SELECT CONTENT

Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by fangirlsamuri Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:20 am

4health wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
nd4reality wrote:If Jake is in fact f1, wouldn't he be happy and focusing on his new relationship instead of finding something to whine about his fellow contestant in the media  ? It just seems odd to me.
I have had the same dilemma. His whining is off-putting and not very kind (especially if he ends up as F1) and especially since he is bad mouthing someone who hasn't said a bad word about him. It definitely seems odd to do for an F1 not to be focusing on the relationship. Also, it was a bit off-putting seeing him say in that BTS video photoshoot (when he says he is number 1). I don't know... I just haven't warmed to him on the show or off-show yet so if he is F1 I will be ambivalent about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am interested in what context you see him whining?  I haven't followed all the articles, SM etc.   In the BTS video to me he was kidding because he has a friendship with Matty J.....if you noticed in the last episode it was Jake that supported Matty J with his "get to know Matty" he was telling him to go for it and when Matty J went to approach Georgia you see Jake step back and let him do his thing.   Jake also was the one that said he has the poppers "genius".   We all see things differently and I am for sure the one that sees things different.  Spice of life right!

I see that as well! Also, when Matty was doing charades and Jake was like"He's so good at that game!". from my perspective, Jake is really invested, that would be a mix of their great connection and receiving the first SD, and that brings out a more jealous side out him. But what's important is how deeply he feels for her and I'm excited to get to finally be able to see more of that - regardless of whether or not he's F1 (which I'm inclining towards atm).

fangirlsamuri

Back to top Go down

Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

Post by 4health Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 pm

fangirlsamuri wrote:
4health wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
I have had the same dilemma. His whining is off-putting and not very kind (especially if he ends up as F1) and especially since he is bad mouthing someone who hasn't said a bad word about him. It definitely seems odd to do for an F1 not to be focusing on the relationship. Also, it was a bit off-putting seeing him say in that BTS video photoshoot (when he says he is number 1). I don't know... I just haven't warmed to him on the show or off-show yet so if he is F1 I will be ambivalent about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am interested in what context you see him whining?  I haven't followed all the articles, SM etc.   In the BTS video to me he was kidding because he has a friendship with Matty J.....if you noticed in the last episode it was Jake that supported Matty J with his "get to know Matty" he was telling him to go for it and when Matty J went to approach Georgia you see Jake step back and let him do his thing.   Jake also was the one that said he has the poppers "genius".   We all see things differently and I am for sure the one that sees things different.  Spice of life right!

I see that as well! Also, when Matty was doing charades and Jake was like"He's so good at that game!". from my perspective, Jake is really invested, that would be a mix of their great connection and receiving the first SD, and that brings out a more jealous side out him. But what's important is how deeply he feels for her and I'm excited to get to finally be able to see more of that - regardless of whether or not he's F1 (which I'm inclining towards atm).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you saw again in the episode Matty J teasing Jake about not getting the SD date. It is always very hard to have the first date and then sit back and watch everyone else get more time and move their relationship forward and not you being able to build on what you have started. If Jake is F1 (which I truly believe he is) him not getting time/SQT on GD that shows just how great that first date was.

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:16 pm

I love Jake and they had a GREAT first date but I'm gonna have to see more of him with Georgia. I don't see him standing next to anyone in F2 and winning at this point.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:29 pm

I just have to say that if Jake is in fact f1 then our sleuthing stats and trends are slightly off.

It has never happened in the US that the first date guy or gal gets the final rose.
Unless one of you can remember in any season for US at least.

Also, the F1 that is the intended F1 would typically get a second date prior to HTs unless he/she is the surprise element like Catherine on Seans season. Even Chris (Des) got 2 1on1 dates though at that point she was still hung up on Brooks.
So 2 items that are odd to me from the trends POV.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:13 pm

nd4reality wrote:I just have to say that if Jake is in fact f1 then our sleuthing stats and trends are slightly off.

It has never happened in the US that the first date guy or gal gets the final rose.

Also, the F1 that is the intended F1 would typically get a second date prior to HTs unless he/she is the surprise element like Catherine on Seans season. Even Chris (Des) got 2 1on1 dates though at that point she was still hung up on Brooks.

