SELECT CONTENT

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Page 2 of 75 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by Frymama Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:51 pm

MiniDiva wrote:I caught that too.  The goodbyes/hugs were probably edited out due to re-takes, whatever.  That was an awful way to say goodbye to the family if it is real, IMO.  Didn't we miss the private talk between JoJo and his parents, she didn't talk with his sister?  I think they left alot out partially due to the big crowd in the beginning.  At least they got the sunset and rose petal heart in EVEN if Luke did not spell out ILY to JoJo in rose petals.  :sprinklehearts

We did not see talks with them but know them happened in pics. I would have liked to have seen them, as they were only talks we didn't see, but honestly I definitely would have rather seen all the romantic stuff.

What was weird was that it didn't cut away or anything on that shot; they just walked off, and it looked like they walked right over from that location to car with its being dark, but I guess technically that could have been edited, too...can't remember. However, you have to be right that the could not have just done their goodbyes that way and there was some kind of goodbye that was edited out. Thanks for helping me piece that together because it was really, really weird to me because Mama Pell just sat there and watched them get up, and IMO it did not come off very warmly. Yet, I met her at that meet and greet and she seriously could be one of the nighest most welcoming women I have ever met in my life, and she was like that to every person she encountered...so it was just really throwing me off. Smiley I bet something happened there, and they just had to shoot that little part again and just had them get up and walk away because that would be awkward to have them hug and say goodbye again or something.
Frymama
Frymama

Back to top Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:55 pm

MiniDiva wrote:I caught that too.  The goodbyes/hugs were probably edited out due to re-takes, whatever.  That was an awful way to say goodbye to the family if it is real, IMO.  Didn't we miss the private talk between JoJo and his parents, she didn't talk with his sister?  I think they left alot out partially due to the big crowd in the beginning.  At least they got the sunset and rose petal heart in EVEN if Luke did not spell out ILY to JoJo in rose petals.  :sprinklehearts

we did not see jojo and luke riding horses ALONE.. she had her alone time, probably before they were on this hay bench.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIAklfXgzGa/?taken-by=lukepellforbachelor
lukepellforbachelor IG

this hometown was edited big time because Luke had his purpose... think about how long we saw robby hometwon versus chase (we did not see them playing hockey too right?) and luke? where was the O SO MUCH DRAMA about Aaron at Jordan's hometown? The whole episode was IMO all about robby and his EX.

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 1646190589

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Luke's date wasn't any shorter than Jordan or Chase's.  Robby may have had a few extra minutes.  Kasha timed them, so the exact time is in the epi thread.  But IMO, they had to cut Luke's HTD because he's the focus of the RC.  He had to have time to confess and Jo have her melt down.  And then TPTB still couldn't edit the whole epi in, in under the 2 hour time limit.  Rolling Eyes

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:03 pm

I did notice the goodbye/leave the table as being unusual and immediately thought that was an obvious "retake" which we know they do.

Regarding Luke's time serving our country, I think that is an experience that shaped who he is but doesn't exclusively define who he is today.  He has many different layers to him and I believe he is reserved and not overly demonstrative with emotion.  He admitted in the Glamour interview article that his primary concern going in to the show is to "over-edit" himself and not be himself on camera.  To me, he was on guard and had his reserve up and we didn't get to see his silly goofy side that some of us know exists.  Frankly by the time he said ILY to JoJo, it was "in the bubble" and I don't think he would have rushed that in real life.  Simply put. Luke and JoJo are not meant to be, IMO.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:08 pm

I agree MiniDiva, there is nothing else to add on this: luke and jojo are not meant to be. and this is also my opinion

regarding the short luke hometown, they cut the horse riding... because it was a double from last episode which I am still convinced was a last minute addition because she choose to keep james. Everything was so not elaborate and so blah even though it broadcast luke perfectly it was something to discover at his hometown, the guy he is. and of course they cut the parents because his edits were not needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:13 pm

They've had short dates on the day of the RC before, so I don't think it was a last minute add on date.  It was planned in advance and he was given it becasue he was not in jeopardy of going home.  James had to go first.  JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:13 pm

do we know the airtime on TV for each please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:16 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:They've had short dates on the day of the RC before, so I don't think it was a last minute add on date.  It was planned in advance and he was given it becasue he was not in jeopardy of going home.  James had to go first.  JMO

this is the country of haciendas everywhere... horses is part of their culture (gaucho remember?)

then finding a skeet shooting in the area... that was probably not that difficult to find

a horse riding in the nature.... then a barn???

honestly? I do not think it took more than a few hours to settle this. oh and lets not forget the lame excuse to justify the no romantic dinner

and the SAME DAY as the RC

Even luke was surprised to go back to the hotel on top of jordan and chase so early for a single date

Last edited by HEA on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:17 pm

To me there are more blatant omissions in Luke's story and that is that he lives part time in Nashville as a song writer/performer in the city of Nashville, he is a musician/singer/band leader in Texas on the road taking gigs and has even played for former President Bush.  I know he wanted her to get to know his heart which are his people in Burnet, but there is a sizable portion of his life which is a biggie that was never addressed on camera.  Did TPTB want his main story to be the country boy war veteran and not the worldly city dwelling performer that he is?  
Things don't add up for me with his personal story -- not to mention JoJo's relationship with him. Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 2292733854
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:20 pm

MiniDiva wrote:To me there are more blatant omissions in Luke's story and that is that he lives part time in Nashville as a song writer/performer in the city of Nashville, he is a musician/singer/band leader in Texas on the road taking gigs and has even played for former President Bush.  I know he wanted her to get to know his heart which are his people in Burnet, but there is a sizable portion of his life which is a biggie that was never addressed on camera.  Did TPTB want his main story to be the country boy war veteran and not the worldly city dwelling performer that he is?  
Things don't add up for me with his personal story  -- not to mention JoJo's relationship with him.  Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 2 2292733854

completely... luke liked this

Joe Cristiano ‏@insiderjoe24 Jul 17
Are we going to ever adress the fact that luke's occupation is a "war veteran" om the bachelorette?  What exactly is that.

and I am sure it was a frustration for him since he is a rising country artist.

ETA: but I also think that not addressing that he is a war veteran (only his intro) was ALSO as much as a frustration

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:31 pm

HEA wrote:do we know the airtime on TV for each please?
I have it marked from start to stop time in the thread for each. I hate to say --go back and check it out, but there is no other way to respond.  :gotcha:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:35 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
HEA wrote:do we know the airtime on TV for each please?
I have it marked from start to stop time in the thread for each. I hate to say --go back and check it out, but there is no other way to respond.  :gotcha:

which thread? can you kindly direct me as many conversation are simultaneously going on now. thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 75 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

+94
notarose
limoncello
Idlemess
KB_Mom
BlackHalo