SELECT CONTENT

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

Page 74 of 81 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 77 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 74 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

Post by coolangel Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Interesting discussion for sure! Hugesmile

I agree with the ones who said that shilling is shilling and doesn't matter if someone does less/more or are selective. It's all the same to me. After hearing how much these contestants can get paid for posting one pic, I have realized that I would do it too if I were in their shoes.  laugh out loud

I do want to chime in on criticism about couples doing multiple reality shoes which I read upthread. I don't think couples should be criticized for that in comparison to others who haven't done it. There is no way to know if the others were even offered one and what they would have done in that scenario. Case in point: Kaitlyn could have been praised 2 years back for not doing DWTS and putting her relationship with Shawn first. Now we know, it was coz she wasn't allowed and not coz she didn't want it and was giving more importance to her relationship with Shawn. I know it's not her thread, just stating an example. Someone mentioned upthread that Jojo and Jordan didn't do a reality show afterwards. IMO we don't know if they were offered one and what they would have done in that scenario. So using that as a metric kinda falls flat IMO.

All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 74 Empty Re: JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

Post by ReneeM Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:32 pm

This thread is STILL popping ? laugh out loud Bottom line for me is Jo's doing Extra, idc about the criticism, I think it's great. And I'm still gonna hop in BenLo's thread and talk sh*t because I don't like Ben, and I'll still go in Nissa's thread and talk sh*t because I don't like Vanessa and I barely like Nick. And if Jo^3, Boothestowe, Des/Chris (I know they probably won't but I like them so I'm including them), Rachel/whoever she ends up with, do the same thing I've criticized others for, Dis gon' be me:

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 74 Kris10
https://images.google.ca

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:38 pm

sosleepy wrote:
StacyNor wrote:
lexforlife wrote:I  say strike while the iron is still hot, even their fan accounts are getting shilling opportunities .( Can we get an insta account, I  am quite sure all the posts I've made today would have earned me a pretty sum),laugh out loud.
Really? Damn, let me go start a fan account giggling .

LOL! Let's start a collective account and split the profits. Enough stalking goes on here to rival many of those IG fan accounts. laugh out loud 

I would LOVE if someone would put in the time to do a spreadsheet for who shills what and when. Finding out the monetary incentive, even better. I'm guessing couples like BenLo and Jo^3 and SeanCat who have more followers make just as much, probably more, than the also rans who post constantly. Because they have more followers, they are the privileged and can chose to shill less. That creates the aura that they are "more selective." Probably more like just in a better position to be choosey. That's all.

Yep. It's not that they're more selective, they just have a different selection to start off with IMO. I'm sure most of these people turn stuff down daily, since there are loads and loads of companies out there and SM marketing is the thing these days. If they took every offer, they'd probably be posting several ads a day and would quickly lose their followers. That's why I think most are selective to an extent. It's just easier to turn down teeth whitening or whatever when big well-known brands are offering you big money (and you're already well-off). That's why I agree with the notion that shilling is shilling is shilling. If you have 2 million followers and post one ad a month for $10k, it doesn't mean you're somehow classier than those who post two ads per week for $1000, it just means you're lucky. JMO.

As for making a spreadsheet, it would have to be a running tally, since so much of the shilling is done on Snapchat and IG stories these days and disappears after a day. If someone wants to go through everyone's SM daily with a pen in hand, feel free! laugh out loud
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:44 pm

ReneeM wrote:This thread is STILL popping ? laugh out loud Bottom line for me is Jo's doing Extra, idc about the criticism, I think it's great. And I'm still gonna hop in BenLo's thread and talk sh*t because I don't like Ben, and I'll still go in Nissa's thread and talk sh*t because I don't like Vanessa and I barely like Nick. And if Jo^3, Boothestowe, Des/Chris (I know they probably won't but I like them so I'm including them), Rachel/whoever she ends up with, do the same thing I've criticized others for, Dis gon' be me:

There's nothing wrong with that. The issue is it's difficult when things get heated and they can give it but can't take it and other members are thrown shade for doing the very same thing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:54 pm

ReneeM wrote:This thread is STILL popping ? laugh out loud Bottom line for me is Jo's doing Extra, idc about the criticism, I think it's great. And I'm still gonna hop in BenLo's thread and talk sh*t because I don't like Ben, and I'll still go in Nissa's thread and talk sh*t because I don't like Vanessa and I barely like Nick. And if Jo^3, Boothestowe, Des/Chris (I know they probably won't but I like them so I'm including them), Rachel/whoever she ends up with, do the same thing I've criticized others for, Dis gon' be me:

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2 - Page 74 Kris10
https://images.google.ca
You and your gifs make me laugh every time. Thanks! 

