaron is famous and has had worse things said about him in the media and again, it's not like Jordan's words about his relationship with Aaron were a shock. A quick Google search and there's plenty of articles from over a year ago stating the same things that Jordan said. Plus, Aaron's girlfriend talked about it in an interview.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but I can absolutely think one is far worse than the other. I don't blame Catherine or Jordan for what happened. It's a produced television show.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:01 pm

All drama is just a part of life. Nobody's life is perfect. We've all been screwed up, are screwed up, or will get screwed up. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:05 pm

Nonina430 wrote:Mindless, I too would like to know how you surmised the
Rodgers family to be bigoted and close minded?
I haven't seen any indication of such. scratch

I haven't read Jordan's father's Facebook page myself, but someone on another board mentioned he'd posted some anti-muslim comments on it at some point. That's in stark contrast to Aaron calling out a fan for shouting an anti-muslim comment during a moment of silence after the Paris attacks. He called it "prejudicial ideology" to be precise. Then there are the views Jordan seems to have held during university at least, which were mentioned in that link I posted in his thread. More often than not such views are inherited from home, they don't just appear out of nowhere. Add to that the rumours about the family not liking Olivia because she "discussed" Aaron's sex life. All those things just paint a picture I don't like personally. I also didn't get the best vibe from them on the show, but that's just my opinion. Luke seems nice though.

I'm not saying they shut Aaron out or that they don't miss him. He's their son, so I'm sure they love him and want to have a relationship with him, but on whose terms? Maybe they wanted it on their terms until Aaron cut off contact and now they don't know how to fix things and build bridges. It's unfortunate, but based on what I've seen I'm more inclined to give Aaron the benefit of the doubt, and I didn't even know he existed before Jordan was announced as a contestant, so it's not fan bias or anything. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:13 pm

So according to a comment made under RS's post yesterday there was someone who had "insider info" on the Rodgers family and they claim-
"Jordan and his old GF were tight with Aaron & Olivia Munn. So much so that Olivia hired GF as a personal assistant. When Jordan cheated Aaron & Olivia found out, so Oliva told the GF. So there is the reason Jordan and Aaron do not speak. Aaron was not happy when Jordan went on he show feeling he was only trying to promote himself on Aaron’s success. Also, the older brother Luke was caught talking crap about Aaron in a popular Chico bar and word got back to Aaron. Family and former coaches were involved and Luke told he F’d up. Another Rodgers not so well kept secret is that the parents are not a fan of Olivia Munn."

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:20 pm

^^^ This reads like any of us could have come up with that post. hardly insider information imo.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:02 am

^^ Yah...I agree... just thought I'd post as it is more plausible than them falling out because the family holds conservative views! Or that Olivia mentioned their sex life... IMO the most interesting point was when JoJo was speaking to Jordan's bro and Luke ended with saying that Jordan was loyal to family (was that in contrast to Aaron?) and then when she spoke to his Dad he mentions fame (I heard frakenbiting on this next part) but he is made to say fame changes people...hmm!

BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:45 am

It's funny because this isn't even Aaron Rodgers first Bachelor connection. He dated Shawntel Newton (Brad 2.0) sister on and off for years I believe. He was her date to Shawntels wedding.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:06 am

Ash2214 wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:

I disagree. Famous or not, it doesn't make a difference. For example, one of the ones Alanna gave, that father was labeled as crazy because of his mental illness. Court documents were released with great detail in regards to the very, very scary and hostile events and it was printed in magazines and a whole bunch of articles online. They're still all there, by the way. That poor father, who seemingly got help, was pushed into the spotlight because of some very nasty events from the past. I'm sure that mortified him. It would for me.

That information was a whole lot worse than Jordan confirming he doesn't have much of a relationship with Aaron, which was already out there because of various reasons, one being a part of Aaron's camp. JMO

What Catherine's father went through (I'm assuming you are referring to Cat's dad) is horrible, not right. But 2 wrongs don't make a right. I can easily say both situations suck.

What I think @relaxing was getting at, and what I agree with, is that this Aaron Rodgers situation is different simply because he is so high profile and in the spotlight. I honestly don't remember much about Catherine's or Ashley's dad drama. It was mentioned, but it certainly wasn't a B storyline the way Aaron Rodgers has been made a storyline. It absolutely was not tabloid fodder the way this is for Aaron. It absolutely is not the same.

And regardless, just because this happened before with other families doesn't make it ok to happen again this time. I blame the show, but I also blame Jordan. He could have squashed any and all talk about Aaron. He could have had the decency to give Aaron a heads up. Something, anything. The entire situation is sad.

It's all whatever to me. It just would have been nice for Jordan to give a little heads up. That's all. And 150% Aaron being his brother is ABSOLUTELY why he was pursued by the show as a last minute addition.

I get relaxing's point and I still disagree with it. I still think having stories of an attempted suicide, verbal abuse to your family, and being forced into a mental institution, etc. in magazines and online articles is far worse than Jordan saying he doesn't have much of a relationship with Aaron, which again, was already speculated partly due to social media and Aaron's girlfriend openly talking about it in an interview. All Jordan and his brother Luke did during the HTD episode was say that they missed their brother. Luke went as far to say that he's hoping things go back to how they were.

Not that I mentioned anything about that in my post, but I'm assuming your last sentence is your opinion since there's no proof of that.

And just now I read above the alleged details regarding the mental health of a former contestant's father. Information I had not been aware of, truth or not, prior to a few minutes ago. I didn't need to know this but now I do. I wish I hadn't read it here, on a public forum, easily searchable by Google and the like. The fact of this is immense and powerful. I myself lose sight of that but this example was a blinding one. I must remember this and think before I type and then read what I have typed and then contemplate before I click post. Because I hadn't really gotten it until now.

I am not judging the right of anyone to comment however they want here. Nor am I saying it is anyone's responsibility to edit what they think or say here because I may read something I would have preferred I didn't know. I am here at my own risk. But this really made me stop and think about the unintentional ripples that can occur when stating an opinion or making an argument.

OT, but when I was a teen I wrote a short entry to a column in a newsletter that was printed and circulated throughout a relatively small organization, which I knew would happen. What I didn't know was that 25 years later technology would enable that newsletter to be electronically scanned and entered into a searchable database, by my name, for all the world to read. Not what I had intended. JMO

Last edited by hopelessly_devoted on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:25 am

In CH's interview he said TPTB did not know about the Aaron - Jordan estrangement until Jordan told them about it....after being cast. Jordan should have been more discrete because his publicizing the feud creates a bigger chasm and reflects more negatively on Jordan than Aaron. Once he told TPTB it was destined to become a big part of the storyline. I think he thought it would make Aaron look bad but the opposite has happened. Just read the numerous articles released in the sports world and tabloids this past few weeks.

From the time Jordan was announced pre filming as being on this season of the Bachelorette....he was known as Aaron Rodgers brother. Without that relationship..Jordan would have been just like any other unknown cast member showing up to the meet and greet.     JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by shaughnessyb Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:30 am

^Actually, CH said in his interview that he found out about the estrangement from producers. He was going to tell
Jordan how he'd been golfing with Aaron, but tptb warned him not to since the two don't talk.
shaughnessyb
shaughnessyb

Female Posts : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 76 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 8 - July 18th - HTDs - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+74
SarahD
RealityEscape
Longhornfan
Seabear
Cecilia
ironcat
Luvstruck
luvstx
pavalygurl
Cocoasneeze
albean99