Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!


Enjoy!

Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by y3llowy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:16 am

@Bobette wrote:
@y3llowy wrote:
@Bobette wrote:

All good points @makeover, but just to play Devil's Advocate:

Maybe Georgia was so into him after the first date that she told the producers he'd definitely be going through to the finals and they orchestrated the other single dates to make it look like there were other viable options.  They may have planned from the start to have Matty and Lee (who were bound to be fan favourites) plus a third of Georgia's choosing.  

Even though they haven't been shown on-screen very much I expect there would be a fair amount of off-time when the cameras are not rolling and it would be possible to develop a genuine relationship with someone that way.  She's obviously still keen on him given her OTT emotional reaction to his love letter which lets face it wasn't exactly Shakespeare.

Re: spoiler photos, after last year, maybe they plotted to have two public, highly visible dates for the non-F1s and then the F1 date somewhere secret and impenetrable to paps.  Like maybe around a rooftop pool.  On a 55 story hotel...  Also, before today's date there were an equal number of videos about Jake as there were about Lee on the TenPlay site.

EDIT:  I just watched the clip of Georgia and Jake on their SQT.  He was saying lots of nice things, she was saying a lot of "thank yous", but not giving him much else.  She didn't initiate the kiss, or grab the back of his neck like she did on their first date (and she has been doing with Lee and Matty).  Sad to say after watching that, I think he might be a goner.

@Bobette: regarding to youe EDIT part. Do you remember how do you react when you are really fall in ❤️ with a guy? Will you talk a lot or will you be speechless and don't know what to say??

I see your point @y3llowy but if you're falling in love with someone you don't usually say things like "I was hoping the chemistry wouldn't be there".  Also compare her body language to their first date - she's leaning back, her lips are tight/pursed - she's comfortable with him but it doesn't look intimate IMO.  

And then there's this exchange:
Jake: "When we're together, I feel like there's no one else around."
Georgia: "Thank you. I like that."
If she was in love with him, a more likely answer would have been "I know what you mean" or "me too" or "I agree".

They showed hardly any of the kiss, and cut instead to her saying he makes her feel special and important and that's a rare thing... except it's apparently not that rare because she said practically exactly the same thing after her date with Matty.  

It felt like a goodbye kiss to me.

I hope you are wrong or I will cry badly

y3llowy

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by y3llowy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:37 am

@Bobette : if that's a good bye kiss i will cry so bad

y3llowy

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by y3llowy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:41 am

@Bobette : if that's a good bye kiss i will cry so bad

I got different impression though. The way I see is Georgia speechless because she just realized that her feeling towards him is so deep, nothing's changed since their first date. I saw her trying so hard to cover her feeling in that date. Do you remember how embarassed she was after their first kiss? This time she's trying so hard to not to be blushed again.

And regarding to her statement "I was hoping the chemistry wouldn't be there". Everything she said in past tense. So she said about their chemistry since they met. Surely if she didn't fall in ❤️ with Jake since beginning, the whole journey gonna be easier, she didn't need to cover her feeling towards him.

I do believe Georgia is very emotional woman. She even cried when she need to send home Tommy. I believe she was genuine when being emotional after tonight 1 on 1 time with Jake, so was after Matty SD. With Matty only once she was look so emotional aka vulnerable. But with Jake I spotted everytime, starting from out of limo convo, first date, love letter, and tonight.

IA I don't believe they are so intimate on Jake HTD at Gold Coast if she meant it as a good bye kiss. Papz spotted they were kissing a whole day, even when the camera is off

y3llowy

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by makeover on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:19 am

This may not mean he is F1 but I have noticed that Georgia seems to open up more about her (real) self whenever she's with Jake. There's a different look in her eyes when she was telling him about her parents, her reasons on coming onto and show and in this episode, how hard HTDs will be for her and that sometimes she gets swept up in all the fairy tale romance before reality hits her. I really like that, because I feel like I get to know her better. The Georgia that's not "on" for TV.

This may just mean he's a good listener or she feels she can confide in him as a friend, but I like seeing that on a show like this where most of the time is edited to show big swoony scenes or declarations only.

