SELECT CONTENT

Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TeamChase - Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate  - Page 3 Empty Re: Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate

Post by ReneeM Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:26 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:yes ReneeM ! Do you plan on sleuthing in the No Spoilers sleuthing thread?

Yup!

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

TeamChase - Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate  - Page 3 Empty Re: Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Great!!!! clapping!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:51 pm

Is the fact that it's Nick going to sway anyone from the unspoiled side to the spoiled side or vice versa?  

Just curious, since some Luke fans were going to switch to the unspoiled side if he was lead, specifically because he was lead.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:59 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:Is the fact that it's Nick going to sway anyone from the unspoiled side to the spoiled side or vice versa?  

Just curious, since some Luke fans were going to switch to the unspoiled side if he was lead, specifically because he was lead.

It's because of Nick. I love Jojo and was going to go unspoiled for her season but that 1st meeting between Jo and Jordan and their instant chemistry got me and I didn't want to get invested in the couple if it wasn't going to end up being Jordan so I peaked at the spoilers. With Nick, I like him now but I'm not really emotionally invested in him, so I don't think what happened with Jo/Jordan is gonna happen. I just want to be entertained and I don't want to ruin any of that with spoilers, just wanna enjoy the ride without expectations.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:07 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@locoforbach Thanks for your thoughts! Yes there will be a NO SPOILER thread as well as a NO SPOILER - Sleuthing thread.

The difference is for posters like yourself, who do not want to know anything. The No Spoiler thread is for you. The No Spoiler sleuthing thread, is just that. They don't get any spoilers. They work for their outcome. They are sleuthing screen caps and SM so eventually there will be speculation/proof as to who the F1 is.

***snipped***

Looking forward to hearing more thoughts!

@GuardianAngel - Clarification question: Are we allowed to sleuth from SM? Truthfully, I was under the impression last season that we could only sleuth from the show or its previews. I do think that SM is very important in helping determine the final outcome, so I'm not against it, but we didn't go there in any of our discussions during JoJo's season, iirc. I had thought it was prohibited. If SM is allowed, I think that it can enhance the discussion. At the same time, if anyone unspoiled chooses to go there, beware! I think in significantly increases one's chances of seeing spoilers...so it's a double edged sword. I'm not sure there's a good work around.

For me, it was extremely hard limiting my SM/internet activity for JoJo's season. Thankfully, I had a busy summer...so I didn't miss it much. I was able to stay unspoiled until I had determined via SCs who the F1 was...then I spoiled myself to see if it was right.

@Ladybug82, I'm not likely to stay unspoiled for Nick's season. Once filming starts, more than likely I'll be too curious. I haven't paid too much attention to his potential contestants because I suck at pre-show sleuthing. Technically, I guess I have until filming begins and then I need to commit one way or another. Realistically, though, I can't see myself staying out of Nick's threads until January.

TeamChase - Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate  - Page 3 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:50 pm

@Litta123, I agree that SM could be a landmine for non-spoiled peeps. It did seem like some unspoiled folks who already followed JoJo or others on SM were unable to control knowing that info.

I don't see any problem with it as long as people somehow avert their eyes from the comments, which is tricky. no idea

At the moment, I'll be unspoiled simply b:c I enjoy the work of sleuthing caps, but that could change. Either way, I'll be in this forum to moderate and protect the unspoiledom! Ha!
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:17 pm

It's a difficult call. All those things were taken into consideration, and I decided it would be best for non spoiled and for the rules, to keep it simple. If it has aired, or published by ABC it can be posted.

After reading some comments in this thread, I wouldn't mind if there were sleuthers that wanted to sleuth right now, looking for contestants.

After that, using SM for sleuthing can uncover filming locations by fan posts which would be great for non spoiled. However the closer we get to the end, the chances are greater for spoilers on SM.

So then I'm back to only what's been aired or published by aBC.

