SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 77 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 77 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:47 am

ElonM wrote:It's amazing that Nick is been called out for promoting the show when past bachelors and bachelorettes have done so. I guess their motivation was different. Afterall, Nick doesn't deserve love.

Maybe he should just tweet about the sun. Jmo

I think this is the new wave of the show, imo, to allow the cast to do what they can to promote it. I think that would explain the team so and so stuff, and whatever else is done even pre-season. If the cast has a fan base prior to airing, the show already has a fan base which translates to rating. I actually believe the show wants this and encourages this.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 77 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by ElonM Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:06 am

Kashathediva wrote:
ElonM wrote:It's amazing that Nick is been called out for promoting the show when past bachelors and bachelorettes have done so. I guess their motivation was different. Afterall, Nick doesn't deserve love.

Maybe he should just tweet about the sun. Jmo

I think this is the new wave of the show, imo, to allow the cast to do what they can to promote it. I think that would explain the team so and so stuff, and whatever else is done even pre-season. If the cast has a fan base prior to airing, the show already has a fan base which translates to rating. I actually believe the show wants this and encourages this.

I totally agree.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:27 am

Nibbles22 wrote:and I don't blame Nick for rating losses, I blame the producers, and their choice to make this the Corinne Show!! SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 77 2292733854

Fans from other parts of the world are commenting on cast IG about current epis. They watch online much as many from the US watch the AU or NZ seasons. These watchers are not part of the ratings stats. Their numbers are unknown. I am not part of the ratings stats either as I have no tv. The way people watch has changed therefore making the traditional way viewer numbers are measured less accurate.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare2b... Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:41 am

I posted about this briefly in the Potential Bachelorette chat but trying to measure the success of the show strictly through ratings is a losing gesture. That is certainly not the only criteria that the network executives look at to judge how successful the season is.

The discussion about winning its time slot is a crucial part of the discussion on ratings as is the targeted demographic, but as someone who has spent time working with social media analytics, I can assure you that the social media conversation is a very important factor in how the network measures the success of the show. Television even has its own name for this type of analysis (Social TV Analytics)

This article is about two years old but it is still very relevant even more so...

http://adage.com/article/media/business-bachelor/300852/

Edited to Add: FWIW I am finding the season not as exciting as I thought I would since I generally like Nick but the Corrine drama makes it too predictable and rote, and there is nothing new or exciting about this season. Vanessa for some reason leaves me cold although I see the chemistry between them, my excitement for them pales in comparison to what I felt with Andi. (Couldn't get into Kaitlyn's season so I stopped watching that one right after the Nick pre-fantasy suite escapade).

And it's not simply because he likes Vanessa and has obviously made up his mind. The producers could have still made an exciting show by letting Nick show his sarcastic side in ITMs, and by showing more of the conversations with the actual contestants. I do think he has a lot of interesting contestants that would have made for much better TV and conversations. I just recently watched Jasmine's (Bachelorette Canada's season), and to me it was obvious she was picking Kevin, but the interactions with the others and her reactions in ITMs made the show for me.

Dare2b...

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Nibbles22 wrote:and I don't blame Nick for rating losses, I blame the producers, and their choice to make this the Corinne Show!! SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 77 2292733854

Nick hasn't lost ratings.   High clap
You might have missed it, but I posted the following up thread:

Actually the success of a show no longer depends on the number of viewers but rather on the rating in relationship to other shows occurng at the same time. This is because overall the number of live viewers is rapidly declining due to online viewing and on demand viewing.  Nick's season so far has done extremely well when you consider the ratings with respect to the other shows on Monday nights. Here's the link to an article with the actual numbers for this last week:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-final-ratings-jan-23-2017/

And an article that states the numbers for Nick's season are steady with last season based upon the first episodes for each season:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-monday-jan-2-2017/

Having ratings consistent each year is actually difficult to achieve for shows as they usually see a slow decline each additional season. I think that Nick's season is doing fine.

