SELECT CONTENT

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Page 3 of 75 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:36 pm

@Frymama wrote:So, random question about Luke's HTD...did anyone find it odd that Jo Jo didn't hug Luke's family goodbye at the end of their HTD...Luke just said "I have one more surprise for you", Jo Jo said thanks for having me, the parents nodded their heads, Abbie/sister Pell said "have fun", but Luke's parent's just nodded as Jo Jo and Luke got up and walked away.  

That was kind of weird to me...so unlike any of the HTD's I have ever seen where the girl gives big hugs goodbye to the moms and dads, etc. when leaving.  There were all the big vibrant hugs and hellos when she got there, but it was very awkward when they walked away.  

In actuality, the HTD last the good part of a day--12 hrs of filming, maybe more. We saw with commercials 20 minutes. When they tape, the do re-takes. It's not documentary style. So we don't know what was left on the cutting room floor. We don't know how the real good bye's were handled and what was cut.
I also want to add: I have the highest regards for vets. With that being said, there are certainly other experiences in life that command just as much respect and can create PTSD and consequential stress/trauma and also are dangerous. We may not see it often in this show, but Luke does not have exclusive license on this and probably would be the first to agree.

HEA Sorry--it was in last night's episode thread. I did an approximate from the start of each HTD through the commercial until it ended. Seconds were not included.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:45 pm

IIRC, the everyone gets a date the epi before HTs or has for the last few seasons (but someone CMIIW).  There are individuals and a GD for the rest.  And generally the majority of the ones on the GD are safe and will be headed to HTs.  

IMO, James was never at risk of going anywhere epi 6, she needed the numbers.  She knew she was sending Alex and James home last week.  It was an obvious overly, confident Alex was going to get a 1:1 and be eliminated.  She wanted more time with Jordan so he got one.  That left 3 safe and James.  She'd already sent one home early, so she had to keep James until the RC.  And she didn't want to waste a 1:1 with him, IMO. So he got the GD with 2 that were safe.  Luke wasn't on the chopping block yet so he got one, probably because she wanted to explore the relationship more, even thought it was short.  But, IMO, it was not an after thought or a last minute thrown together date.  JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:20 pm

thank you kasha

they did not need james... they wanted drama in the 3:1 ... and what drama to pick robby over luke? tons... instad they switch the drama between chase and james, equality possible dumpee

but with luke instead of james, that was the premise of the F4 RC rejection...

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 1646190589

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:22 pm

everyone had edited HTDs not just luke.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:32 pm

TPTB were not going to allow Jo to only have one person to eliminate the week leading into HTs, IMO.  Why watch the rest of the epi if she'd only had Alex and let him go, and that was too good a set up to pass over, IMO, with the other 4 remaining and knowing they were safe going into the RC.  She had to have both James and Alex that week.  The asking for another rose was just for added drama, he was not actually going home.  

What drama would there be between Robby, Luke and Chase?  I'm not following?  

Not sure why it matters at this point, because it doesn't change how the season plays out.  Jojo and the boys are stranded in the airport another week laugh out loud before Luke gets sent home. He'll find the one meant for him when the time is right or possibly winter of next year.  laugh out loud

JMOAA
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Frymama Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:48 pm

nd4reality wrote:everyone had edited HTDs not just luke.

I knew they were all edited, and I have always known that they can't show everything. It just hit me funny about the way they had gotten up from table without hugging goodbye, etc. like they seem to always do on HTD's.

I just came to this site a week ago, and I am really glad I did. If I hadn't, that just would have really been weird to me because even though I know about how things get "edited/left out" for time purposes, I wouldn't have brushed it off as just because it had happened at some other point and just not shown and not a big deal.

I really do understand now what happened, and honestly feel really goofy for mentioning it in the earlier post. IMO and has a person who has been rooting for LuJo, I do not think he got jipped on his HTD or any less time or a bad edit...it just was awkward to me. My mother-in-law noticed it, too, and it was the first time she had ever watched those show in her life....she picked up on it, too, and said something to me. And, I would have enjoyed hearing the the conversations with Jo Jo and Mama Pell/Papa Pell, but I would have rather seen the romantic stuff, IMO. Sorry if my post seemed really ditzy. duh
Frymama
Frymama

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:00 am

What difference would it make if they showed them hugging goodbye? I don't understand what difference it would make to the viewers. They only have so much time, and they want to use it wisely. A meltdown on the air plane hanger floor, as opposed to a melt down in the hall way of a hotel room.

Luke was no where near the F1 position. That was very clear from day one. Showing hugging parents IMO wasn't going to make a difference to the storyline, unless I'm missing the whole point.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71280

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:08 am

Luke tweeted last week that his flight was delayed and he missed the show with the hashtag #sittingonthetarmac  foreshadowing this week's epi. I see a new country song in the works.   Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 1f3b6   Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 1f60b

@guardianangel  the point of us talking about their goodbye, is that they simply got up from the table and said goodbye and left everyone sitting at the table which was odd like they see them everyday. When you leave someone's house after they served you dinner, hosted you for the day, you at least express a little more emotion or shake their hand.  We figure it didn't really happen that way.  It has no bearing on their date or the outcome of their date.  We are just making observations about the edit.  yes
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:10 am

they probably returned after visiting the shrine to Jojo. Hence the goodbyes were said later but not shown to us.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Frymama Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:11 am

GuardianAngel wrote:What difference would it make if they showed them hugging goodbye? I don't understand what difference it would make to the viewers. They only have so much time, and they want to use it wisely. A meltdown on the air plane hanger floor, as opposed to a melt down in the hall way of a hotel room.

Luke was no where near the F1 position. That was very clear from day one. Showing hugging parents IMO wasn't going to make a difference to the storyline, unless I'm missing the whole point.

If you were referring to my post, I think you did miss my point, IMO. If you are not referring to my post, then carry on. I just had never seen that when the couple got up to leave from the family portion of the date that they didn't hug the family goodbye and all that. I wasn't claiming that it had anything to do with his not being F1 or that it gave a bad edit or anything. My mother-in-law asked why Jo Jo didn't get up and hug Luke's family goodbye (just said thank for having me and they walked off) like she had with the other families. I rewinded and saw she was right and thought it was weird. I had just asked if anyone else noticed, and a couple others said they did, too. So, someone reminded that they could have had to shoot the scene again after they had technically already said goodbye...then, they went off and did the rest of their 1:1 alone from where she left...or maybe they came back in between and officially hugged it out more warmly or whatever. That made total sense to me----cleared up. Then, I think others started to jump in discussing portions edited out and why, etc. and maybe an inequitable time in reference to Robby's date or whatever, etc.
Frymama
Frymama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:03 am

There is nothing wrong IMVHO to talk about a contestant and the way he was edited no matter his position he has at the end. To dissect and understand give us, still IMVHO, a better knowledge on how this show do edit. I am one of those who believes that we learn from everything and it is never too late no matter the situation. And i much prefer talking about a guy i like since the jojo &Aaron' brother next to break up ending has zero interests to me.

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 1646190589

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:18 am

MiniDiva wrote:Luke tweeted last week that his flight was delayed and he missed the show with the hashtag #sittingonthetarmac  foreshadowing this week's epi. I see a new country song in the works.   Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 1f3b6   Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 3 1f60b

Oh my gosh, i did not even connect!!

Thanks MiniDiva bestbud!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 75 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

+94
notarose
limoncello
Idlemess
KB_Mom
BlackHalo