SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 7 of 79 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by OnePromise Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:43 pm

He also cried when speaking with his mother about Andi and Kaitlyn. It wasn't a full on sob but tears were present.

I think that the hosts of GMA were laughing because he was full out sobbing while breaking her heart and she had a straight face. Opposite of how you would expect. And unfortunately, there is still inequality when evaluating the emotional reactions of men and women.  Many people feel that it's not ok for men to express their emotions with tears, let alone sobs. I think a man able to fully express his feelings is the rarest and most wonderful find.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by stuckinsc Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:45 pm

And some of us thought he was trying to cry, but doing a lousy job of it. I can't bring post over between threads, but the BiP had a few comments on it. I felt the tears were to increase sympathy for him and weren't for Jen at all. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:47 pm

They felt like fake tears he was trying to force. If that's what he's gonna do during his season I hope he is taking acting lessons because it was terrible IMO.

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 7 87b72b10 Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 7 86669110 Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 7 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:56 pm

OnePromise wrote:He also cried when speaking with his mother about Andi and Kaitlyn. It wasn't a full on sob but tears were present.

I think that the hosts of GMA were laughing because he was full out sobbing while breaking her heart and she had a straight face. Opposite of how you would expect. And unfortunately, there is still inequality when evaluating the emotional reactions of men and women.  Many people feel that it's not ok for men to express their emotions with tears, let alone sobs. I think a man able to fully express his feelings is the rarest and most wonderful find.

I agree with you Nick knows how it feels to be told you are not the one for me. He is a sensitive guy that does not like to hurt someone or see hurt. I am sure it was hard on him. I felt Nick tears were real and he was very upset that he hurt Jen. He has said nothing bad but totally the opposite of her. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:28 pm

I like Nick so perhaps those feelings slant my view, but I experienced Nick as genuine during BIP's FRC scene. I'm willing to concede that perhaps not all those feelings were for Jen directly, but I think it's reasonable that Nick was in touch with the hurt he felt from his own FRC rejections. I find it believable that he hated having to put someone else through similar pain and embarrassment. I also find it believable that he thought Jen was a great girl who deserved someone who would/could completely fall for her. It just wasn't him...and so it's believable to me that he was upset that he couldn't reciprocate those feelings.

I accept Nick's claim that he values authenticity in relationships no matter how messy it makes them. Thus, it's hard for me to believe he was acting...otherwise, he would be a hypocrite (imo). Nick can be a nuanced guy at times, but at his core, I don't think hypocrite is a legitimate label for him.

JMO

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 7 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:01 pm

mindless wrote:
TheWrongReasons wrote:I actually found their breakup quite sad and real, particularly when she said she had fallen in love with him and wanted to keep falling if he was willing to catch her ... only to receive his heartbreaking response that he wished he could tell his heart what to do ... if he could tell his heart what to do, he would tell it to choose her (paraphrased). :tissuebox

I think the squinty crying was due to the sun/sensitive eyes as he's squinted in previous scenes. Also, there's really no perfect way to act/come across during a breakup as everyone handles this differently - some are more awkward than others (and breakups themselves are inherently awkward). 

^all JMO

I thought it was real too. Actually I'd side-eye anyone who didn't get at least a little weepy while breaking someone's heart. Nick is a kind-hearted person and has been on the other side more than once. He genuinely felt bad and I don't think he expected Jen to say she's fallen in love, hence the little breakdown. JMO.

IA with you both. Didn't seem put on to me at all.
I was actually a little surprised (in a good way) that Jen seemed so willing to put herself out there since all along she was very aware that Nick was held back.
Good for her. If you don't put yourself out there, you never know. Too bad Nick didn't feel it for her. I think they share a similar outlook and would have made a nice couple.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:04 pm

whit90 wrote:
OnePromise wrote:He also cried when speaking with his mother about Andi and Kaitlyn. It wasn't a full on sob but tears were present.

I agree with you Nick knows how it feels to be told you are not the one for me. He is a sensitive guy that does not like to hurt someone or see hurt. I am sure it was hard on him. I felt Nick tears were real and he was very upset that he hurt Jen. He has said nothing bad but totally the opposite of her. JMO

Yes, Whit. IA. Nick certainly knows what it feels like... and so would be sensitive to someone else's pain.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:05 pm

Litta123 wrote:I like Nick so perhaps those feelings slant my view, but I experienced Nick as genuine during BIP's FRC scene. I'm willing to concede that perhaps not all those feelings were for Jen directly, but I think it's reasonable that Nick was in touch with the hurt he felt from his own FRC rejections. I find it believable that he hated having to put someone else through similar pain and embarrassment. I also find it believable that he thought Jen was a great girl who deserved someone who would/could completely fall for her. It just wasn't him...and so it's believable to me that he was upset that he couldn't reciprocate those feelings.

I accept Nick's claim that he values authenticity in relationships no matter how messy it makes them. Thus, it's hard for me to believe he was acting...otherwise, he would be a hypocrite (imo). Nick can be a nuanced guy at times, but at his core, I don't think hypocrite is a legitimate label for him.

JMO

Yes Litta! yes
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Actually I think we'll be seeing a lot of Nick crying during his season. He is a very sensitive guy to begin with. He will have a hard time letting contestants go IMHO. I don't think it will be any different then when a female lead is upset when they let contestants go. Just because he's a guy, I like to think it's genuine, just like the females.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:15 pm

I'm still just so thrilled that through all the push back Nick has received, he is still going to be "The Man" of the season. It makes me grin from ear to ear. He's a rare breed. I would have told CH to kiss my azz a long time ago. No Ben type, no Yawn, no farmer. They are not my cup of tea at all.  ABC finally decided ive paid my dues long enough! How bout that? :cutesmile!:

I have waited since Brad 2.0. I loved him, too.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:34 pm

I think that Nick's feelings and tears were genuine. The people who were making fun of him probably see themselves as being too cool for that kind of display. Which is really bizarre given that it's an ABC show. Fallon I sorta get because he often has a juvenile sense of humor anyway.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:37 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Actually I think we'll be seeing a lot of Nick crying during his season. He is a very sensitive guy to begin with. He will have a hard time letting contestants go IMHO. I don't think it will be any different then when a female lead is upset when they let contestants go. Just because he's a guy, I like to think it's genuine, just like the females.

I agree -- I think he's very sensitive and that he falls in love easily. Should make for an interesting season. I think he's going to have a lot of conundrums. Smiley
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 79 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+98
shaughnessyb
luvstx
northernviewer
George1218
Emilia23_12