SELECT CONTENT

Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

Page 56 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

Post by siena Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:28 pm

summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 2qtby55
N Y  summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 1f5fd  F W ••• Back in the city and can't wait for my first fashion week! Grateful to be invited and will be keeping my eye out for great fall inspiration -  summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 1f4f7  @kaylacoleslaw by @cailaquinn

"You know what love is? It is all kindness, generosity." ~ Rumi

siena

Back to top Go down

summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

Post by bluwavz Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Summer isn't over quite yet and we're heading to the beach as often as we can with our Julia Wide Straw Boater Hat! #ootd #summer #beach #vacationwithcaila #morninglavender #shopmorninglavender by @shopmorninglavender
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19212

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Great to see Caila back in NYC and attending fashion week. And that she's already working on photoshoots as soon as she returned (I wonder if she's going to be in Martha Stewart Living or if it's unrelated?) Also great that she's going to Sarah's charity event.

I also had a random thought the other day. IMO it seems like often when a woman is confident in her own skin that people view this as a negative or as egotistical. Seeing how some of the other women treated Caila, I think part of this was the perception that "Caila thinks she's perfect and pretty" and in turn the other women IMO felt they needed to knock her down (which again isn't to say that Caila is perfect or that people couldn't dislike her). But I do think there's a toxic element in the thinking that a woman can't be confident in who she is, or feel beautiful. IMO that shouldn't be viewed as a negative or as the equivalent of being arrogant. When Caila entered Paradise Carly talked about how the guys all reacted towards her. Jared (the guy who never was really interested in anyone) was interested in Caila. I think this didn't go unnoticed (eg: Lace "slap a b*tch" Morris) and in part at least affected how Caila was related to. This is also alongside Ashley actually describing Caila as her only real threat. I think that says a lot.

It's great that Caila seems to have good friends in NYC, and I don't think it's an accident that they are seemingly all successful and secure adults happy in themselves. All JMO.

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by theboy'smom Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:51 pm

It's interesting to me that when Ellen asked each guest what their jobs are Caila responded, "Marketing Manager" since she quit that job before she even left for After Paradise last week. If she's as secure and confident as she projects IMO she would have come clean and said she recently quit her job and is working on other projects. Not quite as honest as she could have been IMO. Maybe she doesn't want to be clumped together with some of the other formers who are trying to make a living through blogging and modeling like she seems to be doing now. IMO she's losing her appeal as the level headed girl. She's definitely not taking the road less traveled in former bachelor land. IMO she's just following the rest of the crowd down the path of least resistance to d-lister celebrity. I hope she snaps out of it and turns it around sooner rather than later.

theboy'smom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:21 pm

theboy'smom wrote:It's interesting to me that when Ellen asked each guest what their jobs are Caila responded, "Marketing Manager" since she quit that job before she even left for After Paradise last week. If she's as secure and confident as she projects IMO she would have come clean and said she recently quit her job and is working on other projects. Not quite as honest as she could have been IMO. Maybe she doesn't want to be clumped together with some of the other formers who are trying to make a living through blogging and modeling like she seems to be doing now. IMO she's losing her appeal as the level headed girl. She's definitely not taking the road less traveled in former bachelor land. IMO she's just following the rest of the crowd down the path of least resistance to d-lister celebrity. I hope she snaps out of it and turns it around sooner rather than later.

Do you have confirmation that she is not working in a marketing manager position. She maybe doing this part time or as a consultant still.

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:36 pm

We haven't actually had any confirmation regarding her "quitting" anything. Caila was very happily hanging out with her boss the day before she went on a week-long vacation with her family. And the week before Caila was still doing her job as a marketing manager eg: that Richard Quest twitter post and the HuffPo podcast. As @Eviebloom suggested, I'd guess she's still working as a marketing consultant, whether that's with her previous employer or not. She was hardly being dishonest, seeing as her primary income was from being a marketing manager about a week ago (and she's only had a couple of blog posts since the show aired). Being level-headed IMO isn't mutually exclusive with taking the opportunities that can come with the franchise. Caila going on the show in the first place shows that she wanted to utilize those opportunities. Again, I don't think that the blogging aspect in and of itself is a negative. It's an attractive way for someone who likes travel and fashion to earn money, and is certainly in alignment with her marketing experience.

