SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 73 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 73 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Nonina430 Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:27 pm

@relaxing @LoveDovez yep my feelings exactly.
He walks like he has crap in his pants.
  Good Post

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 73 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by crunchycheeto Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:35 pm

To be fair, The Bachelor is still dominating its time slot, so it's not like the show is suffering in terms of ratings. I know I've seen quite a few people who said they're boycotting the season because of Nick, but how much has that influenced the numbers versus cord cutters? More and more people are getting rid of cable TV in favour of streaming shows online, and I'm genuinely interested to see if that has had any impact on shows like TB where live-viewing is such a big part of it.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Ash2214 wrote:It was interesting to see that every episode of Nick's so far has gotten less viewers than Ben, Chris and Juan Pablo, especially the first three. That made me laugh since Ashley I said he was going to get the highest ratings of all time for any bachelor laugh out loud

Corinne's act is old and Nick is boring IMO, but I expected that.

That just shows how ignorant Ashley I is because Nick was never going to even match, let alone, beat, the numbers of early Bachelors, who got an average of 10-12 million viewers and had finales with 18-25 million viewers. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:41 pm

I think the ratings have been trending downwards each season in part because of how people are changing how they watch television in general. Every year more and more people cut the cable and watch later on DVR, Hulu, the ABC app, etc. I'm not sure how much of this blame I'm putting on Nick's shoulders.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Ash2214 wrote:It was interesting to see that every episode of Nick's so far has gotten less viewers than Ben, Chris and Juan Pablo, especially the first three. That made me laugh since Ashley I said he was going to get the highest ratings of all time for any bachelor laugh out loud

Corinne's act is old and Nick is boring IMO, but I expected that.

Actually the success of a show no longer depends on the number of viewers but rather on the rating in relationship to other shows occurng at the same time. This is because overall the number of live viewers is rapidly declining due to online viewing and on demand viewing.  Nick's season so far has done extremely well when you consider the ratings with respect to the other shows on Monday nights. Here's the link to an article with the actual numbers for this last week:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-final-ratings-jan-23-2017/

And an article that states the numbers for Nick's season are steady with last season based upon the first episodes for each season:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-monday-jan-2-2017/

Having ratings consistent each year is actually difficult to achieve for shows as they usually see a slow decline each additional season. I think that Nick's season is doing fine.

In fact, Robert Mills, executive producer at ABC agrees in this link around (0:55). He says that Nick's season is pacing ahead of Ben's season. He actually called it unprecedented:

https://soundcloud.com/ewradio/the-bachelor-live-episode-3 on #SoundCloud

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Speaking about ratings, I remember a post from the potential Bachelorette 13 lead thread that's pretty interesting, imo.
I can identify with this. I DVR almost all programs that I am interested and watch them later, including the Bschelor.

coolangel wrote:
Lara wrote:Nick's season seems like it's going to make Kaitlyn look like a nun, yet it's performed worse in ratings than three previous bachelor seasons, IIRC

I have a little insight into this since I interned for a major studio in LA while in school. Even though as fans we compare the numbers to previous seasons, that is not what studios/TPTB take into consideration while determining if a season/show is popular or not in terms of rating. From what I understood while there, The key is to dominate the time slot and win the demographic they are targeting.

With the popularity of Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu and online apps for ABC/HBO, people's viewing habits have changed. The number of people who watch any show is now divided among the ones who watch it on TV(the rating which is measured), the ones who watch it live online and the ones who watch it later on the app. IMO It is anticipated that year by year, the number of people who watch any show on TV will keep decreasing with cord cutting and the ones who watch it online/app will keep increasing. So for rating/show popularity measure, they only take the comparison with other shows in the time-slot and not previous years. When a show falls behind other shows in the time-slot, only then it is considered a weak season and cause for concern. This was what I had gathered while working and since I am not producing any official documents as proof, all of it can be taken as my opinion. Smiley

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:53 pm

Mills is just BS-ing here. How is Nick's season unprecedented? Even if you don't look at total viewers, but look at shares instead, Ben had for the first four episodes vs. what Nick had. Nothing spectacular going on here. They're about the same. IMO.

2.2 / 7 vs 2.1 / 6
1.9 / 6 vs. 2.1 / 6
2.1 / 6 vs. 2.3 / 7
2.3 / 7 vs 2. 4 / 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm not putting all the blame on Nick, however, nick was far more disliked than he was liked over the past few years IMO and the fact that this is his fourth show probably doesn't entice a lot of people, but that's just my opinion.

Ben's and JoJo's seasons both trended up in terms of ratings from the few seasons before them, so I don't think it's necessarily trending down in terms of viewers. It's not all about the lead, however, and the story production wants to sell and the characters they have is a big part of it IMO. I don't really care about what's more important, winning time slots, etc. I'm simply just stating in total viewers, it's been fewer than Ben, Chris, and Juan Pablo's season.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:00 pm

For me it's no different than every other season in recent memory a few eps in. I expect the same formula season after season, and I rarely enjoy the episodes until f6 or so. Not necessarily Nick's fault. Some will connect with him more than others.

SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 73 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:04 pm

I don't know. I like Nick. I think he makes good tv. I think his connection with V is pretty much about as good as you can expect (so far). I think Vanessa is awesome. Smart, mature, strong. Different from the normal girl this show casts. I think Raven is cute as a button, smart as a whip, also strong. I think she'll be spawned the next lead and I'm good with that. I think Nick's F3 woman is also mature and intelligent. In fact, outside of Corrine, all of Nick's top women seem intelligent and accomplished. I like his taste and what it seems he's looking for. So... to me with all this in mind, I'm cool with this season. laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:16 pm

I don't even know who the contestants are, that is how uninterested I am. I know there are a lot of Christines it seems, one with an accent. I think Nick has a nice, normal family and I love how he is with his sister, but he confuses me. Too much talk about his past history with women, too much posturing off camera, makes me feel that he is full of himself. At the same time he seems kind of shy which is the confusing part. I have never been able to warm up to him.

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:44 pm

I will say I agree with the skeeviness comments. You'd think this is his first true attempt to try and steer away from being the sex guy and he can't help himself. I can't help but think that this is a big downgrade for Vanessa.

SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 73 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+98
shaughnessyb
luvstx
northernviewer
George1218
Emilia23_12