SELECT CONTENT

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Page 16 of 75 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 45 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 16 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by Kashathediva Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:32 pm

FWIW this is my opinion, I go for a job interview. I am qualified. In my opinion I have excellent qualifications for the job. I do not get the job. I don't know why. It's not the fault of the guy who gets the job instead of me. Who knows what qualities the people interviewing for said position were looking for.
Same goes if I apply for a college and don't get in. My parents don't take it out on my classmate who does get it.
This is another one of those things. It's happened to many cast besides Luke. He is not the only one. I thank him for his service to the USA. But one does not mean deserving or guarantee of the other.
In the cast pool, he is another contestant and like others who walked the walk before him, sometimes you make it and sometimes you don't.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 16 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by albean99 Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:32 pm

I don't see Nick as more deserving or sincere no matter what they say. Going on tv 3 times could just mean that he likes being on tv. I'm sure Luke will have all the dates he wants and hopefully will book plenty of gigs to make up for the ones he missed by believing TPTB.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15257

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovequest Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:58 pm

I so agree with you Kasha. Casting knew what they were looking for and what kind of lead they wanted this time around and in the end it wasn't Luke. I don't know if he knew others were being considered. He should have known with all that tweeting and clues from Fleiss. Maybe he felt he was a sure thing because of the bachelor edit they gave him

Lovequest

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:05 pm

Lovequest wrote:I so agree with you Kasha. Casting knew what they were looking for and what kind of lead they wanted this time around and in the end it wasn't Luke. I don't know if he knew others were being considered. He should have known with all that tweeting and clues from Fleiss. Maybe he felt he was a sure thing because of the bachelor edit they gave him

He said in an interview that they told him that he'd hear of others being up for the job but not to worry about that because he was the one (or words to that effect). He said that he was worried but they had convinced him it was happening by the time he had his flight booked to come to L.A. for the announcement. He did the best he could to be sure but they pulled the rug out from under him nonetheless.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15257

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:47 am

Thanks @MiaHawk . bestbud!  The interview I am talking about happened yesterday between CH and Nancy O'Dell for ET. The headline for the ET article EXCLUSIVE: Chris Harrison on Why Luke Pell Isn't The Bachelor: 'Sincerity Is Huge to Us. CH said among other things.. "Luke was definitely the frontrunner, it's not an indictment on Luke that he's not the Bachelor. That doesn't make him a bad guy. We can just only have one person and, at the end of the day, it's very important for us to have someone who is sincere. Who is sincerely going to go through this and, I hate to be cliche, for the right reasons try to find love?"
Nancy in a voiceover then said a Bachelor insider told her Luke was only concerned about his own aspirations and country music career as well as $$$.
The article/interview also said Harrison wouldn't go into exact detail on why Viall was chosen over Pell, but did say this: "If we did make that last minute decision to go with Nick, there's a reason...at the end of the day , sincerity is huge to us...Who's ready to find love and go on this journey and who might have ulterior motives and might want to go in a different business direction with all this?"
The article and video article went on longer but CH was his particularly smug self and alluded over and over that Luke was not sincere. Frankly the whole interview was BS IMO. Luke was obviously not going to be a willing puppet and they cut him for someone who would and probably for less $$$ IMO. It is easy for Nick to decide in 2 days because IMO his schedule is very clear since IMO for the last year is job is being part of Bachelor nation. To me...this is however not about Nick being chosen and Luke being rejected...but IMO rather about How the Franchise treats people with zero respect. The gig was ultimately not given to Luke...AOK. But I have in All Sincerity NO RESPECT for CH or MF on how they purport themselves IRL. They are both vapid, shallow and rude IMO.  
Sincerity is one thing that the Franchise does not care about IMO. I believe they care about drama and sex and who can be their next victim....IMO. Two of the most insincere people on the planet are CH and MF...IMO.
The Franchise likes to cast people they can manipulate and IMO Luke was not an easily mark in that area. I don't think they liked that. Probably similar to Arie. Neither Luke nor Arie NEED the Franchise because they both have/had career paths separate from the Bach/Ette/BIP lifestyle track.
I don't see Luke as lacking sincerity in any way. I believe he truly was interested in JoJo and would have been sincere in looking for his woman in the capacity of the Bachelor. Luke said in a recent interview that he explicitly asked to not have his singing career mentioned last season...because he takes his career seriously and did not want to appear to look as though he was using the show for his career. So for what it is worth I call BS on CH.
Like I said in my previous post...MF can hire whomever he wants. His prerogative. I just don't like how the jerk people around with blatant disregard. For someone who is an entrepreneur and has to cancel jobs...these kind of underhanded business practices have consequences. IMO it is why the franchise likes to cast people who are not interested in returning to their former lifestyles.
I have a very close friend who was an Army ranger and after he was done with the atrocities he Lived in the Middle East...he sought a life in the arts as an outlet for the darkness of his PTSD. I think in part this is why I have extreme appreciation for the men and women who serve in the military. As a civilian IMO I/we owe and enormous debt of gratitude for the sacrifices they make on our behalf. I also know this is why I take extreme exception to scum like CH questioning Luke's character. I'm sure in CH's life sacrifice means playing golf on a public course rather than an exclusive country club. To me whether in business or pleasure Respect is tantamount....and the Franchise has none.
And Art Heals. Smiley
All JMO.
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:43 am