And FWIW, they had continuity with their kiss music. They played the same music in tonight's kiss as what was played during their first kiss.

makeover

Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by BlackHalo on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:40 pm

@makeover wrote:This may not mean he is F1 but I have noticed that Georgia seems to open up more about her (real) self whenever she's with Jake. There's a different look in her eyes when she was telling him about her parents, her reasons on coming onto and show and in this episode, how hard HTDs will be for her and that sometimes she gets swept up in all the fairy tale romance before reality hits her. I really like that, because I feel like I get to know her better. The Georgia that's not "on" for TV.

This may just mean he's a good listener or she feels she can confide in him as a friend, but I like seeing that on a show like this where most of the time is edited to show big swoony scenes or declarations only.

And FWIW, they had continuity with their kiss music. They played the same music in tonight's kiss as what was played during their first kiss.
IA. I like that we saw Jake asking Georgia about her life and family from day 1. I think he was genuinely interested in her.

Unfortunately for Jake, having the first solo date was a disadvantage. There are other guys on her radar now.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 2430
Join date : 2015-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by 4health on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:04 pm

@Bobette wrote:
@y3llowy wrote:
@Bobette wrote:

All good points @makeover, but just to play Devil's Advocate:

Maybe Georgia was so into him after the first date that she told the producers he'd definitely be going through to the finals and they orchestrated the other single dates to make it look like there were other viable options.  They may have planned from the start to have Matty and Lee (who were bound to be fan favourites) plus a third of Georgia's choosing.  

Even though they haven't been shown on-screen very much I expect there would be a fair amount of off-time when the cameras are not rolling and it would be possible to develop a genuine relationship with someone that way.  She's obviously still keen on him given her OTT emotional reaction to his love letter which lets face it wasn't exactly Shakespeare.

Re: spoiler photos, after last year, maybe they plotted to have two public, highly visible dates for the non-F1s and then the F1 date somewhere secret and impenetrable to paps.  Like maybe around a rooftop pool.  On a 55 story hotel...  Also, before today's date there were an equal number of videos about Jake as there were about Lee on the TenPlay site.

EDIT:  I just watched the clip of Georgia and Jake on their SQT.  He was saying lots of nice things, she was saying a lot of "thank yous", but not giving him much else.  She didn't initiate the kiss, or grab the back of his neck like she did on their first date (and she has been doing with Lee and Matty).  Sad to say after watching that, I think he might be a goner.

@Bobette: regarding to youe EDIT part. Do you remember how do you react when you are really fall in ❤️ with a guy? Will you talk a lot or will you be speechless and don't know what to say??

I see your point @y3llowy but if you're falling in love with someone you don't usually say things like "I was hoping the chemistry wouldn't be there".  Also compare her body language to their first date - she's leaning back, her lips are tight/pursed - she's comfortable with him but it doesn't look intimate IMO.  

And then there's this exchange:
Jake: "When we're together, I feel like there's no one else around."
Georgia: "Thank you. I like that."
If she was in love with him, a more likely answer would have been "I know what you mean" or "me too" or "I agree".

They showed hardly any of the kiss, and cut instead to her saying he makes her feel special and important and that's a rare thing... except it's apparently not that rare because she said practically exactly the same thing after her date with Matty.  

It felt like a goodbye kiss to me.
@Bobette enjoy your comments....it is just fun to see just how different we see things. There hasn't been one single date or SQT that highlighted the first date like they did with Jake last night. Matty J even said himself that his so called 2nd 1:1 was really his first because the other one was short on RC day. ....why? because Georgia has questions about him and trying to find romance or if there is more which ended up being the same with Lee last night. She had questions about Lee also, doesn't sound like she knew he is the one and she liked him over anyone else. Did you hear her or see her have any questions about Jake to find romance, no it was there from the start! Even Courtney made a comment about just how great Jake's date must have been to have him get a rose each RC. Tptb brought Jake back to the front and bring their story in focus IMO. They had to have other stories seem strong to give them a show....I really think Jake knock her off her feet! I will say it again that she takes F3 to S'pore and Matty J is let go early IMO....I am okay if I am wrong also. LOL