IMO it all depends on what type of sleuther you are. Personally before RS, it was great. When he started to spoil, I came to the conclusion, I wasn't going to stop just because he spoiled the F1. Also, there are other things that are fun to sleuth once s/caps are provided. But, if you're the type of sleuther that believes the spoiler right off the bat, then coming across a spoiler will ruin it for you.

Then I'm back to only if it's been aired. no idea

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:06 pm

My opinion is that only ABC aired info (episodes, commercials, previews, ABC site deleted scenes/bleachable moments/bios) and other online episode previews should be used in the Non-spoiler threads. I think it is a huge slippery slope if you include SM.

Personally, I found it very challenging to stay unspoiled and had to avoid a lot on the internet and on this forum. But I really enjoyed it. My first reaction to a season of Nick was that the snark (in the spoiled threads) was going to be too fun to miss out on, but now I am considering going unspoiled. The SM sleuthing isn't my thing. While it can give evidence towards who is the F1, I think it can also sway your opinion of the contestants in ways that may not be accurate. Same thing with quotes of people (former contestants and exes) in rag mags. For me, the SM drama can feel exhausting. Being spoiler free and SM/media free felt refreshing to me.

I find myself currently on the fence about going unspoiled for Nick's season. it might be the better mix for me personally---to be in the dark about all of the nonsense in media/sm during the season, and then after the season reviewing all that I missed (like I did with Jojo's season). Let me tell you, coming out of the unspoiled threads after ATFR, was like coming out of a war bunker. It was a bit shocking to emerge and see all of the collateral damage and media stories that went on during the season, but for the most part didn't mean too much after the season wrapped up. In other words, all the bad things may have seemed really bad when they were throwing them in our faces and the people were unable to defend themselves or tell their side of the stories, but once we saw both sides, nothing too monumental came of any of it. All it did was attempt to skew opinions. This is all my opinion. Still haven't decided, so I am staying out of the spoiler threads for Nick for now, until I decide.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:30 pm

Thinking to go unspoiled. But not sure what the rules are. Are the unspoiled allowed to follow/post the lead's media tour?. I like to seek clues from post-filming interviews, etc. Its must be hard for me not to.

TIA.

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:29 pm

I was unspoiled - sleuthing for Jo's season and loved it. I did get spoiled after hometown dates so stopped posting and didn't finish the season. It was who I guessed all along anyway so wasn't much of a shocker.

I thought I was going to go to the spoiled side for Nick's season as I think I would enjoy the snark about Nick way too much (even though I love him), but now I'm second guessing that decision after reading this thread. Guess I should decide soon as I haven't seen anything spoilery yet.

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:38 pm

Joy15 wrote:Thinking to go unspoiled. But not sure what the rules are. Are the unspoiled allowed to follow/post the lead's media tour?. I like to seek clues from post-filming interviews, etc. Its must be hard for me not to.

TIA.

@GuardianAngel can jump in if I'm incorrect. Technically, we only use information that we see in previews or in the episodes. External media, like the media tour post-filming, has been kept to a minimal and usually the group must reach consensus for something to be posted from outside sources.

Here are the rules again: Rules

Being unspoiled is really fun. Some people start out here and then defect to the spoiler side, which is a-ok!

veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:21 am

veg_out wrote:
Joy15 wrote:Thinking to go unspoiled. But not sure what the rules are. Are the unspoiled allowed to follow/post the lead's media tour?. I like to seek clues from post-filming interviews, etc. Its must be hard for me not to.

TIA.

@GuardianAngel can jump in if I'm incorrect. Technically, we only use information that we see in previews or in the episodes. External media, like the media tour post-filming, has been kept to a minimal and usually the group must reach consensus for something to be posted from outside sources.

Here are the rules again: Rules

Being unspoiled is really fun. Some people start out here and then defect to the spoiler side, which is a-ok!

TY for the kind explanation @veg_out

i saw there are special threads for SM/Media for the Unspoiled up already. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Non Spoiled - Discussion - Suggestions - All Are Welcomed to Participate

+18
Amethyst
DMBFan
Joy15
veg_out
Litta123