@seabear
I understand your frustration with MF and CH.  I think of MF as Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now and CH as Preacher Eli Sunday from There Will Be Blood. Karma finally got those two, and MF and CH will get theirs someday, too. IMO
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:42 am

Great post, Seabear. Unfortunately we sometimes forget this is just mindless entertainment (or that is how I personally view it) into which we have been suckered for the past "X" years. And I say that as someone who has watched Bach since the beginning.

MF is out to make money by attracting sponsors to his programs. He holds the marionette strings and CH and the staff are his willing minions. They ride roughshod over those who participate in their programs. How many seasons does it take to figure that out? Not too many IMHO.

And still we watch.......

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:16 am

I am glad Luke is not the lead, but they do not need to question Luke's sincerity to build up Nick. I'll leave my opinions of Nick in his thread. All JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:11 pm

@seabear
One of my meanings of my avi is to say Kiss my *** to TPTB. Everytime you see my avi, you can think of my feelings and the feelings of many other viewers who equally dislike the tactics used by TPTB.

Their bottom line is the almighty dollar, and I understand that it is business to them. They have 100% the right to choose who they want for their lead and contestants. It goes beyond that, however, into suggesting things (positive or negative) about people's characters that DO influence the public's general opinions of these people. for the most part, I think the sincerity comments were made to try to sway the Nick skeptics into being on his side. Or at mimum, they were made to stir up the waters. They know that Nick is very controversial and THAT is probably the biggest reason they picked him. IMO

My hope is that those who have been treated less than kindly by TPTB will never forget and never turn back. Luke has a better chance to live a good life without them. I truly believe that. Meanwhile, Viva la Luna! Kiss my ***, TPTB!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:Great post, Seabear.  Unfortunately we sometimes forget this is just mindless entertainment (or that is how I personally view it) into which we have been suckered for the past "X" years.  And I say that as someone who has watched Bach since the beginning.

MF is out to make money by attracting sponsors to his programs.  He holds the marionette strings and CH and the staff are his willing minions.  They ride roughshod over those who participate in their programs.  How many seasons does it take to figure that out?  Not too many IMHO.

And still we watch.......

Great post Columbia! (and Seabear) giggling
It's just a tv show.
As you say, everyone is expendable and played against each other to stir interest and get the best contestant at the cheapest price.
Still, they keep coming ... and we keep watching.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Whatever - Luke can hold his head up high and get on with life and Nick knows how the game is played and will prevail.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by missnana Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:43 pm

I am not a huge fan of neither Luke or Nick. I think Luke should just get over it, wah wah wah I can't date bunch of women on a TV show and get payed for it Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes . It's getting really old and he is coming off as bitter. **IMO**

as for CH, he is trying in every interview to throw Luke under the bus saying he is not sincere. what a joke. Nick is not an angel too. Luke wants a music career and Nick wants a modeling career. but TPTB are trying their best to promote their show, which is not surprising at all.

in the other hand, I am glad they drooped Luke because he is simply boring. I want drama and a crazy season, and Nick is going to deliver laugh out loud *** IMO***

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Your opinions, state IMO)
missnana
missnana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 75 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 45 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

+94
notarose
limoncello
Idlemess
KB_Mom
BlackHalo