4health

Female Posts : 1116
Join date : 2011-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by Margie C on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:53 pm

I LOVE the revival of the Jake as F1 idea and/or some kind of twist! He seems the most genuinely into her and has asked her more than once "How are you feeling?" He seems to have more perspective of the real world and be more grounded than many of the other guys. This shines through in the way he carries himself, the questions he asks her, and his declaration that he's looking for *the* relationship (and I believe him--not necessarily the case with all of the others). All to say that I have liked him from the beginning and was convinced he would be F1 given his edit, especially in ep 1 (red carpet entrance), which is always very revealing, and subsequent ITMs/VOs, which confirmed him as a 'slow and steady' person in the background following their first SD. That and the fact that Osher supposedly called her F1 on night one, which to me could only be Jake or Lee. (I also can't remember a time when this franchise in either AU/US/Canada/NZ ever had an F1 without a proper red carpet, i.e. I'd count Matty out for this editing reason alone.) However, this thought went out the window once the pap images of Matty and Lee in Singapore appeared. I now find it unlikely that Jake could be F1 unless this idea that a third Singapore date bears out. Is there one mag reporting this alleged third date or more than one? Could anyone please post a link to said article (apologies if I've missed it)? The problem with this theory is that all the articles which have mentioned Georgia keeping the secret of her F1 have said that only her dad and sister know about her final *two", because they met them. This to me suggests that only those who went to Singapore met her dad and sister, which again, points to Matty and Lee. Having examined the images of the mysterious man diving into the pool, I'm certain it's either Matty or Lee, and not Jake, given skin tone and hair colour. I suppose the other thing that took the wind out of the Jake as F1 sails IMHO is their last one-on-one chat where she went in trying to find a reason not to like him, to make the eliminations easier. That doesn't bode well and her body language was generally distant and rigid. Until, that is, the chemistry came back and they kissed. Hot kiss, hotter to me than her kiss with Lee, which seemed more contrived. I also have to say that I appreciate Jake most of the F3 as a "regular" (but obviously extremely attractive) man. He doesn't have the modelling backstory like many of the men, including Lee and Matt. I'm not of course saying that these two or any of the others who've done modelling are only on the show to promote this career, but rather, that Jake seems like an especially down to earth guy who would really go the distance to make the relationship work were he to make it to F1. He said in the NW interview with the final 10 guys that he would move for Georgia no problem were he the F1. He's also the right age (so many studies show that couples are on average a year to two apart--again, not saying it's the only model, but it's very common) and at the right life stage. So yeah, it's nice to think that Jake is F1 and only time will tell if there's a major twist at the end!

Margie C

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by 4health on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:38 pm

@Margie C wrote:I LOVE the revival of the Jake as F1 idea and/or some kind of twist! He seems the most genuinely into her and has asked her more than once "How are you feeling?" He seems to have more perspective of the real world and be more grounded than many of the other guys. This shines through in the way he carries himself, the questions he asks her, and his declaration that he's looking for *the* relationship (and I believe him--not necessarily the case with all of the others). All to say that I have liked him from the beginning and was convinced he would be F1 given his edit, especially in ep 1 (red carpet entrance), which is always very revealing, and subsequent ITMs/VOs, which confirmed him as a 'slow and steady' person in the background following their first SD. That and the fact that Osher supposedly called her F1 on night one, which to me could only be Jake or Lee. (I also can't remember a time when this franchise in either AU/US/Canada/NZ ever had an F1 without a proper red carpet, i.e. I'd count Matty out for this editing reason alone.) However, this thought went out the window once the pap images of Matty and Lee in Singapore appeared. I now find it unlikely that Jake could be F1 unless this idea that a third Singapore date bears out. Is there one mag reporting this alleged third date or more than one? Could anyone please post a link to said article (apologies if I've missed it)? The problem with this theory is that all the articles which have mentioned Georgia keeping the secret of her F1 have said that only her dad and sister know about her final *two", because they met them. This to me suggests that only those who went to Singapore met her dad and sister, which again, points to Matty and Lee. Having examined the images of the mysterious man diving into the pool, I'm certain it's either Matty or Lee, and not Jake, given skin tone and hair colour. I suppose the other thing that took the wind out of the Jake as F1 sails IMHO is their last one-on-one chat where she went in trying to find a reason not to like him, to make the eliminations easier. That doesn't bode well and her body language was generally distant and rigid. Until, that is, the chemistry came back and they kissed. Hot kiss, hotter to me than her kiss with Lee, which seemed more contrived. I also have to say that I appreciate Jake most of the F3 as a "regular" (but obviously extremely attractive) man. He doesn't have the modelling backstory like many of the men, including Lee and Matt. I'm not of course saying that these two or any of the others who've done modelling are only on the show to promote this career, but rather, that Jake seems like an especially down to earth guy who would really go the distance to make the relationship work were he to make it to F1. He said in the NW interview with the final 10 guys that he would move for Georgia no problem were he the F1. He's also the right age (so many studies show that couples are on average a year to two apart--again, not saying it's the only model, but it's very common) and at the right life stage. So yeah, it's nice to think that Jake is F1 and only time will tell if there's a major twist at the end!

