SELECT CONTENT

Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dametraveler - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

Post by TheWrongReasons Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:43 am

@2ndcampbell  -  I agree - IMO it was a combo of uncertainty/wariness over the AI baggage and not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings.

@siena - I'm going to just go ahead and expect the worst from AP - Michelle will be her usual overbearing self, Jared will be an AI-defending wuss, and Caila will try to be as diplomatic as possible. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and something satisfying will happen but I doubt it.
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

dametraveler - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

Post by siena Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:52 am

@TheWrongReasons I think that's a pretty accurate summary of what we should expect from AP. I'd like to be surprised, but if we're realistic it'll go exactly that way. I guess one more day and Caila is free from this toxic mess! I've seen more people call out the bullying of Caila than ever before, so I guess there's that too.

They've kind of stuck this indecisiveness label on Caila, but IMO outside of that Brett date (where there were a lot of other factors) I haven't seen that quality in her. I think she can confuse herself, which she's admitted to, but when she made her mind up to leave I saw a very clear decision. Nothing wishy-washy about it.

"You know what love is? It is all kindness, generosity." ~ Rumi

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:53 am

My hopes are in Sean, he's still co hosting, right? He's been somewhat sensible re Caila.

I loved Christian sticking up for Caila, he was there with this cast, isn't in the IN crew, and offered a completely different narrative, in which Caila was targeted even on the show.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am

I hope so too @Fingersandtoes. There needs to at least be someone offering an alternative view, like Christian was on Afterbuzz.

Also side note: but one of the co-hosts on Afterbuzz also said she didn't trust Caila because she has sly eyes. What is this obsession with Caila's eyes and whether she's trustworthy or not. It's bizarre!

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:22 am

siena wrote:I hope so too @Fingersandtoes. There needs to at least be someone offering an alternative view, like Christian was on Afterbuzz.

Also side note: but one of the co-hosts on Afterbuzz also said she didn't trust Caila because she has sly eyes. What is this obsession with Caila's eyes and whether she's trustworthy or not. It's bizarre!

It's just bs excuse (IMO) with racial undertones to call her fake etc. they've got nothing else. She can't help the shape of her eyes. They have the fakest of all, AshleyI, right in front of them, yet she never gets called out on anything.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:24 am

Yeah, the "sly"/"rainbow" eyes business is charting into dangerous territory. They all need to stop. If Caila wasn't half Asian, it would be one thing, but as common sense and Sharleen pointed out, we Asians NATURALLY have certain shaped eyes when smiling. Caila's are actually very large but the fact remains that they still curve in an Asian way. 
IMO it's in extremely poor taste for a Caucasian person to comment on the shape of an Asian person's eye shape and how it corresponds to their "trustworthiness".

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:25 am

Fingersandtoes wrote:My hopes are in Sean, he's still co hosting, right? He's been somewhat sensible re Caila.

I loved Christian sticking up for Caila, he was there with this cast, isn't in the IN crew, and offered a completely different narrative, in which Caila was targeted even on the show.

Caila arrived in epi 4 just after the RC where Christian was eliminated. He would have been there 2-3 days Ashley I also arrived after he was gone.
I think Christian said he had met Caila outside of the show and she left him with a good impression.

I thought Caila handled herself very well.  Ashley I is a huge personality that can be IMO overwhelming. I think the edit hammered the message Ashley was trying to sell - basically that Caila wasn't as into Jared as he was her.  So what giggling  It was just the beginning of their relationship. Carla was definitely not as into Evan as he was her for quite some time. No difference in that regard. 
All those Ashley scenes masked the fact that she was the only one talking about Caila and Jared. It wasn't until this epi that someone else, Lace, said something negative of Caila on the show. Jen, on the show, was only the 1 shown having a positive conversation with Caila.  There might have been more people but we didn't see it.
I don't think tweets about Caila being indecisive are all that negative because she was indecisive in the Brett scene as others have pointed out.
Not sure why some cast are saying Caila is fake on Twitter. I thought she came across as very reasonable. That a big compliment because it was a messy situation in which to keep your cool. Ashley went on and on far too long and was outright rude.  It shouldn't have mattered what she thought.  In the end Jared is an adult and he makes his own decisions.
I think this is same for Amanda.  She has knowledge of views - she listed a few names tonight of people who had spoken to her - and now she can decide/did decide for herself.  
I hope AP goes well also.  They only dated for about a week or so.  That's nothing much in real time.  Glad she will have an opportunity to share her perspective. I'm curious.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:40 am

@notarose Exactly. I really don't see how Caila not being as into Jared can be seen as such a negative. She was open with him from the beginning that she didn't want any pressure. And if they dated for a while after the show and it didn't work out, then that's the reason why people date in the first place. And yeah, I understand the twitter comments. It was more so from the Afterbuzz show. They said that Caila was indecisive with the way she handled Ashley and that she should have stood up against her more. It didn't make much sense to me.

@Fingersandtoes @TheWrongReasons Agreed. And it's happened enough times now that it's not just a random coincidence. Sharleen brought up a good point about whether it's seen as more acceptable because Caila is half Asian.

Ashley was IMO faking her connection with Wells just to stay on the show, and yet she gets called "real". Caila has been honest and genuine throughout IMO, and yet she gets called "fake". I really do feel like I am watching a different show sometimes. All JMO.

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:07 am

Christian made me wanna ship him and Caila...aside from defending Caila he kinda also took a jab on Jared saying that it's a man's responsibility to step up for your woman and not letting your woman leave. He is just so manly and judging from his gusting also very compassionate and also not scared to tell the truth.
Isabella
Isabella

Back to top Go down

Post by EliseAlways Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:09 am

dametraveler - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 27 20160812

Michelle trying to be nice to Caila: I don't buy it.
EliseAlways
EliseAlways

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:19 am

^
I think she has received a good amount of negative backlash. Anywhere I read the only 'negatives' said about Caila are that she's a bit boring and indecisive. That's it. These 'evil eyes' slurs get people on their feet. Also, Caila's on AP tomorrow, even michelle can't be that stupid that she trashes Caila on the show. So she's backpedalling now. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by summerdayze Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:22 am

I totally agree with @TheWrongReasons @siena - racism/ignorance rearing its ugly head. I usually like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but like @siena said, it has happened a few too many times for it to just be a coincidence.

I hope Caila doesn't cut short her family trip to attend AP. I think if she does go, it's probably because she feels the need to clarify things/speak up for herself. I personally hope she doesn't, simply because after how she has been treated, she owes them nothing and let's be real, the toxic team doesn't deserve her time/presence.

On another note, I do find it interesting that quite a few gems from Jojo's season are following Caila on social media. No doubt some of the guys would have applied because they believed the 'Ette would be Caila. Perhaps they're all thinking in similar vein to Wells....what could of been, had Caila been given the title role. I must admit I'm lowkey stanning Caila and Luke. dametraveler - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 27 1f601

Oh and about Michelle, she has certainly changed her tone. People were calling her out on her eyes remark on social media, I don't doubt that she saw all those comments so perhaps she's being more careful (and less biased) now.

summerdayze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

+68
IWouldMarryAshleyI
Joy15
veg_out
Sprite
kimberlyg