SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Chi Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:10 pm

stuckinsc wrote:The editors are honestly the one to blame, the U.S. version is used to this, but it sounds like this is the first time the AU editors decided to give the F1 a less flattering edit and leave huge parts of the final couple's connection on the editing room floor.

Sad that this couple didn't get as much of their story shone.

I won't blame the edit. I think Richie's chemistry with Alex has been obvious from the start. A lot of us were blindsided... focused too much with Nikki. But like I said before, I didn't see what people saw regarding the 'Nikki-Richie' chemistry. All I've seen was the nervous 'ha-ha' of Richie or the automatic kiss everytime Nikki expresses her love. All I've seen is how Nikki often does the initiating rather than Richie. IMO there's more chemistry with Olena than Nikki, except it went messy in the end.

Didn't I say there will be a social media outcry if Nikki doesn't win? That's an understatement really. It was like Richie vs Australia now. giggling

Anyway, I think the main reason why Alex is hated is because of her too dramatic facial expres​sion(which makes her look so fake). Those expressions came from her own action so the editors can't be totally blamed for that. If only Alex had a natural-neutral 'face' even with that edit, I don't think people would hate her that much... she might even be seen as a clear contender. I'm not saying Alex is fake though... I mean she's very honest about her son and she took Richie's mum's advice pretty well... which does show a decent personality. But again, people see more of the surface than the deeper side of things.

Oh well, hope Nikki is doing ok now.

Chi

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:19 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and fellow fans of Richie and Alex, fan thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for Richie and Alex and to post and enjoy Richie and Alex's love story  hearthumbsup

Oh [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it's a little bit soon for me to venture over there, I'll see how I feel in a couple of weeks :tissuebox
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:33 pm

Chi wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:The editors are honestly the one to blame, the U.S. version is used to this, but it sounds like this is the first time the AU editors decided to give the F1 a less flattering edit and leave huge parts of the final couple's connection on the editing room floor.

Sad that this couple didn't get as much of their story shone.

I won't blame the edit. I think Richie's chemistry with Alex has been obvious from the start. A lot of us were blindsided... focused too much with Nikki. But like I said before, I didn't see what people saw regarding the 'Nikki-Richie' chemistry. All I've seen was the nervous 'ha-ha' of Richie or the automatic kiss everytime Nikki expresses her love. All I've seen is how Nikki often does the initiating rather than Richie. IMO there's more chemistry with Olena than Nikki, except it went messy in the end.

Didn't I say there will be a social media outcry if Nikki doesn't win? That's an understatement really. It was like Richie vs Australia now.  giggling

Anyway, I think the main reason why Alex is hated is because of her too dramatic facial expres​sion(which makes her look so fake). Those expressions came from her own action so the editors can't be totally blamed for that. If only Alex had a natural-neutral 'face' even with that edit, I don't think people would hate her that much... she might even be seen as a clear contender. I'm not saying Alex is fake though... I mean she's very honest about her son and she took Richie's mum's advice pretty well... which does show a decent personality. But again, people see more of the surface than the deeper side of things.

Oh well, hope Nikki is doing ok now.

The chemistry was obvious from the start, however I think many thought it was only a physical edit, rather than an emotional connection - I do blame the producers for this. Also, Alex appeared to be acting in an over-the-top manner, which was picked up on by many viewers. She may well be a lovely girl, but we didn't really get to see that side of her on the show IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emayem Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:23 am

Interesting hearing Richie talk about their second kiss that pretty much sealed the deal for him. Was at a cocktail party and not shown. I feel like we missed out on a lot of their story, they were too busy covering all the drama and selling Nikki's story!

Emayem

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:33 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and fellow fans of Richie and Alex, fan thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for Richie and Alex and to post and enjoy Richie and Alex's love story  hearthumbsup

Oh [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it's a little bit soon for me to venture over there, I'll see how I feel in a couple of weeks :tissuebox

I totally understand. Just putting the link for those who are fans of Richie and Alex and want to post in an only positive fan thread yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:17 am

I feel tptb for the first time just showed us the love story.  There was no double meaning or crazy edits.  They just showed us what transpired  including important points regarding Richie and all the contestants.

On the other hand, from the first episode majority of people decided to choose a wife for Richie and decided Nikki was the best suited to him so rooted for her.  Of course we only know what has been shown of Richie on air and following him on sm etc.  And, I would be the first to say I really do not know the real Richie so choosing his future partner or bride for him depending on what I think he is, is kind of altogether off the mark anyway.  

*EDIT* me who was so stuck on the edit and interpreting the edit according to past bach etc.  eg. with F1 the mysterious one with a problem to be resolved, F2 the one with the strong chemistry with the bach and F3 the girl next door.  When all along,l for the first time tptb were not doing any manipulation.  The only effort put in was to keep the F1 secret.

Courtney the F1 on Ben (USbach) also got a bad edit.  Then Desiree was absolutely abandoned with a bad edit for the bachette.  Sometimes I feel tptb want the bach or contestant to do or say things and when they do not, they give them bad edits.

*EDIT* I hope Richie and Alex make it.  I feel Alex really loves Richie.  Nikki seemed to have a sense of entitlement on Richie.  Olena wanted to be sure he was totally his before she decided to commit and Alex just loved him. all imo.

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:01 am

Although I've watched this show for years, I'm still on the notion that it's all "bubble love" and mostly physical attraction IMO. Just keeping it real! When it's a wrap and reality takes center stage, I wish them luck. I'm not so sure that we will ever see a pure love story but we will definitely see many stories subject to our own interpretation. 

Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, pinpointing on one favorite is watching the show through rose tinted glasses. It probably hasn't been proven, but I think the audience is caught up in the same syndrome as the contestants. 

The show will be edited and stories shown but are there legit patterns  that might possibly clue us in as per the norm or change ups as time goes on. 
Don't forget, Nikki shown first and Olena shown last from limo exits; maybe a subliminal tease because they were both shown in early dates to get the audience to focus on them. Who the heck knows! 
The US has the F1 dates around the 3/4/5 episode I think these days. 

What was obvious was a physical attraction between Alex and Richie and it was crystal clear during the photo shoot. Moving forward I will be looking for everything, kitchen sink included.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:41 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:

I totally understand. Just putting the link for those who are fans of Richie and Alex and want to post in an only positive fan thread yes

I think the world/media ( not our members ) should move on and realize Richie did what he felt was best for him and his future and leave them alone. After the shock wore off for me, I'm happy for them, if they are happy. That's all that matters at the end of the day.

I will have to give props where props are due because not many men would have kept, much less chose a woman with a child. Now next season if there's one with a child I will watch her more closely since Richie and Sam both chose a lady with a child.. laugh out loud
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 4 - Richie Strahan - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+35
Mikesgirl83
casjacknick
GuardianAngel
Norcalgal
MissB
carraiger
joshfan
iamreal2u
stuckinsc
Carine
LeapofFaith