If Caila's only instagram posts were just selfie's and teeth whitening products then I'd be pretty bored too. And while I'm sure there will be sponsored content (unfortunately that's the way of the social media world) if she's traveling and posting gorgeous pics then I say go for it. All JMO.

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Ellen wasn't interviewing Calia for a job where Calia would be expected to give a detailed description of her current employment. The question called for a short response and "marketing manager" was entirely appropriate IMO.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:51 pm

On Ellen show
summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 999984aaabbb2

summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 999984aaabbb1

summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 999984aaabbb0
my scs
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:22 pm

siena wrote:summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 2qtby55
N Y  summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 1f5fd  F W ••• Back in the city and can't wait for my first fashion week! Grateful to be invited and will be keeping my eye out for great fall inspiration -  summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 1f4f7  @kaylacoleslaw by @cailaquinn

In pics like these I get an old Hollywood glamor vibe.  They are my fav type she poses for.  A bit of mystery, very classic and feminine.
I don't follow her except in the forum.  
Is she signed with a modelling agency?  She has a lot of professional quality selfies.
I know a lot of Sharleen Joynt's great selfies were taken by her sister who is a photographer so Caila may have a gifted photog friend in the wings.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:17 pm

summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 14272671_605614076278026_252599353_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTMzNDI0NjYxODExNTEyNDE2Nw%3D%3D

summer - Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2 - Page 56 12854254_894761500660526_906114963_n.jpg?se=7&ig_cache_key=MTMzNDI0Njk5MzQwNDc3MDEwMw%3D%3D

source
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:56 pm

I just listened to the newest "Here to Make Friends" podcast and Emma has a conversation with Caila in it. It covered a lot of what we've discussed here. But in summary, Caila said that everyone was now in a good place and so I got the impression that she didn't want to stir up any more drama so she kept it sane, positive, and respectful.

* Jared and Caila gave it a shot for 6 weeks and would visit each other and both put effort in, but at the end of the day they just weren't compatible. And it didn't ultimately have to do with Ashley because when true love is meant to be it'll conquer all.
* Caila said that she and Jared both made mistakes, and that they just weren't the right fit for each other.
* Jared is the guy everyone is rooting for from the cast, and that's a lot of pressure. Everyone was wanting him to find "the one".
* Jared having stronger feelings for Caila than she did for him created disdain within the cast.
* Caila said to Carly that her feelings were at 70% and just not all the way there yet. It's not that she was trying to deceive anybody.
* Emma mentioned that it's difficult because sometimes you do feel strongly right away and sometimes it grows. And that all of this happened within a span of 11 days.
* Caila said she was a little guarded with people, and on the show you're expected to react to everything strongly. When Lace said she didn't like Caila, Caila heard that. But the fact that Caila didn't react to it meant people said things like "oh she's a robot" when it's more that she felt it wasn't worth starting something over. She's just a more private person and was being true to her character, but she understands that everyone's judging everyone and doesn't place blame on anyone.
* She feels that her conversations were taken out of context and people will hear what they want to hear and take away what they want to from a conversation. She does feel in her heart that things were misconstrued and it became a game of telephone, but that it's in the past and they're moving forward.
* She learned from the experience that she needs to be more decisive with her heart, go with her gut, and trust that.

That conversation kind of confirmed a lot of what I thought about what went on. Hopefully everyone really can move forward now. Smiley

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:10 pm

Thanks for that recap @siena. If Calia wasn't already so busy with the opportunities that have come to her, she could give seminars on how to move on with real life with class, dignity and graciousness after reality show "fame" and the sm hate that follows.

I can think of a "few" alum that would benefit from some life lessons from Calia about not sinking to the bottom feeder level of the sm trolls and just living your life....

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Caila Quinn - BIP - Season 3 - Discussion - #2

+68
IWouldMarryAshleyI
Joy15
veg_out
Sprite
kimberlyg