@MargieC clapping! I like your thoughts. I do view a few things differently pertaining to your read of their 1:1 SQT Georgia/Jake. ITA with your assessment of Matty J and red carpet. I posted my findings right after that Ep1 and what I viewed. What EP1 told me is that Matty J is not the F1 no matter how hard they try to make me think otherwise (Love connection, 2nd 1:1, and including pap S'pore images) I am not buying what they are selling. Why would the media (I think directed by Bach Production) one week post the pap pictures of Jake's HTD with Georgia and their kissing off camera. Then the next week before F5 and HTD media comes out with F2 in S'pore. If they had those pictures for a while they could have waited until the week of the F3 or after HTD, why now? I think because tptb is in control of their story. It very well might be just those two in S'pore and that is fine but I am not the person to sit back and say okay that's it just because it matches what I want and supports what I see as a viewer with my favorite. I can't wait to see HTDs.

4health

Female Posts : 1116
Join date : 2011-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by robinvi on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:05 pm

What I cant get out of my head, is why do they keep panning to Jake's reaction after every rose. They did something similar to Alex. We got to see her reaction to the roses. I don't know if that means very much but they do this very often.

robinvi

Posts : 311
Join date : 2015-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by Margie C on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:13 pm

A new Daily Mail article on Jake, but quotes seem to come from OK! Australia that isn't available online (I'm new and so unable to include the link). If anyone finds the original OK! article, please do post!!

Margie C

Posts : 15
Join date : 2016-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by makeover on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:43 pm

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/jake-ellis-takes-bachelorette-georgia-love-to-his-benowa-waters-home/news-story/d2fcae1d7472d2078229417afafedb44

Shallow note: I have to say I really like these pics if him at the beach.
And for someone who isn't as ripped as all the rest of the guys in the show (just look at those shirtless pics, he looks like a normal dude and not a model), I have to say he is really attractive. Could be the personality and how he holds himself.

makeover

Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by y3llowy on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:32 pm

@makeover wrote:This may not mean he is F1 but I have noticed that Georgia seems to open up more about her (real) self whenever she's with Jake. There's a different look in her eyes when she was telling him about her parents, her reasons on coming onto and show and in this episode, how hard HTDs will be for her and that sometimes she gets swept up in all the fairy tale romance before reality hits her. I really like that, because I feel like I get to know her better. The Georgia that's not "on" for TV.

This may just mean he's a good listener or she feels she can confide in him as a friend, but I like seeing that on a show like this where most of the time is edited to show big swoony scenes or declarations only.

And FWIW, they had continuity with their kiss music. They played the same music in tonight's kiss as what was played during their first kiss.

Regarding to the music, my friend has spotted long time ago that the music for Jake when he's walking away back to the mansion after out of limo conversation was same with Sasha in Sam F season

y3llowy

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:40 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum