SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

copolitics - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Cila51290 Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm kind of glad he's not running anymore. It just seemed way too soon. I'd understand running for office maybe 3-4 more bachelor seasons later but he's literally the most recent one and still very popular. I don't think it bodies well for the network especially Ben running as a Republican right now. If their reality show is still happening, I'm glad it won't have the political stuff anymore.

Maybe it was conflict of interest with ABC and him running for office. I don't think he would be able to do both like he thought he would. JMO

Last edited by Cila51290 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

copolitics - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 11 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Seabear Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:08 pm

The smartest thing to do in a Press Release is keep it simple and Do Not Go Into Detail. I think Ben's team accomplished that. I also think a political run is better a few years down the line after Ben and Lauren are more settled in their lives. IMO this is a blessing in disguise. Ben and Lauren HEA can proceed without any political baggage in our current USA political stormy seas.
JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:10 pm

casjacknick wrote:Another thing, have we seen cameras since the fourth? I just get the weird feeling they could have pulled the happily ever show too. I assumed they had cameras at their engagement party and Lauren's lunch with Trista, anyone know if we have photographic proof?
There was very little posted on IG from their engagement party from friends/family. The majority of pictures that surfaced were from the photographer that captured the event. In the fan thread, we discussed that the cameras were probably there because we saw such little social media postings from the event or it was more of a private event. But no, we have not seen any pictures with cameras in the background, but the majority of social media pics are fan pics, and IMO if there was a camera crew nearby they would step away from the camera during a fan pic. JMO.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AmoreBella Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Joe St. George
Joe St. George – Verified account ‏@JoeStGeorge

Things I learned from Bachelor Ben source-Disney lawyers very powerful and don't want their hit franchises muddied with politics #copolitics
11:30 AM - 22 Jul 2016
10 RETWEETS33 LIKES

AmoreBella

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:35 pm

ABC probably wants to show how powerful they are by making an example of Ben. That's why it went as far as this rather than nipping it in the bud when it first started coming out. That's how evil corporate America is that can pay millions to expensive lawyers.

Ben is smart enough not to jeopardize his and Lauren's future. If he's passionate about this and meant for him, he'll get another opportunity to do so in the future.

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:45 pm

It is ridiculous that abc threatened him to take away the bachelor cash and his tv wedding will stop to show too laugh out loud. I can't believe they need to say that in public.But again what would Ben reasons if they don't say what abc did to let him withdraw his candidacy. To me abc should react before the new show offered to them that they don't want politics to be involved with their upcoming show instead of telling him to withdraw his candidacy after the day he signed to run. It just a weird timing.jmo.

copolitics - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 11 Eb97c9
copolitics - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 11 9zt107copolitics - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 11 Xgicuccopolitics - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 11 Oaw2uvcopolitics - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 11 2pqw5k8copolitics - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 11 30szzaucopolitics - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 11 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:12 pm

We don't know this for a fact although could see why ABC wouldn't want politics related to the show. I'm glad he's not doing it. Seemed too early in their relationship imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15332

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:33 pm

casjacknick wrote:I don't know how ABC didn't know about it. He talked about it in a lot of interviews regarding his new show.

Maybe they didn't take him seriously until he finally did it? Tbh..I didn't really take him seriously until he finally did it laugh out loud.

But anyways, it makes sense that Disney would pull the plug if that is the rumor. Politics is messy and with the recent politic news..Disney won't be painted in a good light. Or Ben could bite the bullet and not be paid... but if it's millions of dollars ABC is giving him, I'd personally wait.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:54 pm

I guess there's no proof of this, but it makes sense for the reasons others have mentioned. I don't blame Ben for picking money over getting involved in politics if that's what happened.

They should be looking at it as a blessing in disguise. Filming another reality television show and getting involved with politics less than six months after being able to be in public together? Yeah, not smart. IMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:56 am

Rosepetal wrote:According to my twitter feed, It seems like Mike Fleiss's and Mill's political views don't align with Ben's. I wonder if that had anything to do with Ben pulling out of the race.

BINGO !! :yes:
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:49 am

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_579264b4e4b01180b52ee0fb

June 21, 2016: Higgins sends a letter to Colorado GOP leaders announcing his new reality show on Freeform with his fiancée, Lauren Bushnell. In said letter, he talks about the show and how it “represents a unique opportunity for spreading our message of less government and more personal freedom to even more people.”

IMO, this particular misstep gave Disney sufficient grounds to unleash the legal team on Ben H.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:59 am

Another interesting tidbit gleened from this debacle.

copolitics - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 11 Image32

I would assume that the two years would commence upon betrothal. Because Disney owns the media rights to a marriage ceremony between the parties for two years, the couple would be unable to shop it elsewhere during that time. JMO, assuming the statement in the tweet is accurate.

I am interested to see if Disney now pulls the plug on this project.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq