SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 63 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

leatherpants - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media -  *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Just FYI: posts about s/caps have been copied/moved to the S/cap thread here for further sleuthing and discussion.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

leatherpants - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media -  *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:02 pm

brownravens wrote:HMM That NI article has really thrown everyone for a loop - not just us! There are a couple of things bothering me -
1. Why choose those particular images? The article makes it clear that they have plenty to choose from - esp the unhappy GL/Matty. Is it foreshadowing? Do you not know the actual winner because FRC was more locked down?
2. Why release F2 article this Monday? Channel 10 won't be happy and they have basically ruined Hometown week which sucks...

Ok this is my take on this after Richie's season. Because of the leaked pics for Sam/Sasha by DM, channel ten IMO, have done a deal with DM as to what they can print in terms of pics and articles for perhaps in exchange for a hefty lawsuit. But the problem is Photogs are freelance and they are able to now sell the photos to organisations such as Diimex and Matrix Media so any mag can buy them. As was the case for Womans Day/NI printing the pics of Nikki in Bali when channel ten went to extremes to hide her from promos at HTD or FD but promoted her heavily as the winner. It was in fact a win win for their storyline as such, purely because people became even more convinced if she was in Bali, she has to be the winner. So the leaked pics haven't necessarily ruined anything for Channel ten as two of the favoured contestants are in the top 2. That is why we suddenly have a change in edit for the F2 IMO. We previously saw the F2 had a mediocre edit or something was just a bit off with them so if you look at Lana, Michael, Lisa and the F1 was a favourite so people were happy with the outcome and the F4/F3 usually get the fan favourite edit Richie, Heather. Its now switched to the F2. It worked to their advantaged in terms of keeping people from knowing the real F1 when the F2 was featured so prominently in the media with leaked BTS kisses, articles of her slipping up which in my opinion was staged by the production team for that very purpose and the F2 becomes the crowd favourite. Who do I think is the F1 with this theory, I will have to see the edit for Lee's date and HTD. If it plays out that people don't seem as thrilled with him or he starts to look a little off, I'm going with Lee as F1. The same goes with Matty. He is has become the crowd favourite so if he continues with the same loveable edit, he is F2. If it starts to switch and he becomes mediocre or a little off in comparison to Lee then he is the F1 IMO.

As for the pic they chose. Well that may be telling that WD/NI know who the F1 is so it can go 2 ways. They chose that pic because she has chosen Matty and a future article will come out stating she chose Matty but she really wanted Courtney/ Lee/Cameron/Jake take your pick as they do for all seasons. We saw it with Richies, Sam W, Sam F seasons. Or Lee is F1 and they are showing that it just didn't work out with Matty. Do I think they know the winner, yes as does DM IMO. I think they have bought the suitcase photos already as they did with Richie's and will print them a couple of days before the finale as they did previously. What do I think the production team need to do from now on in? Hard to say, if you have the final dates in open international locations, its very hard to try and keep them shielded all the time but one things for certain, they need to issue the final 3 with the same black suitcase before departing for their final date destination.

Thats a damn long theory, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:14 pm

Oops forgot to mention with my theory.  By making the F1 look sub par to the F2, the production team is under the real threat of losing viewers, sponsorship and effectively money in the end.  So it is a very fine line.  They were in fact lucky that Richie's season was well into  it and the viewers were already unhappy with Alex, that they were able to lighten Georgia's F1 edit or change the edit completely.  Unless its Courtney that comes back from the dead and is F1, and if that is the case they will be heavily under fire and have so few viewers next season, the show may in fact be on the chopping block IMO.

So the question remains, did they learn their lesson from last season and give the F1 a favourable edit and in turn be the crowd favourite or have they gone with my theory above and have the F1 edit as sub par to F2. We will just have to wait and see.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:19 pm

There's always the option that it wasn't really the edit but just how Alex came across that made her disliked since she was so over the top.

She always seemed "on" and like she was on a soap opera which was her own behavior and not edit so I wonder if the editing team had no choice but to work with what they had since she was F1 so no way to really edit her dramatic self out?
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:25 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:There's always the option that it wasn't really the edit but just how Alex came across that made her disliked since she was so over the top. That wasn't edit that was her own behavior so I wonder if the editing team had no choice but to work with what they had since she was F1 so no way to really edit her dramatic self out?

She was shown crying quite a lot which ramped up her clingy/ jealous edit and as a number of the girls stated in articles including Noni on the Project who said she cried more than Alex so she was unsure why they showed her like that. Olena, Steph and Georgia all said the same. In fact Georgia in an article stated she was told by producers to ramp up the drama about Alex and the white rose and she flat out refused so IMO definitely edited.

Also interestingly, Olena and Steph also said Nikki really wasn't quite in the house at all but she was portrayed in that way and in fact their comments were reminiscent of Jake and Clancy's comments about Lee. Editing IMO plays a very big hand in displaying a personality or type.

@RomComet you can probably explain things more articulately in regards to editing more than I can. Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:30 pm

I think edit sometimes can play a role but is not the total picture. The editors can only work with what they have.

Back to Georgia's season: Sam in interview said before the show aired that he would be the villain of the season and yet the audience didn't turn on him so sometimes I think audiences can respond to personalities differently regardless of edit.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:38 pm

Thanks so much for the awesome responses @Fifty! You've given me a lot of food for thought about the edits and network/tabloid relationship.

I'm not sure Channel 10 would portray a F1 as poorly as Alex again - both Matty and Lee have good edits atm and I doubt that's going to change too drastically.

AU audiences hardly turn against the villains if they're considered sharp-tongued and funny (Keira/Sam), they only are against those that are annoying (Sandra from Sam W's season).

Last edited by brownravens on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:55 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:There's always the option that it wasn't really the edit but just how Alex came across that made her disliked since she was so over the top.

She always seemed "on" and like she was on a soap opera which was her own behavior and not edit so I wonder if the editing team had no choice but to work with what they had since she was F1 so no way to really edit her dramatic self out?
ITA that Alex doesn't help herself with her over the top reactions, but it's still edit IMO. They could have shown more of her fun side or romance with Richie. And they should not have focused so much on Nikki being Australia's sweetheart edit. In the HTD with Nikki, during the goodbye scene with Richie, they played her VO that she hoped this would be her love story (accompanied by sweeping orchestral music). I mean if you weren't team Nikki before then, it's hard not to root for her at that point.

This season they have toned down the misdirection and has been quite straight forward IMO. Lee and Matty are the absolute front-runners now based on edit. Courtney too, but he hasn't shown his interest so the audience is not backing him. Poor Courtney, I've seen worse comments for him than for Sam.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:59 pm

makeover wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:There's always the option that it wasn't really the edit but just how Alex came across that made her disliked since she was so over the top.

ITA that Alex doesn't help herself with her over the top reactions, but it's still edit IMO. They could have shown more of her fun side or romance with Richie. And they should not have focused so much on Nikki being Australia's sweetheart edit. In the HTD with Nikki, during the goodbye scene with Richie, they played her VO that she hoped this would be her love story (accompanied by sweeping orchestral music). I mean if you weren't team Nikki before then, it's hard not to root for her at that point.

This season's edit they have toned down the misdirection and has been quite straight forward IMO. Lee and Matty the absolute front-runners now based on edit. Courtney too, but he hasn't shown his interest so the audience is not backing him. Poor Courtney, I've seen worse comments for him than for Sam.

Absolutely agree..  If you take Sam from this season for instance, they could have ramped up his villain edit and cut out his joking around but they have been quite subdued with it and he has ended up quite favourable with the crowd.  Even though its reality tv, everyone has a character to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:14 am

Fifty wrote:Oops forgot to mention with my theory.  By making the F1 look sub par to the F2, the production team is under the real threat of losing viewers, sponsorship and effectively money in the end.  So it is a very fine line.  They were in fact lucky that Richie's season was well into  it and the viewers were already unhappy with Alex, that they were able to lighten Georgia's F1 edit or change the edit completely.  Unless its Courtney that comes back from the dead and is F1, and if that is the case they will be heavily under fire and have so few viewers next season, the show may in fact be on the chopping block IMO.

So the question remains, did they learn their lesson from last season and give the F1 a favourable edit and in turn be the crowd favourite or have they gone with my theory above and have the F1 edit as sub par to F2. We will just have to wait and see.

Great posts @Fifty and I agree with your thoughts re: the press/DM already having had their 'leaked' photos on file for a while and releasing them in stages, IMO either via agreement with Ch 10 or on their own schedule to maximise sales/page views. It'll be interesting to see what comes out in the media next week.

Re: making F1 look sub par – Matty has been given a Golden Boy edit to date so I don't think he could be seen as second best in anyone's eyes if he's F1, and I imagine this week's episodes will bring Lee's story home equally strong.  We were shown their immediate connection and have seen him struggle with insecurities since then - the time is right to reconcile those two storylines into one big romantic, swoon-worthy episode.  I suspect it will just end up looking like she has two incredibly above-par options.

I do now think Courtney will make a re-appearance but can't for a second see him being F1 - I seriously think they'd need to leave the country if that happened!  More likely IMO he will serve as a (sub-par) contrast between what she thought she wanted at the start of the show, and the person she choses at the end, be it Lee or Matty.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:29 am

Bobette wrote:
Fifty wrote:Oops forgot to mention with my theory.  By making the F1 look sub par to the F2, the production team is under the real threat of losing viewers, sponsorship and effectively money in the end.  So it is a very fine line.  They were in fact lucky that Richie's season was well into  it and the viewers were already unhappy with Alex, that they were able to lighten Georgia's F1 edit or change the edit completely.  Unless its Courtney that comes back from the dead and is F1, and if that is the case they will be heavily under fire and have so few viewers next season, the show may in fact be on the chopping block IMO.

Great posts @Fifty and I agree with your thoughts re: the press/DM already having had their 'leaked' photos on file for a while and releasing them in stages, IMO either via agreement with Ch 10 or on their own schedule to maximise sales/page views. It'll be interesting to see what comes out in the media next week.

Re: making F1 look sub par – Matty has been given a Golden Boy edit to date so I don't think he could be seen as second best in anyone's eyes if he's F1, and I imagine this week's episodes will bring Lee's story home equally strong.  We were shown their immediate connection and have seen him struggle with insecurities since then - the time is right to reconcile those two storylines into one big romantic, swoon-worthy episode.  I suspect it will just end up looking like she has two incredibly above-par options.

I do now think Courtney will make a re-appearance but can't for a second see him being F1 - I seriously think they'd need to leave the country if that happened!  More likely IMO he will serve as a (sub-par) contrast between what she thought she wanted at the start of the show, and the person she choses at the end, be it Lee or Matty.

Spot on @Bobette Im about to post some articles in Matty's thread. They are all suggesting he is going to be the next Nikki. So interesting to see what happens but if they dont start ramping up Lee's story they still may end up with some backlash and lost viewers for next season if you have a look at the articles.

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:40 am

Another thing to look out for is the screen caps posted on official SM accounts with the quotes. For F2, they usually have quotes from contestant's POV, while for F1, it's from the lead's POV.

Last edited by makeover on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 80 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+43
anadimi23
richmond1
lightredemption
coconutgurl
Joy15
Just Looking
solaroo
RomComet
notarose
Cetamy
BlackHalo