The thing for me is that this discussion has been all about shilling, which is fine obviously, but I know that even though I've said Jordan and JoJo have been selective in terms of shilling, I don't really recall snarking on the other couples for shilling. Sure, I've said some do it more than others, but I really only harp on one couple and it's never even really been about shilling when it came to those two people. There are far more things to talk about than shilling. I don't know laugh out loud

Last edited by Ash2214 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:55 pm

coolangel wrote:Interesting discussion for sure! Hugesmile

I agree with the ones who said that shilling is shilling and doesn't matter if someone does less/more or are selective. It's all the same to me. After hearing how much these contestants can get paid for posting one pic, I have realized that I would do it too if I were in their shoes.  laugh out loud

I do want to chime in on criticism about couples doing multiple reality shoes which I read upthread. I don't think couples should be criticized for that in comparison to others who haven't done it. There is no way to know if the others were even offered one and what they would have done in that scenario. Case in point: Kaitlyn could have been praised 2 years back for not doing DWTS and putting her relationship with Shawn first. Now we know, it was coz she wasn't allowed and not coz she didn't want it and was giving more importance to her relationship with Shawn. I know it's not her thread, just stating an example. Someone mentioned upthread that Jojo and Jordan didn't do a reality show afterwards. IMO we don't know if they were offered one and what they would have done in that scenario. So using that as a metric kinda falls flat IMO.

All JMO.

Exactly. We just don't know. I believe even when HEA premiered, JoJo said they wouldn't necessarily be opposed to their own tv show. She qualified like probably not, but never say never. I mean, a month ago she was just average little Jo who doesn't want the fame and doesn't need the money, doesn't want to try hosting, she's happy with her life in Dallas flipping houses. And now low and behold, she's on Extra's payroll. So like, time will tell for all of these people.

Another thing that I have noticed is JoJo and Jordan also spend quite a bit of time apart. I realize there are reasons, and Jordan works and yada, yada. But others have also been critiszed for time apart - many times while one was working, so same excuse JoJo/Jordan are gifted- and have been put through the ringer for that. So, to me, a spade is a spade. I have also noticed JoJo start to slow down her wedding timeline in interviews. A lot less "getting married this year," and more of "we are getting to know each other and enjoying the courtship."  Totally fine and understandable. But if it warrants critisicm and questioning for one couple, it shouldn't be off the table for Jo^3. IMO.

Last edited by sosleepy on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:58 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

There's nothing wrong with that. The issue is it's difficult when things get heated and they can give it but can't take it and other members are thrown shade for doing the very same thing.

***EDIT*** I do think Jo^3 have been more selective with the ads they do, but in the fan threads we also talk about the fact that they're not only very popular on SM but they're both also well off financially outside of this bachelor world so they can afford that luxury. Also for everything there's an equal and opposite reaction. Last year IMO there was some OTT criticism of both Jordan AND Jojo, so when they're out here proving people wrong, there's going to be some OTT praise. All JMO.

ETA: I actually love when this thread gets lit. It's fun IMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:02 pm

Rsosleepy wrote:
coolangel wrote:Interesting discussion for sure! Hugesmile

All JMO.

Exactly. We just don't know. I believe even when HEA premiered, JoJo said they wouldn't necessarily be opposed to their own tv show. She qualified like probably not, but never say never. I mean, a month ago she was just average little Jo who doesn't want the fame and doesn't need the money, doesn't want to try hosting, she's happy with her life in Dallas flipping houses. And now low and behold, she's on Extra's payroll. So like, time will tell for all of these people.

Another thing that I have noticed is JoJo and Jordan also spend quite a bit of time apart. I realize there are reasons, and Jordan works and yada, yada. But others have also been critiszed for time apart - many times while one was working, so same excuse JoJo/Jordan are gifted- and have been put through the ringer for that. So, to me, a spade is a spade.
Nah. As someone who obviously follows them closely, on average they're apart just a few days a month. This is the first month where it's been more than that. Jordan's been away this week with the SEC Network for the spring football games and JoJo clearly lined up work at the same time. They just got back from spending a week in chico with his parents and a trip to Tahoe with his family.

