SELECT CONTENT

Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate  - Page 2 Empty Re: Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:20 pm

rhondam wrote:I was unspoiled for approximately half the season and I had a neutral avi even when I saw how sweet and genuine I found Jordan to be and loving JoJo and Jordan together. I have literally never fan girled in my entire life (JoJo was the closest I came to it last year) but this couple made me want to. 

After I became spoiled, I wanted to change my avi because I loved them as a couple and believed in their story and was rooting hard for them despite everything that was stacked against them, not because I thought they were the "final two", I like who I like, it doesn't matter to me if they are the "popular" choice. I also have no problem liking or disliking a cast member if my opinion of them changes for whatever reason. Sorry I got off track I think.... Anyway, I debated about changing my avi because I knew it would change in my posts on the other side and I worried it wouldn't ruin it for them. When I decided to go ahead and change it, it was because I really wanted to and because I knew my unspoiled friends knew I was rooting for them and liked them as a couple. All that said, I don't know if that affected them or not?

I also felt kind of rude for lack of a better word, just dropping out of the unspoiled side without a goodbye and it's been fun etc etc.... But I knew the rules of spoiled cannot post over there and not saying I'm spoiled in case it makes people want to become spoiled too etc etc. Also, as vague as I could be in how I got spoiled, it still could've twigged (tweaked?) something to someone that could've given it away. That said,  I would've liked to have been able to post a single post there and say, "I'm sorry, I got spoiled. It's been fun and I'll miss you."

I don't know if I'm alone in this but regarding the signature lines, I don't really notice them or if I do, I don't even "see" them anymore because I get used to them. Does that make sense. So if others are similar, I don't know if that will work. 

I've posted something else regarding spoiled vs unspoiled somewhere that would apply to this topic. I'll try and find it and bring it over. Is there a quick way to find an old post of ours?

Per your bolded:
Never feel torn. You can always contact a mod and we will be glad to talk the issue over. One of us would have been glad to have posted something for you, even. Remember we are here to help. Smiley

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate  - Page 2 Empty Re: Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:11 pm

marriedtoabaritone wrote:I've been unspoiled the last several seasons, because the sleuthing has always been my favorite part of this crazy show. When I first found this site, I was still under the impression that these relationships were real. (I was so excited when Dr. Travis picked the teacher!) As I've gotten older, gotten married and had two kiddos, the sleuthing aspect of this show is really the only reason why I still invest my time. I don't think I've finished the last three seasons (Kaitlyn, Ben, and JoJo) because I haven't had anyone to root for. (Where are all the JPs?) It's getting harder and harder to stay unspoiled in this day and age--RS is really, truly here to stay. I appreciate that this board is a safe haven for the few of us that are left.

Sleuthing has changed drastically over the years. This forum will always be a sleuthing forum. Smiley The purpose of the No Spoiler threads are for those who enjoy sleuthing without the spoilers, which is the way we used to do it. I consider it as a Sleuthing 101 from the bare bones up. Not having the spoiler influence makes you learn tips and tricks. I think it also give you a clean slate when analyzing s/caps. Nothing influencing you. If you knew who the spoiler F1 was, one tends to think every s/cap is the F1 sort of thing. Not really but sort of.

Glad you joined us!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71428

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Sorry for the double post. I meant to advise of the change. Hopefully this will help in the Non Spoiler threads.

Topic title when replying

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scooby Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:27 pm

I intended to remain unspoiled but I clicked on the "Portal" instead of "Home" once and a tweet scrolled by that said "maybe Jordan is just what JoJo needs."

I couldn't get that out of my head so I just went spoiled. I was kind of irritated that a simple mistake like that could spoil me, but live and learn.

Scooby

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:41 pm

Oh wow, @Scooby, I never thought of that. Good point. Stay away from the portal. There are live tweets there.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:01 am

I found myself not going into the threads at all for fear of spoiling it for someone that was really trying hard to remain unspoiled. One suggestion though.....It would really be nice to use a poster's thoughts from the unspoiled side and say their names.....do they show up in their notifications if you DON'T use the @ symbol in front of their names? Instead at currently, we can't use any of their info anywhere and I find that so sad cause there are some really great thoughts going on.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by locoforbach Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:16 pm

Hi GA, I am a long time Completely Non-Spoiled viewer.  During JoJo's season I ventured into the Non-Spoiled Sleuthing threads a couple weeks into the season.

#1 Reason: NO ONE was in the Unspoiled Thread.
#2 Reason: By that point I had picked my favorites or who I thought would be her favorites and wanted to be able to discuss with others.

