SELECT CONTENT

Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3

Page 13 of 59 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 36 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" -  Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3 - Page 13 Empty Re: Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3

Post by Nonina430 Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Bitter? just stating a fact. 3 great guys Luke,Chase and himself
and they pic grandpa whose soft art has been around too
long. IMO.  Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" -  Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3 - Page 13 2498057887

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" -  Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3 - Page 13 Empty Re: Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3

Post by Duke702 Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:32 pm

haha , hes bitter/jealous, jmo. I don't think they should have picked Nick either. But I think Robby was subtly describing himself in his "younger, more energy" description. Not Luke who the Bachelor would have been most likely if it wasn't Nick.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:38 pm

Duke, I'm easy. I go with the flow. Zen  Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" -  Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3 - Page 13 3806527698

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm curious if Robby will feel like he is over the hill/old/without energy when he's 35. It's not like Nick is 50!

Yeah, I remember being young and thinking people in their 30s were really old...

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:50 pm

26--36. 10 yrs at that age iits way over the hill. Hugesmile

Last edited by Nonina430 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:55 pm

I guess Robby isn't aware that there is no age limit on the Bachelor...as Brad Womack was 38, Kaitlyn was 30, Chris Soules was 33, Juan Pablo 33, etc. Ben being 26 was on the younger end, but I guess he was only basing that on JoJo/Ben being on the younger end. laugh out loud.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:00 pm

Yeah I just don't care to see a male lead under 30. Ben was very much an exception for me. If the options on the next Bachelorette are on the younger side I'll probably root for Luke to get another chance.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19225

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Good grief! What is with these guys from JoJo's season whining about not being the Bachelor? no no
I guess retweeting tweets that are all about being on their "team" and hashtagging themselves didn't work! Rolling Eyes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:17 pm

I'll bet if you ponder you'll figure it out. Zigzag no idea

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:28 pm

I have actually never seen so many guys whining in media and on their SM about not being the Bachelor as the guys from JoJo's season.

No wonder TPTB didn't go with any of them and I doubt they will since their self-promotion (hashtagging themselves and retweeting their team name? and Robby with his t-shirts?) was way over the top compared to any other season, imho, not to mention, whining to the media is not going to help their case especially with TPTB.

As if any of these guys need TV to find a wife. Robby needs to get a grip, stop whining, and if he wants to be the Bachelor that bad then all he needs to do is get to be F2 2x and don't whine when he is paraded as a fake-out, just do what he has to do and voila.

But first, stop whining. Gee whiz no no
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:51 pm

Wine! Like the kind you drink? Because of Robby's interview 
stating they should have picked someone younger!? 
Robby has been the most upbeat contestant I have ever seem.
IMO. He is no way a whinner. Again IMO. If they are pissed
I don't blame them they were blindsided.  Suspect

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Granted, I liked TV Robby, so my take on his quotes about the next Bachelor may be biased, but here is a different way to look at it.

First, I don't think Robby was under any delusion that they were considering him as the next lead. All online/media hype about who they were looking at pointed at Luke and Chase. Nick was talked about on forums like ours, but even here, where there are a good number of Nick supporters, that theory was quickly shot down by most as being unrealistic. I remember the 'guessing' at the meaning of MF's clues and reading many times that there was no way that they would pick Nick. I remember this, because the Usual Suspects clue to me screamed Nick. The climactic scene is either the huge explosion on the docks (ie shock and awe) or the final scene of the movie (won't spoil it). To me, they both screamed Nick, but the overwhelming support and feeling here seemed to be that Luke had it in the bag. Why would Robby think any differently? I'm sure he believed it was going to Luke or Chase, as well. So, any bitterness (if that's what you care to call it) would not be because they mislead him, but rather 2 guys that he personally knows and likes.

Second, Robby spent months living and traveling with Luke and Chase and genuinely seemed fond of both of them. What we the viewers saw of Luke and Chase were their TV edits, and I will be the first one to admit that they showed us intensity and seriousness from Luke and a laid back and quiet Chase. However, we all know that there is much more to those 2 men than was shown on TV. Robby got to see all of the sides to those men---their true personalities, including humor, wit, sassiness, etc---all of the qualities that one would label as higher energy. I do think that Robby's younger and more energy and fewer times around the block comments apply to Luke and Chase.

Third, it is human nature to stand up for the people that we personally know and like in life. I think that Robby said his comments in support of Luke and Chase, more so than as a put down to Nick, however, I will add a caveat to this. While Robby got to know Luke and Chase very well all season, he has had very limited interactions with Nick. Those interactions with Nick, IMO, have been less than warm and fuzzy.

In an article, Nick questioned the genuineness of Robby and Jordan for being buddies while pursuing the same woman. He questioned whether they were truly buddies and/or if their feelings for Jojo were genuine. While he is entitled to his opinions and I don't put much stock into any of these spliced and diced/quote here and there articles, to me that goes to questioning the men's characters. That's kind of a low blow. Even if it was just a bad choice of words or a misconstrued quote, the optics it gave off was that Nick didn't interpret the men as being honest.

Then, after the ATFR taping, a group of BIP cast and others, including Robby, went out. Of that interaction, Robby said in a different article/interview (cannot remember which one) that Nick didn't make much of an effort (I assume to speak or interact with Robby) and Robby said he wasn't impressed by Nick (again, I assume he meant that Nick was being stand-offish and not too friendly with him). Lets all be honest, Nick is not known for his male bonding skills. He is a more quiet, reserved observer type, and it is within the realm of possibilities that Robby didn't feel welcomed into the fold or supported by Nick who is 2 time F2. Perhaps low energy was his politically correct way of saying aloof, distant, unsociable. Perhaps that is the first impression that Robby got of him.

Like I said, I don't make a big deal out of these magazine feuds. A few quotes does not the whole story make. I don't think Nick is a horrible person for opining on Robby and Jordan and I don't think Robby is a horrible person for opining on Nick being chosen as the next lead. I think that Nick was asked by media to elaborate on Jojo's men, and Robby was asked to elaborate on the next lead. I think Robby and Luke (in a separate article) tried to make jokes about Nick going around the block a few times, or Josh coming back onto the show, or Nick going on the show for a 4th or 5th time, because that's what people do---they snark about this show sometimes. We all do it, so I don't fault anyone else for doing it, too.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 59 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 36 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Robby Hayes - Chase McNary - "Rose" - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #3

+81
mizzoufan
TrishB
Beagle
sdmom
blueblues