SELECT CONTENT

Mikhel Sickand - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teammike - Mikhel Sickand -  Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 27 Empty Re: Mikhel Sickand - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by emusha Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:12 am

I thnk you might be onto something about the storyline!

This is the first time ever in this franchise that I've changed my pick for f1 after I was sure during HTD that it was KW F1. I think the relationships are being built real time and LCD will be very illuminating. We shall see who she is initiating with/chasing more. My hunch is that she and Mikhel's FS time was where they really solidified and addressed a lot of things to build their foundation for the relationship. It will be an interesting finale cos I can see the lead processing her decision through the process!
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

teammike - Mikhel Sickand -  Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 27 Empty Re: Mikhel Sickand - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:30 am

I agree 100% with everything you said @emusha.
Me too this is the first timr I completely changed my guess so late in the game.
And I was so dead sure it was KW that I was like what's the point and that also never happened to me before.

It's definitely going to be an intersting finale and whoever she choses i'm sure we will get everything we need from her to understand that decision cause she is Jasmine after all. Smiley
Can't believe we have to wait that long though ugh
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:44 am

Yea! She's actually one of the best bachelorettes ever that I've watched and agree with you that we'll likely know her thinking process which makes it so much more interesting. They did a great job picking her to be the bachette.

What was interesting to me during the MTPs was how Jasmine seemed to be walking on a cloud around Mikhel but her glow dimmed when it was KW while their physical connection was still there. I think something very real and intense must have happened during the FS with Mikhel.

I recall she said to him on the catamaran "It has been killing me to know why you were upset..." or something along those lines. I wonder if she thought he was not 100% on board and maybe regretting that he came on the show, possibly considering leaving and questioning and possibly angry with her. And being so unsure maybe made her really reflect on her feelings towards him and consider his value to her more in depth i.e. when she could lose him she really considered how she'd feel if she did.

I found it funny during the FS that Mikhel seemed to laugh at her question if he's still feeling like he did during the HTD. And also teasing her with his eye contact. I think at that point he might have started to figure out that she was actually into him and that she was maybe scared he might want to leave based on his RC reaction.

KW had vocalized that he expects to "do what young ppl who are in love do" including chatting and 'other stuff' in the FS. My speculation - I wouldn't be surprised if Jasmine made a promise to Mikhel during their FS that she'd not be intimate with KW but then KW wanted some form of intimacy and she was not willing to give it to him. She said she just wanted his "support" in that conversation rather than leaving claiming that 'the night was ruined'.

Another very interesting point I noticed was that KW was borderline flirting with Laurally during the interrogation. That makes me question how into Jasmine he really is.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:55 am

Regarding the FS argument, I can definitely see it being about intimacy. I'm sure she didn't want to go far with any of them and that KW felt insecure about it and since he was expecting that and they were arguing he felt the night was ruined.
I can see it going that way but whatever it is I'm sure it is related to the fact that he was not the only one left and jas was clear on that.
However im sure they still had a great enough time in there because he was still feeling like the only one at that MTP
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:14 am

IA with the fantasy suite issue. One minute I am sure its Mikhel then the next minute I am unsure. If it took Mikhel that long to get back on SM it may be because he was hurting for being F2. Who knows with these things eh?
Mikhel is a gem whether he ends up with Jasmine or not and as his Mom said I am sure Jasmine is realising that watching back even if she didnt choose him

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:39 am

Yea good point see2love I'm not 100% sold he's F1 I just think his little tantrum worked very much in his favor since Jasmine then had to invest more and chase him some more -- which def helped elevate their emotional intimacy. Alongside the issues with KW the two guys are head to head with Mikhel a bit ahead by the look of her body language with him vs. KW (retracting a kiss from KW, initiating most physical contact with Mikhel) While this past week was a game changer where Mikhel has a real chance now, I think next week is the real decider for Jasmine. She's either experiencing 'buyer's remorse' + 'how can you just let go of an intense passion' with KW and/or 'you appreciate something more when you think you're gonna lose it' with Mikhel. By next week I think she would have processed her thoughts more and we shall see if the increased intimacy with Mikhel continues and the distance continues to grow with KW or the if the opposite happens instead.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:15 am

@TheWrongReasons your points are absolutely valid, but from memory any promos I have seen from past series, they don't have the F1 shown arguing with the lead even though we know through the season such as JOJO and Jordon, & Kaitlyn and Shawn had some communication issues. And what I mean by they, I meant story producers.  Every season has a story or arc, that's what their job is and the story needs an an ending to what they created in the beginning.  So it's working out what Jasmines is.

From what I can ascertain by re watching all the episodes is the running theme is "someone who can stand by me." Jojo's was "taking a leap of faith"  so was Sam Frosts the season before (they had both been heartbroken from previous seasons).  The journey in between is the journey in between and like any lead she will have chemistry with any number of contestants, but the storyline they are trying to convey from the beginning needs an ending and that's what I'm scratching my head at atm if she chooses KW IMO. As they are showing so much of him walking away when she needs him the most, it strikes me that at this late stage of the game that if she has chosen him, I, IMO think they would have edited out her ITM stating he walked out during the time in the FS, the viewers would have been none the wiser, so it was added for a reason.