In fact, Robert Mills, executive producer at ABC agrees in this link around (0:55). He says that Nick's season is pacing ahead of Ben's season. He actually called it unprecedented:

https://soundcloud.com/ewradio/the-bachelor-live-episode-3 on #SoundCloud

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:06 pm

coolangel wrote:^^^ IMO It is a good thing that he is promoting the show. The leads are IMO employees of the show technically when it's airing since they get paid to do it unlike contestants. IMO contestants promote the show more for building their own brand since they don't owe the show anything. The lead however IMO does. Promoting the show actually shows good work ethic for a lead IMO. Leads who go on this show and then act like it's beneath them are the ones I dislike. All JMO.
I agree yes  it's similar to what "lead actors" do during their promotional tour for their movie ... it may become obnoxious to who follows their every move, but the publicity is part of their job, since the success or failure of the movie/show will be attributed to them, despite all "TPTB" behind the scenes (director, script, producers, time slot,...) For that I actually respect Nick's commitment to what he signed up for and for what he got paid to do.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:10 pm

IMO 'Nick the producer' comes out a lot which we're maybe not used to seeing with past leads. His RTing the ratings (I agree, obnoxious), looking around at production during filming, staring into the camera. I can definitely see why people are not really jiving with him yet. He seems so far removed from it all so it's hard to believe him. People don't want to watch a 'lead actor' promoting his performance. JMO.

SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 77 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:19 pm

mysthelma wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:It was interesting to see that every episode of Nick's so far has gotten less viewers than Ben, Chris and Juan Pablo, especially the first three. That made me laugh since Ashley I said he was going to get the highest ratings of all time for any bachelor laugh out loud

Corinne's act is old and Nick is boring IMO, but I expected that.

Talking about ratings I think his tweets are all about the being obsessed about the show "his show" and the ratings. I find it obnoxious. IMO
SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 77 Img_1312
SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 77 Img_1310
SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 77 Img_1313
SoundCloud - Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 77 Img_1311

I didn't realize he was doing that as I don't follow him. That is annoying, but not surprising IMO. The show is still obviously doing great in a lot of categories like the demographics and what not, however, from the articles I've seen, he's still getting less over all viewers than the last three bachelor's.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by jessietrey Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Just thought I would do an update on Instagram follower count for the remaining girls heading into the next episode (Episode 5, New Orleans):

Vanessa Grimaldi - 193K
Danielle Lombard - 178K (*had 115K followers before The Bachelor premiere)
Corinne Olympios - 154K
Raven Gates - 105K
Danielle Maltby - 77.6K
Alexis Waters - 55.1K
Kristina Schulman - 37.4K
Rachel Lindsay - 26.5K
Whitney Fransway - 25.2K
Taylor Nolan - 21.3K
Jasmine Goode - 18.6K
Josephine Tutman - 6K
Jaimi King - 2K
jessietrey
jessietrey

Female Posts : 329

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:30 pm

Wow. What was Danielle L. doing prior to this show that she had so many followers? Maybe this is a better question for her thread. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I find Danielle L. kinda vapid and ditzy.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:42 pm

I have no problem with him promoting his season, getting engaged with fans etc. But RT-ing ratings isn't promoting the season, or engaging fans, the average fan doesn't care because ratings aren't really for fans, they're for execs. Yes, his ratings are good, winning his time slot, but guess what? They're SUPPOSED to. Millsy can say w/e he wants and spin it however he wants, Nick's doing nothing unprecedented, he's delivering a solid season ratings wise but none of it is eye popping. Yes the last 2 episodes are higher than the first two which is unusual but the first two were only that low to begin with because they were competing with major sporting events those weeks.

Ben's season averaged 2.36 in the 18-49 with about 8 million total viewers every week. Nick so far is averaging 2.24 with about 7 million total viewers.

Nick's season is solid and doing what it's supposed to do, but he doesn't need to give himself a public bl*w j*b to it every week

All JMO (except for the numbers because those don't lie Smiley )

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:11 pm

^^ IMO RT-ing ratings or getting word out about the ratings does help in promoting the season. Someone who is not watching the season/ show can easily stumble on said tweet and think 'It's getting good ratings.. must be good.. I should give it a shot'. I personally have seen countless movies after seeing that they got good reviews/movie halls are packed (even if I had no intention of watching the movie otherwise). I don't see why it'll be any different for shows. All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+98
shaughnessyb
luvstx
northernviewer
George1218
Emilia23_12