SELECT CONTENT

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 34 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 34 Empty Re: Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Catdwoman50 Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:44 am

^^ This may not be a popular post, but Raven's date is coming up in the next episode. She may be getting ready for the influx of tweets at the same time promote her business. If I was in her shoes and ended up F2, I would also try to milk this gig as much as I can as I would be given national and international opportunity to promote my business. I will at least get something for my heartache.  IMO

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 34 Empty Re: Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:00 am

I don't see anything wrong in anyone milking this opportunity for all its worth. I used to, but they are all the same and if one can gain an opportunity from it, please go for it. Bachelor nation is about benefitting from their 5, 10 or 30 minutes of fame. IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:21 am

Milking it? I say, go for it! ... It's not like this show isn't doing the same with "the lives" of these contestants. I'm standing behind Nick for going after what he wants by appearing in the media, so I see no reason for Raven not using the opportunity also ... just consider the time, resources/connections and means ... and use good portion of wisdom! Be clever and promote the "smart", please, JMO.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 am

After I learned from here, that the 'contestants' don't receive any payment for appearing on the show, I have no issue with 'milking' it. IMO that is part of the pull for the sm savy people taking part in the show, especially if its part of your career.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:13 am

I'm sorry, but IMO these people do not need to be paid for their appearances.  They are not actors, though some think their as good or as important as A list celebs, IMO. dizzy  They may not receive monetary payment, but they get free travel all over and a gift bag of some sort.  The gifts vary from year to year, but they always include, jewlery, watches, clothes, scarves, etc., among others things including often being held in a suit case or luggage bag, etc.

Most choose to shill after and use there new found popularity as their income.  IMO, a lot go on with the idea of what will this do for me and intentions of wanting the fame and shilling opportunities more than a chance at love or simply for adventure.  And IMO, that's why I find myself less and less thrilled with the casting options in more recent seasons.  

JMOAA
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:25 am

IA Ladybug ... and sorry to use this thread for discussing other topic - "monetizing the fame" after appearing on the show ... but the great reveal is that it's "our choice", as a consumer, IMO ... so if there is no demand, there is no market. As long people are willing to buy (whatever it's offered - the show itself, the pretty picture on SM or the "cheap" T-shirt) ... there will be someone ready to sell. I guess props go to who is "wise" enough in this circle, but that's another discussion.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:36 am

@happy, I was getting ready to post that it is "my choice" to follow these people on SM, my choice to watch them make a fool of themselves on TV. I also want to ask everyone to respect my right to choose to be judgmental of those who after all are also choosing to subject themselves to ridicule. My .02 cents

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:49 am

Alright, even though I participated in the discussion :uptonogood, I think we're veering farther and farther  offtopic .

Let's get back to Raven.  Thanks! Smiley
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 pm

yeap! Back to Raven ... I actually didn't see much of her (I admit, skipping many minutes of the show, so I even missed the cheese pasta Upset) so I'm wondering what is coming across ... how is she, personality wise?
My 2c about Raven ... seeing the introduction video, I would advise her to cut her hair a bit, since I don't think that length does her face justice - but that's just my taste. Have no problem with the accent, actually I'm not sure what is her accent? And the part I've seen Nick say that Raven seems to be very honest (outspoken), I presume it's a trait that caught Nick's attention to bring her among the final 3.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:10 pm

She has seemed fun and laid back so far, to me. And I don't know what accent ya'll are talking about. She sounds perfectly normal to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:16 pm

IMO, its more a southern drawl than an accent.  And the level of southernness put into the drawl varies from person to person, town to town, etc. across the southern states in the US.

And to quote a line from an old favorite of mine:

Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid.  - Jake Perry (character in the movie), Sweet Home Alabama
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:IMO, its more a southern drawl than an accent.  And the level of southernness put into the drawl varies from person to person, town to town, etc. across the southern states in the US.

And to quote a line from an old favorite of mine:

Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid.  - Jake Perry (character in the movie), Sweet Home Alabama
Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 34 3806527698 Every word I speak has 3 syllables. I'm not from Arkansas but down here in the South, we talk slow and we walk slow. No one is in a hurry! It's funny, when I visited Europe, all of the locals easily guessed where I was from. Listening to Raven makes me laugh. I forget I have such an accent.

Last edited by mprssdbyu on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+84
MiaHawk
Loulou
Just Looking
traveler90
sharonchan