KB had warned me venturing into the Sleuthing area would give me an idea of the F4 so I was apprehensive, but willing to take the chance. Come to find out sleuthing provides for much more discussing and though S/Cs give some very good hints I don't think anyone in that thread was 100% positive about who the F1 was until the Finale.

Admittedly after Chase was sent home I figured Jordan to be F1 and lost interest in the outcome.  I thought that would be a good opportunity to check out the Spoiler side of things since I didn't mind knowing at that point.  The Spoiler thread is not the place for me, because I like to enjoy the season as it happens.  Just not the person who reads the last page of a book before starting it  :winkie:

I am with Mia on the avatar thing, I did notice that same thing, but if Spoiled Posters cannot post in the Non-Spoiled threads then we shouldn't be able to see their avatars.

I may be in the minority but am glad about Nick being TB.  I was #TeamChase all the way, but if it is not him then Nick is a good choice.  I will watch unspoiled-sleuthing again.  It was great fun last season!  I know there is a thread already on the Spoiler Side discussing Nick, will we get one prior to season starting for general discussion about what we are looking forward to and what we know about Nick from past seasons?
locoforbach
locoforbach

Female Posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:09 pm

@locoforbach Thanks for your thoughts! Yes there will be a NO SPOILER thread as well as a NO SPOILER - Sleuthing thread.

The difference is for posters like yourself, who do not want to know anything. The No Spoiler thread is for you. The No Spoiler sleuthing thread, is just that. They don't get any spoilers. They work for their outcome. They are sleuthing screen caps and SM so eventually there will be speculation/proof as to who the F1 is.

@Aunties_Love Using an @ anywhere on this forum, will send a notification to the user they have been tagged. Originally, conversation was being brought over from the No Spoiler side to the spoilers side, tagging usernames, which alerted the non spoiled member and caused a mess. Same with spoiled members posting in the no spoiler threads. Hints or responses created spoilers. Therefore I decided no posting at all will relieve the added work that it caused.

Also, I felt it was not fair that the no spoiled posters were sleuthing without any spoilers what so ever, and that their work was being brought over to the spoiled side. Unfair advantage. IMO this would prevent sleuthing when info can just be obtained from the non spoiled.

New threads will be created later in the day.

Looking forward to hearing more thoughts!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:35 pm

locoforbach wrote:Hi GA, I am a long time Completely Non-Spoiled viewer.  During JoJo's season I ventured into the Non-Spoiled Sleuthing threads a couple weeks into the season.

#1 Reason: NO ONE was in the Unspoiled Thread.
#2 Reason: By that point I had picked my favorites or who I thought would be her favorites and wanted to be able to discuss with others.

KB had warned me venturing into the Sleuthing area would give me an idea of the F4 so I was apprehensive, but willing to take the chance. Come to find out sleuthing provides for much more discussing and though S/Cs give some very good hints I don't think anyone in that thread was 100% positive about who the F1 was until the Finale.

Admittedly after Chase was sent home I figured Jordan to be F1 and lost interest in the outcome.  I thought that would be a good opportunity to check out the Spoiler side of things since I didn't mind knowing at that point.  The Spoiler thread is not the place for me, because I like to enjoy the season as it happens.  Just not the person who reads the last page of a book before starting it  :winkie:

I am with Mia on the avatar thing, I did notice that same thing, but if Spoiled Posters cannot post in the Non-Spoiled threads then we shouldn't be able to see their avatars.

I may be in the minority but am glad about Nick being TB.  I was #TeamChase all the way, but if it is not him then Nick is a good choice.  I will watch unspoiled-sleuthing again.  It was great fun last season!  I know there is a thread already on the Spoiler Side discussing Nick, will we get one prior to season starting for general discussion about what we are looking forward to and what we know about Nick from past seasons?

As a poster that has done quite a few seasons completely spoiler free I just loved the No Spoilers Sleuthing thread we had for JoJo's season. And I think our little group did pretty well with our sleuthing! There were many points of view but great camaraderie and friendship.... and some hilarious and a few just little bit naughty posts!

And I am so excited that Nick is the next bachelor - when AAL told me I did a little happy dance. It's going to be such a great season!

So how do we go about convincing even more experienced, but usually spoiled, sleuther's to join our merry band?

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:50 pm

IA @Katiebelle it was a great season here in the No spoiler side.

I hope more join in. I think it's going to be a great season because I'm thinking it may be a foiler, or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:20 pm

planning on going unspoiled this season :cutesmile!: I'm so excited I just want to watch completely unswayed by spoilers

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:23 pm

yes ReneeM ! Do you plan on sleuthing in the No Spoilers sleuthing thread?

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate

+18
Amethyst
DMBFan
Joy15
veg_out
Litta123