Just the fact that he doesnt get a 2nd SD tells me he isnt F1.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:59 pm

nd4reality wrote:I just have to say that if Jake is in fact f1 then our sleuthing stats and trends are slightly off.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  In the US franchise Roberto got the FIR and was F1 in Ali's season.   Plus I believe Jordan on JoJo's I believe was also FIR and was F1.

Also, I can see Jake receive the GD rose which guarantees a HTD.  But, since this season brought the "gold ticket" etc. it might have changed up the format a bit and the ones that got 2nd SD were guys she needed more time with?  Just a few thoughts....

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by fangirlsamuri Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:53 pm

I agree . I think with 2nd SD, it's more of a time to figure things that she may be unsure of or further explore the connection (as seen with Matty) and is extremely crucial before HTDs. Jake not having a 2nd SD doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing - it could signify that she was confident enough in what they had she already wanted to continue further with him (HTDs). That's a big thing!

fangirlsamuri

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:00 pm

4health wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  In the US franchise Roberto got the FIR and was F1 in Ali's season.   Plus I believe Jordan on JoJo's I believe was also FIR and was F1.

Also, I can see Jake receive the GD rose which guarantees a HTD.  But, since this season brought the "gold ticket" etc. it might have changed up the format a bit and the ones that got 2nd SD were guys she needed more time with?  Just a few thoughts....

Didn't Courtney receive FIR
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by fangirlsamuri Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Also, I'm kind of hoping that when Lee gets called for the 2nd SD, Jake asks Georgia what's up or she explains why they haven't had another date to him, would be interesting to see both their reactions/explanations

fangirlsamuri

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:07 pm

fangirlsamuri wrote:I agree . I think with 2nd SD, it's more of a time to figure things that she may be unsure of or further explore the connection (as seen with Matty) and is extremely crucial before HTDs. Jake not having a 2nd SD doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing - it could signify that she was confident enough in what they had she already wanted to continue further with him (HTDs). That's a big thing!

This is how I see it too - I re-watched the first episode and her reaction to Jake was the best of all the intros, then she wanted to see him straight away and gave him the first date, which left her flushed and giggling. It seems like everything from there on has been to see if anyone else 'measured up'. Osher apparently said he could see from the beginning who she was going to pick, which counts Matty out in my opinion as it was such a slow burn. Jake wins, surely?!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:12 pm

fangirlsamuri wrote:I agree . I think with 2nd SD, it's more of a time to figure things that she may be unsure of or further explore the connection (as seen with Matty) and is extremely crucial before HTDs. Jake not having a 2nd SD doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing - it could signify that she was confident enough in what they had she already wanted to continue further with him (HTDs). That's a big thing!

He got the 1st date in week 2 and doesnt get a 2nd single date? Imo he is only getting HTD because 4people have to as per the premise of the show and not because what they had in episode 2 sustained them for the finale.

He didnt even get any SQT on group dates! Or am I missing something? MHO

Back to top Go down

Post by fangirlsamuri Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:18 pm

Bobette wrote:

This is how I see it too - I re-watched the first episode and her reaction to Jake was the best of all the intros, then she wanted to see him straight away and gave him the first date, which left her flushed and giggling.  It seems like everything from there on has been to see if anyone else 'measured up'.  Osher apparently said he could see from the beginning who she was going to pick, which counts Matty out in my opinion as it was such a slow burn.  Jake wins, surely?!

Yeah! That first night when she met him, she could barely hold back from saying the funniest things because of how nervous/overwhelmed she was by his presence! I remember her saying something "you smell really nice" and immediately blushing - which was such a stitch up, she got so embarrassed Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion - Page 5 3806527698 - and how she watched him walk all the way back into the house, with her mouth slightly open, before saying "oo, ,yeap...yeah, i like him", she could barely control herself. It reminded me so much of Sam frost when Sash first came and she was saying how the night had just begun!

And their first date, she even said in an article something like 'watching it back home, i was so embarrassed, my face was the same colour as my red top' and that intense physical attraction/chemistry she always mentions in interviews. Just things like that I think really put aside the editing and make you focus on just that connection, which they have in spades.

fangirlsamuri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Jake Ellis - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - Discussion

+22
robinvi
Margie C
makeover
brownravens
y3llowy