There is also the blaring polarisation between the two guys when it comes to this. At HTD Mikhel says to her before meeting her family, "if you want to hold my hand or stand next to me, I'm right here we can do this together." To her stating to KW after meeting his family "your mum grilled me". His answer was "oh yeah, well I'm her baby and she's trying to protect me."  But who was protecting Jasmine in that instance? It wasn't KW and IMO this is where the shift or reality check  has been for her. But like all good produced reality shows, there can be a complete turn around during the final dates so this is yet to be seen.

I realise every season is different and we shouldn't compare, however, the entire franchise nationally and internationally comes under the Warner Bros banner, and a formula still needs to be adhered to, the characters just change IMO. So a villain is branded a villain when cast regardless of how villainy or psychopathic he is, he is still the villain and that's their story board in motion.  JMO of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:46 am

I agree with everything everyone has said and although there are so many things that point to Mikhel at this point anything can still happen at FD's so hopefully if he isn't the one chosen, he will find his person because as you said @see2love he really is a gem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:56 am

emusha wrote:

What was interesting to me during the MTPs was how Jasmine seemed to be walking on a cloud around Mikhel but her glow dimmed when it was KW while their physical connection was still there. I think something very real and intense must have happened during the FS with Mikhel.

...Snipped

I agree and was reminded of Mikhel's conversation with Jasmine in the hot tub on their 1-1 date when he was talking about how he'd been doing some research into his Indian cultural background. I wonder if that research extended to the Kama Sutra Hugesmile
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:01 am

Fifty wrote:@TheWrongReasons your points are absolutely valid, but from memory any promos I have seen from past series, they don't have the F1 shown arguing with the lead even though we know through the season such as JOJO and Jordon, & Kaitlyn and Shawn had some communication issues. And what I mean by they, I meant story producers.  Every season has a story or arc, that's what their job is and the story needs an an ending to what they created in the beginning.  So it's working out what Jasmines is.

From what I can ascertain by re watching all the episodes is the running theme is "someone who can stand by me." Jojo's was "taking a leap of faith"  so was Sam Frosts the season before (they had both been heartbroken from previous seasons).  The journey in between is the journey in between and like any lead she will have chemistry with any number of contestants, but the storyline they are trying to convey from the beginning needs an ending and that's what I'm scratching my head at atm if she chooses KW IMO. As they are showing so much of him walking away when she needs him the most, it strikes me that at this late stage of the game that if she has chosen him, I, IMO think they would have edited out her ITM stating he walked out during the time in the FS, the viewers would have been none the wiser, so it was added for a reason.

There is also the blaring polarisation between the two guys when it comes to this. At HTD Mikhel says to her before meeting her family, "if you want to hold my hand or stand next to me, I'm right here we can do this together." To her stating to KW after meeting his family "your mum grilled me". His answer was "oh yeah, well I'm her baby and she's trying to protect me."  But who was protecting Jasmine in that instance? It wasn't KW and IMO this is where the shift or reality check  has been for her. But like all good produced reality shows, there can be a complete turn around during the final dates so this is yet to be seen.

I realise every season is different and we shouldn't compare, however, the entire franchise nationally and internationally comes under the Warner Bros banner, and a formula still needs to be adhered to, the characters just change IMO. So a villain is branded a villain when cast regardless of how villainy or psychopathic he is, he is still the villain and that's their story board in motion.  JMO of course.

Good Post Completely agree @Fifty especially the bold.  If KW was F1 I feel like we'd be getting an ending to a story we weren't told.  IMO, from what we have seen to date, Mikhel needs to be F1 for the arc to be complete.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:44 am

That's what I'm thinking too and what a story that would be!!!
Anything can still happen but the story that is making more sense now is Jas choosing the "long term" vs "short term" , the "need" vs "want", the "new type" vs "old type", the "best friend" vs "the lover", "the standing by me" vs "the walking away in heated moments".
Mikhel being the first statement and KW the second.
I'm not judging any of the guys or her relationship with them with those labels but this is what the show painted throughout the season up until now.
If this changes at the finale, we will still get enough to make sense of the whole story I guess. I just can't see how right now but does not mean it can't happen.

To add to @Fifty comparisons, the canadians know how to tell their stories: Tim story was "trust, leap of faith and working through difficulties together". That's what we got with April until the end with a last trust action, working through difficulties and leap of faith from both.

Something also came to my mind. In the canadian version, I don't recall them promoting an F3 that much through editing and social media. This F3 even got a bit of the lead story aligned with his( the want vs need and stability, lost,staying by her side). I think now that this is their first attempt to purposely get the next bachelor from a season.

With that said, I don't see why they would need two bachelors stories (Mike and Mikhel) to the point that the F1(if KW) won't fit the lead story arc himself.
Also, they have portrayed Mikhel as the very nervous guy that is not confident enough for the bachette (even if it has changed now) vs Mike that is the guy who has learned to open up. For me the second portrait fit a bachelor bill more than the first.

With all thay said, my opinion is that Mikhel story is not their next bachelor story. Even if it can still work cause people love him. I'm just saying I don't think it has been their plan.
I can be totally wrong though laugh out loud

JMO
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:00 am

I agree. IMO it will be:
Mikhel F1
Mike Next Bach
KW Starting on his next 100 first dates.

“Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while” ― Groucho Marx
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Mikhel Sickand - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+38
canbachfan
AllAboutLove
jojo47
hawaiiangirl
Topazgold