This isn't the right thread, but Jordan isn't willingly leaving JoJo behind on birthday's and what not so he can go on a trip with friends. He's working. All jmo

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:19 pm

(previous quoted posts edited out)
We aren't supposed to compare, right? It's hard not to sometimes. Sorry guys. Sometimes the discussion like warrants comparison and it's a balancing act around that. I think for me, there is just some frustration sometimes when a couple I like (or liked, since I've cooled on them laugh out loud) is shredded merciliously (and again, fine, fair game in their discussion thread) for things like spending time apart, doing a reality show,  obviously going through a rough patch, having some difficulties (that it appears they are working through) and slowing down wedding plans. Then turn around, and their direct comparison couple gets nothing but praise for everything, but when you look closer this couple also spends time apart, also must have issues from time-to-time, also seeks the limelight, also has slowed down wedding planning talk. That's all. It's all good though. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or shade any members.

@ash2214 You are a very articulate young lady. I enjoy reading your insight and you are a strong "debater." Props, girl. Sorry if you have felt snark from me, not my intent and I mean that.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:21 pm

sosleepy wrote:

Another thing that I have noticed is JoJo and Jordan also spend quite a bit of time apart. I realize there are reasons, and Jordan works and yada, yada. But others have also been critiszed for time apart - many times while one was working, so same excuse JoJo/Jordan are gifted- and have been put through the ringer for that. So, to me, a spade is a spade. I have also noticed JoJo start to slow down her wedding timeline in interviews. A lot less "getting married this year," and more of "we are getting to know each other and enjoying the courtship."  Totally fine and understandable. But if it warrants critisicm and questioning for one couple, it shouldn't be off the table for Jo^3. IMO.

I said it in the fan thread but I don't think I said it here that based on things Jojo's said, it seemed like the same thing that happened to Kaitlyn happened to her but IMO everything worked out for the best so I'm glad she doesn't seem bitter at all in any of her interviews. Also it's only been these past 2 months that work's picked up for them, but it's hard to criticize them for time apart when they stay together until the last possible moment before they separate. For example, Jordan's been in Nashville, then Missouri, now tbd for the past week, and Jojo's been in LA, Toronto, etc and IMO because they knew they were gonna be separated for an extended period of time, Jordan flew to LA for less than 2 days to spend that time with her before he had to leave for work, when it would've been easier to just fly to Nashville from Dallas. Jordan will literally get home from work go straight from the airport and go pick Jojo up from Soul cycle when he's clearly exhausted, he's done that several times. He tried to do his radio show from Dallas once, Jojo went and hung out with him while he worked but the guy he does it with is based in Nashville and there were communication issues. Bottom line is, they actually spend QUALITY time together IMO. Their travelling and separation is absolutely not the same as that other couple IMO. I don't think we should compare but I can bring receipts to prove the difference.

The wedding timeline's definitely changed. In her BT interview she says at first they were all gungho about getting married this year but they've both gotten so busy (which is actually very true) they just want to enjoy being engaged for a bit.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:30 pm

No worries, girl. @sosleepy

For as heated as it gets, discussion threads can be fun. I sometimes enjoy the back and forth. Ultimately, we don't know any of these people. It may not seem like it given all the discussion that goes on between all of us, but if any of these couples were to break up it wouldn't have any sort of effect on our lives. Watching the show is a guilty pleasure and discussing with you just adds some fun. 

Obviously it goes both ways. Some people like some contestants and couples and some people will disagree. I get it. JoJo and Jordan were ripped to shreds everywhere last summer, so I think the fact that they're doing so well and living above what everyone thought about them certainly plays into it. I think the fans or the people that like them praise them so much because of that. I will stand by saying that I personally and I think the others as well, have not purposely intended or have said these two are better or above the rest. I just personally think these two have done a great job at balancing work, building a life, etc. I'm sometimes shocked to see how far Jordan as gone for her time and time again. I'm glad to see they're doing so well it appears just like I'm glad that other couples are working out too. 

It's all just our opinions. I don't wish unhappiness on anyone, so I hope all of these couples work out! I hope they all get married and have cute babies! I hope they all shill heir little hearts out! No one is perfect, especially these silly freaking people that went on this silly freaking show laugh out loud 

It's all good. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:31 pm

@ReneeM Did I hear receipts? Bring em out, bring em out Hugesmile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 81 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 77 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JoJo Fletcher - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - Discussion - #2

+47
Cila51290
Boshem
hae1001
traveler90
mprssdbyu